Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Wednesday 11/24 - ... insert witty joke here ...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Brian in NY Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:Next weekend or the weekend after.

Ours went up last night.
Disgruntled Holiday Wrote:Dear Joe,

You do know that there's a holiday between Halloween and Christmas, right?

Sincerely,
Thanksgiving

I wanted a headstart on the lights before it got cold. Girlfriend wanted to have the house fully decorated for the Thanksgiving guests.
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:You are doing 2 days minimum for a DUI here. 5 days minimum for DUI #2 and one year mandatory for #3

lose your liscence for 30 days, then work, and emergency driving only for a year. the 2nd DUI you lose it totally for a year. the 3rd DUI you lose your liscence for 5 years.

Personally I think the DUI laws are way too strict. The punishment should be based on how drunk you are. I am probaly at a constant .08% after work.

They are.
They're getting to the point where you have a drink or two and they can destroy your life.
Politicians love making new laws to make it look like they're doing things.

Yeah, it's stupid that one fucking beer could put you in the slammer. I can't get a buzz off one Capt n Coke, let alone one beer. It's dumb.
Derick Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:You are doing 2 days minimum for a DUI here. 5 days minimum for DUI #2 and one year mandatory for #3

lose your liscence for 30 days, then work, and emergency driving only for a year. the 2nd DUI you lose it totally for a year. the 3rd DUI you lose your liscence for 5 years.

Personally I think the DUI laws are way too strict. The punishment should be based on how drunk you are. I am probaly at a constant .08% after work.

One of the guys showed up to work drunk as fuck yesterday. He blew a .113... What a moron. They canned his ass, too.
you have a breathalizer at work, what kind of gestapo do you work in

I have a friend who works in a steel mill, a union guy.
And if they cause an accident, or hurt themselves, they have to go straight to get tested for drugs and alcohal first.
Joe Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Iva13 Wrote:My Dad got me one of those old fashioned silver christmas trees....it's an antique....I can't wait to put it up...I will have a mod christmas tree this year and NO pine needles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so happy!!!! he even got me a stand for it. I sitll need a color wheel b/c you can't put lights on them...and I forget why...probalby b/c it will catch fire...I think it's aluminum??????
I don't even know where to start.

I'm still like.. Confusedhock:

Bad time to say that I don't like tinsel trees, huh?
Joe Wrote:I wanted a headstart on the lights before it got cold. Girlfriend wanted to have the house fully decorated for the Thanksgiving guests.
Just busting balls.
I wonder if I will get paid today, or on Monday. I never remember what they do.
Derick Wrote:you have a breathalizer at work, what kind of gestapo do you work in

I didn't know they had one. You can buy them from drug stores now, so I am really not shocked. I only knew what he blew, because his supervisor told me about it. I am betting it's our HR chick, she's nuts. Had a spazz attack over a condom that someone hid in a magazine. It was still in the friggin wrapper. :roll:
Joe Wrote:I wanted a headstart on the lights before it got cold. Girlfriend wanted to have the house fully decorated for the Thanksgiving guests.

It looks really nice Joey. Good job!
Brian in NY Wrote:
Just busting balls.

But I agree.
Nussie_T Wrote:

It looks really nice Joey. Good job!

My dog helped.
Chip Wrote:

They are.
They're getting to the point where you have a drink or two and they can destroy your life.
Politicians love making new laws to make it look like they're doing things.

Yeah, it's stupid that one fucking beer could put you in the slammer. I can't get a buzz off one Capt n Coke, let alone one beer. It's dumb.

They can't put a number on how tired a person is, so they have to crack down on something.

It's like cell phones.
Look at a chart of cell phone use, and people using cell phones over the last 15 years.
It goes up almost exponentally.
Then look at car accident rates over the same time.
There is no relation between the 2.
And there are a few other things higher then cell phones on the "driver distraction list".
But they're not going to outlaw radios and mirrors.
Derick Wrote:you have a breathalizer at work, what kind of gestapo do you work in

I didn't know they had one. You can buy them from drug stores now, so I am really not shocked. I only knew what he blew, because his supervisor told me about it. I am betting it's our HR chick, she's nuts. Had a spazz attack over a condom that someone hid in a magazine. It was still in the friggin wrapper. :roll:

Maxim has three HR people. One each section of the building. One for accounting, administration & payroll, one for sales & one for service & parts. They are so fucking dumb too! Laura went nuts because someone said "Black is beautiful but white is right". It seems racist but he was referring to the color of the truck.
Derick Wrote:
beckster Wrote:When is the Ukrainian Christmas, any way?
jan 6- 19th

Thanks, T! :wink:
LeNeve Wrote:The real tree selection here is pretty weak. They all look like crap, and might catch on fire just carrying them to the pickup. My grandparents in Oklahoma always had a real tree cut from their property. My Dad always had a real tree when we lived in Colorado too.

I'm worried that the dog will think we brought the toilet indoors. I used to get a real tree, but that hunt for a good tree good old and was cold.

Your workplace sounds scary to me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34