Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Tuesday 11/30/2010 - Live from Covino's LA Studio!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32
There are exceptions. A lot of players care about the Steelers when they are Steelers, that is why they stay in PGH after they retire and still do team related events many times a year. Also, players often take less to play for them.

I can't really think of another team like that, but I am sure there are one or two more in pro sports.
Pete Nice Wrote:There are exceptions. A lot of players care about the Steelers when they are Steelers, that is why they stay in PGH after they retire and still do team related events many times a year. Also, players often take less to play for them.

I can't really think of another team like that, but I am sure there are one or two more in pro sports.

I think there are a lot of teams that get home town discounts from players.
I hate them, but the Red Wings always do.
Assless, great TickleSack song!
Pete Nice Wrote:There are exceptions. A lot of players care about the Steelers when they are Steelers, that is why they stay in PGH after they retire and still do team related events many times a year. Also, players often take less to play for them.

In most cases the teams aren't loyal to the players. A good example would be McNabb and Dawkins.
Travesty Wrote:...Some fans think they're on the friggin team...
Whenever I hear people refer to a game as "We" did this and "We' did that I always ask what number they are because I didn't see them on the field. :poke:
Chip Wrote:

I think there are a lot of teams that get home town discounts from players.
I hate them, but the Red Wings always do.

Yeah, I know that, but that is just a small part of it. Most Steeler players real are Steelers, not just a guy getting a paycheck, it's hard to explain. They are Steelers for life.
JDubb Wrote:
Whenever I hear some refer to a game as "We" did this and "We' did that I always ask what number they are because I didn't see them on the field. :poke:

I disagree with this. I think arrogant assholes nitpick on the use of "we" by fans.
JDubb Wrote:
Whenever I hear people refer to a game as "We" did this and "We' did that I always ask what number they are because I didn't see them on the field. :poke:
viking fans are especially bad about this
Pete Nice Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
Whenever I hear some refer to a game as "We" did this and "We' did that I always ask what number they are because I didn't see them on the field. :poke:

I disagree with this. I think arrogant assholes nitpick on the use of "we" by fans.
You're wrong.
Pete Nice Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:

I kind of agree Pete. If it wasn't for the collective fans there would not be a team, if we were not all cheering at the games, we would lose etc...
Derick Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
viking fans are especially bad about this
They're the worst, part of the reason I hate the Vikings so much.
JDubb Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:

You're wrong.

Not really.
Covino hates Joe......hate is such a strong word.
:roflmao: Covino doesn't like me.
your phone sucks dude
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32