Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Wednesday - May 30, 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Quote:Women Have Stronger Immune Systems

A 2009 study by scientists at McGill University indicated that women have a built-in mechanism to protect from infection. Estrogen naturally found in our bodies suppresses an enzyme that interferes with our defense system. These findings may inspire estrogen-based treatments to boost immunity in those (ahem, men) who don't already possess the hormone.

I'm pretty sure Pete never said anything about immune systems or pain tolerance...
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote::roll:

:high5:
Quote:Women Have Stronger Immune Systems

A 2009 study by scientists at McGill University indicated that women have a built-in mechanism to protect from infection. Estrogen naturally found in our bodies suppresses an enzyme that interferes with our defense system. These findings may inspire estrogen-based treatments to boost immunity in those (ahem, men) who don't already possess the hormone.

the MCGill university is the same university that said gay marriages are destroying the honey bee population
I didn't put a welding helmet on, and just flash burned my eyeballs. I bet a girl wouldn't have done that. Confusedad:
LeNeve Wrote:I didn't put a welding helmet on, and just flash burned my eyeballs. I bet a girl wouldn't have done that. Confusedad:
Put teabags on ur eyes.
i bleed green Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I didn't put a welding helmet on, and just flash burned my eyeballs. I bet a girl wouldn't have done that. Confusedad:
Put teabags on ur eyes.

:roflmao:
i bleed green Wrote:
Put teabags on ur eyes.

you are gay. never tried the tea bags

potatos work really good too.
Chip Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:
Put teabags on ur eyes.

:roflmao:

thats actually solid advice. :roflmao: :roflmao:
If I ever see a girl welding, I'm going to tea bag her
LeNeve Wrote:If I ever see a girl welding, I'm going to tea bag her

Walking around car plants, I've actually seen a couple that were pretty decent looking.
Come to think about it, the only female skilled trades I've seen have been welders.
Weirf.
Pete Nice Wrote:No it's not. If women are not weaker, then why does the Army and all the other branches have slower run times, less sit ups and less push up for women than men on PT tests? Why do the women get to do push ups from their knees while the men have to do them the real way. And even then, from their knees, the women STILL have to do fewer push ups, by a significant amount? Why in the Marines do men have to do pull ups while women just have a timed straight arm hang?

Why when my sister and I took the Pittsburgh City Police Test, did I have to bench 260 pounds and she had to bench 65 pounds?

What is your answer to that Ms. Know It All?

Because men are ignorant and have for centuries treated women as lesser beings. It's a mentality thing, men are afraid to view women as equals. That's why.

For years, I've experienced that attitude from males. That pickle plant was run by chauvinists who were constantly telling me that I wasn't capable of doing the heavy duty work, that I should be at home raising a family and all that bullshit. I proved them wrong and could out lift many of the guys there. I most certainly held my own and was used to show the new guys up. One time, a truck driver shifted a load and knocked over 844 5 gal pails. I restacked the majority of those pallets myself while the other 2 guys cried about how difficult it was... and I was in office clothes.

Oh bullshit. In 12 years in the Army and as an active alumni, I have never once heard a woman in the Military say "Damn the women PT standards are too easy, I wish they made us do what the men do".

Don't give me that chauvinist bullshit. While it may apply to the civilian workplace, but women have no place in the Infantry, Rangers or Special Forces. I have no problem with them in the other combat arms like artillery or armor, but the Infantry is a step above the rest of the Army.

"One thing that has not been taken into account, because this is all political and all about the girls' careers, is whether this enhances the combat effectiveness of the Infantry. If you do not know what Infantry does, here are two ways to learn.

- Watch the first 20 minutes of the movie Saving Private Ryan, which shows a somewhat sanitized (!) version of what happened on the right (Western) flank of Omaha Beach on June 6, 1944. Bear in mind that the first units landed at about 0630, and the breakout depicted in the movie happened at several places on the beach at about 1400, so Mr Spielberg has compressed events enormously to make his narrative flow. But watch this, and ask which of the women you know would have made that go any better, and how a unit with 10 to 30 percent women would have done that day? (For extra credit, write your comment in German, which we'd probably all be speaking now).

- Read the official report on the Battle of Wanat, and watch Sebastian Junger's documentary, Restrepo, in case you thought it got easy in the last sixty years. Short answer -- not yet. Ask yourself the same question: what specific woman would have helped?

[Image: Infantry-follow-me-cross-rifles-300x225.jpg]

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://weaponsman.com/?p=2996">http://weaponsman.com/?p=2996</a><!-- m -->
girls make you german
LeNeve Wrote:does the army let the girls drive the tanks?

No, they can not be in tanks at all, but that is changing soon also. I have no issue with that.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7RuEEZXNkRUh-xtH6ior...nyKaU6xACg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKjmY5rJZ-v7hV0IvmNx5...RH9FoNrqK9]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33