Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Wednesday - May 30, 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
Chip Wrote:Joe and T posting?
This place is going to hell in a hand basket.

Haha.
Hell in a hand basket.
Get it?
Like my avatar...
Sorry.
I blame the beer.
One of my best friends from high school just had a kid... They named him: Azariah Sebastian
NussieT Wrote:One of my best friends from high school just had a kid... They named him: Azariah Sebastian

Drugs are bad..
Joe Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:One of my best friends from high school just had a kid... They named him: Azariah Sebastian

Drugs are bad..

That kid is going to get teased... Azariah Sebastian McGeachy... seriously...
Chip Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Joe and T posting?
This place is going to hell in a hand basket.

Haha.
Hell in a hand basket.
Get it?
Like my avatar...
Sorry.
I blame the beer.

I would have posted more, but it takes like 3 minutes for the page to refresh over there.
NussieT Wrote:Hahaha... IT's like a DBN tramp stamp.

DBN tramp stamp it will stay for a day. I'm going to bed.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Because men are ignorant and have for centuries treated women as lesser beings. It's a mentality thing, men are afraid to view women as equals. That's why.

For years, I've experienced that attitude from males. That pickle plant was run by chauvinists who were constantly telling me that I wasn't capable of doing the heavy duty work, that I should be at home raising a family and all that bullshit. I proved them wrong and could out lift many of the guys there. I most certainly held my own and was used to show the new guys up. One time, a truck driver shifted a load and knocked over 844 5 gal pails. I restacked the majority of those pallets myself while the other 2 guys cried about how difficult it was... and I was in office clothes.

Oh bullshit. In 12 years in the Army and as an active alumni, I have never once heard a woman in the Military say "Damn the women PT standards are too easy, I wish they made us do what the men do".

Don't give me that chauvinist bullshit. While it may apply to the civilian workplace, but women have no place in the Infantry, Rangers or Special Forces. I have no problem with them in the other combat arms like artillery or armor, but the Infantry is a step above the rest of the Army.

"One thing that has not been taken into account, because this is all political and all about the girls' careers, is whether this enhances the combat effectiveness of the Infantry. If you do not know what Infantry does, here are two ways to learn.

- Watch the first 20 minutes of the movie Saving Private Ryan, which shows a somewhat sanitized (!) version of what happened on the right (Western) flank of Omaha Beach on June 6, 1944. Bear in mind that the first units landed at about 0630, and the breakout depicted in the movie happened at several places on the beach at about 1400, so Mr Spielberg has compressed events enormously to make his narrative flow. But watch this, and ask which of the women you know would have made that go any better, and how a unit with 10 to 30 percent women would have done that day? (For extra credit, write your comment in German, which we'd probably all be speaking now).

- Read the official report on the Battle of Wanat, and watch Sebastian Junger's documentary, Restrepo, in case you thought it got easy in the last sixty years. Short answer -- not yet. Ask yourself the same question: what specific woman would have helped?

[Image: Infantry-follow-me-cross-rifles-300x225.jpg]

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://weaponsman.com/?p=2996">http://weaponsman.com/?p=2996</a><!-- m -->

Oh please, your tune would be so different if you were a female. And I am telling you that there ARE women out there damn well capable to do that shit and I say let them!!!

I said it before, yes there are women out there capable, but I would put that number worldwide at well under 1% of all women.
Pete Nice Wrote:20 REASONS

Before I list them I must tell you I do not agree with trying to allow women in the infantry, BUT most of these are more for humor and some are factual. You should be able to pick them out.

1. Women are physically weaker
2. Too much emotion
3. Violence is more likely to make them feel bad ------ OH, BULLSHIT!!!!!
4. Need to shower a lot more than men because they are more likely to get infections of the you know where
5. Their nails might break
6. They are smaller
7. A female being tortured is far more traumatic to the American public than males THE ONLY THING ON THIS LIST I AGREE WITH, BECAUSE THIS IS HOW OUR SOCIETY IS.. Unfuortunately.
8. Males feel they need to protect women so it would throw the men on the line off their game
9. Men naturally don't trust females in threatening situations
10. There would be no privacy thus not allowing a woman the chance to do her woman things without men watching
11. They would not get to watch jersey shore on a regular basis
12. Perfume will give away their position
13. Coach does not make a rut sack
14. Why is not the answer to an order
15. It is hard to find a tampon in Afghanistan
16. To distracting for the males no matter how you look you're the only thing they see
17. How is a 120lbs girl going to carry a 200lbs guy (weight is before adding in the 100lbs of gear) for extended periods of time in the event of a casualty
18. What if she gets pregnant. That's just a whole other topic
19. Who will be left to cook for the men at home
20. We would have to completely change the standards for the infantry

Conclusion

All in all I was not serious about all of those reasons and was not trying to be nor am I actually sexist. I do however believe whole heartedly that females should not be in any of the combat arms for a lot of those reasons. I don't understand why people are pressing the issue so hard. What if they do allow women in the infantry and because of their lack in physical ability some people die. To me if one person dies then it is a failure and should be treated like that. everyone who keeps fighting for the so called "rights" of females just leave it alone and let the people actually fighting the wars decide if it is a good idea or not. I mean come on I think we know what would be best for ourselves don’t you?

I would like some opinions on the topic and if you have some reasons they should be allow I would love to hear them. Oh, and by the way, just because we need them to talk to and search the females of Afghanistan due to their culture does not mean we will always need them so that argument does not hold water.

That whole list with one exception is a joke.

I didn't write them, I copied them from an article and there is no denying that 1, 6, 7, 8. 17, 18 and 20 are all true.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I'm pretty sure Pete never said anything about immune systems or pain tolerance...

I am pretty sure you are right :high5:

Only because Petey can't even argue this one!

Because it has nothing to do with the debate.
The debate is, are women physically strong enough to be able to do what is necessary to save lives on the battle field.
The correct answer, 99.9% of the time, is no.

:high5:
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Oh please, your tune would be so different if you were a female. And I am telling you that there ARE women out there damn well capable to do that shit and I say let them!!!

I said it before, yes there are women out there capable, but I would put that number worldwide at well under 1% of all women.

The average woman is not some petite, frail, little thing.

Yuck.. poor kid! Jim told me he likes the name Damian. There is no fucking way I would ever name a child of mine after the creepy kid from Omen.
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

Before I list them I must tell you I do not agree with trying to allow women in the infantry, BUT most of these are more for humor and some are factual. You should be able to pick them out.

2. Too much emotion
4. Need to shower a lot more than men because they are more likely to get infections of the you know where
6. They are smaller
7. A female being tortured is far more traumatic to the American public than males THE ONLY THING ON THIS LIST I AGREE WITH, BECAUSE THIS IS HOW OUR SOCIETY IS.. Unfuortunately.
8. Males feel they need to protect women so it would throw the men on the line off their game
10. There would be no privacy thus not allowing a woman the chance to do her woman things without men watching
16. To distracting for the males no matter how you look you're the only thing they see
17. How is a 120lbs girl going to carry a 200lbs guy (weight is before adding in the 100lbs of gear) for extended periods of time in the event of a casualty

Conclusion

All in all I was not serious about all of those reasons and was not trying to be nor am I actually sexist. I do however believe whole heartedly that females should not be in any of the combat arms for a lot of those reasons. I don't understand why people are pressing the issue so hard. What if they do allow women in the infantry and because of their lack in physical ability some people die. To me if one person dies then it is a failure and should be treated like that. everyone who keeps fighting for the so called "rights" of females just leave it alone and let the people actually fighting the wars decide if it is a good idea or not. I mean come on I think we know what would be best for ourselves don’t you?

I would like some opinions on the topic and if you have some reasons they should be allow I would love to hear them. Oh, and by the way, just because we need them to talk to and search the females of Afghanistan due to their culture does not mean we will always need them so that argument does not hold water.

I didn't write them, I copied them from an article and there is no denying that 1, 6, 7, 8. 17, 18 and 20 are all true.

I only agree with 7. And the pregnancy one is only an issue if she isn't on the pill, unless that fails. :?
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Oh please, your tune would be so different if you were a female. And I am telling you that there ARE women out there damn well capable to do that shit and I say let them!!!

You just don't get it. Even the average woman will not be able to do it, it would take an extraordinary woman to be able to perform Infantry functions at a successful level. Like I said, far less than 1% of all women world wide would be capable.
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

2. Too much emotion
6. They are smaller

Conclusion

I only agree with 7. And the pregnancy one is only an issue if she isn't on the pill, unless that fails. :?

If a woman gets pregnant while an active infantryman, they would have to immediately be pulled from the field, immediately weakening the force. That is a liability.
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I said it before, yes there are women out there capable, but I would put that number worldwide at well under 1% of all women.

You just don't get it. Even the average woman will not be able to do it, it would take an extraordinary woman to be able to perform Infantry functions at a successful level. Like I said, far less than 1% of all women world wide would be capable.

Wouldn't you just shit your pants when some females do it better than any guy? :grin:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33