Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Monday 11/29/2010 - I just realized....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Joe Wrote:Hopefully there's still time for them to die a horrible death in the elevator or something like that to prevent them from reaching the show.

maybe one of them will trip and fall on a black dudes dick, and miss the show.
So we had verizon fios hooked up Friday, saving us $70 a month.

My thoughts so far:

Pluses: The picture does look a little better, they have a ton of features on their set top box including real time access to my ESPN fantasy football teams, multi room DVR, free secured wireless internet box, about 12 HBO channels compared to 5 for Comcast.

Minuses: The menu's are WAY less user friendly, the DVR is harder to set up, The boxes are 3 times the size of my little comcast boxes that I could stick behind the TV.

The internet speed seems to be the same so far.

I am thinking about changing providers every year to get the special for new customers.
Joe Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:What up nerfherders!!!

I am busy as hell today, but should be around a little bit during the show.

Just finished off the last of the stuffing. Turkey, stuffing, Mashed taters, gravy, pumpkin pie all gone now. All that is left is a spinach casserole and green bean casserole, and a bunch of cheese from the appetizer tray. I "heart" Thanksgiving.

I have enough leftovers to feed us for the remainder of the week.

We had friends come eat on Friday and that ate into a ton of leftover and we also had some people late night come eat some Saturday night.
The KardASSians and the buried life......killer line-up Confusedarcasm:
Pete Nice Wrote:So we had verizon fios hooked up Friday, saving us $70 a month.

My thoughts so far:

Pluses: The picture does look a little better, they have a ton of features on their set top box including real time access to my ESPN fantasy football teams, multi room DVR, free secured wireless internet box, about 12 HBO channels compared to 5 for Comcast.

Minuses: The menu's are WAY less user friendly, the DVR is harder to set up, The boxes are 3 times the size of my little comcast boxes that I could stick behind the TV.

The internet speed seems to be the same so far.

I am thinking about changing providers every year to get the special for new customers.

How long do the savings last for FIOS? Everything I saw had FIOS more expensive than Comcast.

When I moved in I got Comcast and then switched to Direct TV and then switched back to Comcast because the deals for switching were pretty sweet.
LeNeve Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:my ears are frozen. It's cold and windy. brrrrr...
must be about 60 there

it was 65 yesterday, but the wind was blowing about 40 mph, so it was not enjoyable

65 would be a heat-wave.. Today is supposed to be in the mid 40s and so is tomorrow, then the temp is supposed to drop and snow is supposed to roll in.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:What up nerfherders!!!

I am busy as hell today, but should be around a little bit during the show.

Just finished off the last of the stuffing. Turkey, stuffing, Mashed taters, gravy, pumpkin pie all gone now. All that is left is a spinach casserole and green bean casserole, and a bunch of cheese from the appetizer tray. I "heart" Thanksgiving.

I have enough leftovers to feed us for the remainder of the week.

We had friends come eat on Friday and that ate into a ton of leftover and we also had some people late night come eat some Saturday night.

There were 7 of us for Thanksgiving and my parents wound up staying until Sunday. We pretty much ate leftovers the entire weekend except for the Chinese food we ordered on Saturday. I was trying to give away food last night when they were leaving, but the fridge is still packed.
Chip Wrote:I'm pretty sure Kelloggs is based out of Michigan.

Hey, but here's a quick question.
Q. What's more irrelevant then Middle America?

A. Middle Canada.

Oh. hahah Chip. That was a good one! Confusedarcasm:
Brian in NY Wrote:The KardASSians and the buried life......killer line-up Confusedarcasm:

Might as well invite the Gay-Mon guys on for the 3rd hour and go for complete failure.
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:Thanks for the weather updates everyone, is this DBN or the Weather Channel? :poke:

Somebody pissed in your middle American corn flakes?

Don't be silly. Kelloggs doesn't ship to middle America.

I'm pretty sure Kelloggs is based out of Michigan.

A. Middle Canada.
HEY! oh shit, you're probably right, except my area provides a lot of oil and gas products to north america
michaelangelo Wrote:HEY! oh shit, you're probably right, except my area provides a lot of oil and gas products to north america

So does the Middle East..
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:Thanks for the weather updates everyone, is this DBN or the Weather Channel? :poke:

Somebody pissed in your middle American corn flakes?

Don't be silly. Kelloggs doesn't ship to middle America.

I'm pretty sure Kelloggs is based out of Michigan.

A. Middle Canada.

Kelloggs is over in Kalamazoo :duh:
Covino must have tripped the GFI breaker in his bathroom/studio.
Brian in NY Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Yay the Kardashians! Confusedarcasm: :killme:

Perfect time to bring up the "is she hot" debate again.
Confusedarcasm:
Or we could talk about hockey. Either way........... :killme:

The Red Wings won last night 4 to 2. :happy: :happy:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Yay the Kardashians! Confusedarcasm: :killme:

Perfect time to bring up the "is she hot" debate again.
Confusedarcasm:
Or we could talk about hockey. Either way........... :killme:

The Red Wings won last night 4 to 2. :happy: :happy:

Still not as good as the Flyers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29