Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Tuesday 11/30/2010 - Live from Covino's LA Studio!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
JDubb Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
Travesty Wrote:...Some fans think they're on the friggin team...
Whenever I hear some refer to a game as "We" did this and "We' did that I always ask what number they are because I didn't see them on the field. :poke:

I disagree with this. I think arrogant assholes nitpick on the use of "we" by fans.
You're wrong.

And you are not from a football state.
Most professional athletes care
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:There are exceptions. A lot of players care about the Steelers when they are Steelers, that is why they stay in PGH after they retire and still do team related events many times a year. Also, players often take less to play for them.

I can't really think of another team like that, but I am sure there are one or two more in pro sports.

I think there are a lot of teams that get home town discounts from players.
I hate them, but the Red Wings always do.

Yeah, I know that, but that is just a small part of it. Most Steeler players real are Steelers, not just a guy getting a paycheck, it's hard to explain. They are Steelers for life.

I think it happens more then you think.
A lot of teams seem to get a few players who make careers with a team.
But maybe it happens more then I think with the Steelers.
Pete Nice Wrote:Most professional athletes care

I agree, but seeing McNabb on the sidelines laughing while the Eagles were getting their asses kicked would burn me up.
Joe Wrote:And you are not from a football state.

What does being from a "football state" have to do with it?
Fans of all sports do that.
This convo is taking a dumb direction
Joe Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I disagree with this. I think arrogant assholes nitpick on the use of "we" by fans.
You're wrong.

I am just talking about how people go overboard and get way too invested. I watch sports and follow several teams but can't get that invested into something that I have no control over.
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:And you are not from a football state.

What does being from a "football state" have to do with it?
Fans of all sports do that.

It's at a different level in some states.
Jeter is from Michigan
JDubb Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I disagree with this. I think arrogant assholes nitpick on the use of "we" by fans.
You're wrong.

I am just talking about how people go overboard and get way too invested. I watch sports and follow several teams but can't get that invested into something that I have no control over.

I am overboard and over invested when it comes to the Eagles.
Chip Wrote:Are these homos really telling people how to talk now?

I don't even hear them anymore...
Joe Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Most professional athletes care

I agree, but seeing McNabb on the sidelines laughing while the Eagles were getting their asses kicked would burn me up.
I agree that most of them care.
Larry Fitzgerald is not happy with how things are going in Arizona, when asked where he would want to be traded, he did not hesitate in his response "Pittsburgh", where he went to college. When he was here he followed the Steelers big time, of course he wants to play for his favorite team.
i used to play hockey against one of my best friends, I would check the hell out of him all game long, then after the game we'd hop in his car and go home
So Pete who is going to win this weekend? PGH or Balt?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32