Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Thursday 1-21-10 Fist Pump Thursday. Jersey Shore Finale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Iva13 Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Iva13 Wrote:I was just pointing out a fact...PETE IS WRONG. I could care less what's in or not, I wear what I like and what looks good on me. But I know from my magazines what they are saying is "IN"....and I read, plaid and florals...I'm just sayin.....
So we should be wearing florals? I'm confused.

But I don't like florals!

Me either....I actually don't like plaids on me either...just sayin....

It seems like I find myself buying solids more than anything... It's hard to find any pattern that doesn't nauseate me.
Iva13 Wrote:Penne ala Vodka.....yum

Agree. Once again Rich sounds like a total buffoon. Everyone outside of NY and the northeast are backwards hicks. God I'm getting sick of this shtick.
Pokes28 Wrote:
Derick The Solution Wrote:weightloss is simple.

intake calories<expended calories = loss
intake calories>expended calories = gain

If that were only true over the long haul. It is definitely true for the short duration, but it is much more complex an issue which is why most all dieters have the yo-yo thing going on.

People that eat too few calories will actually have their bodies consume muscle and leave their fat alone. You see this big time on real fat people who have 40% fat. They'll go on a diet and eat 1000 calories in a day and not really work out, etc. They can drop 20 pounds in a hurry however they lose almost no body fat %. So the moment they start to eat again, they actually get fatter.

Eating more small meals (same calories) means that your digestive system is running for more hours a day which burns more calories just being. If you don't eat enough calories, your body goes into the starvation mode that I mentioned above.

And working out helps to burn more calories (which means you have to eat more to prevent going into starvation mode) and grows muscle which burns more calories.
if your body is consumin muscle before consuming fat, there is a larger problem. Our bodies use glucose for energy, anytime there is excess glucose it is converted into glycogen (and other products), glycogen is a major compnent in fatty acids (fat), when the body is low on energy and all of the glucose has been used, the glycogen undergoes catabolism and converts back to glucose, once that has been expended, the body then converts carbohydrated into glucose, then uses amino acids to metabolize glucose, and finally when all of that has been expended, muscle will then be used. So if the body is consuming muscle before fat, there are much larger problems
All this scientific talk about fatty acids calloborating with neurons, then metabolizing, is making me hungry.
LeNeve Wrote:All this scientific talk about fatty acids calloborating with neurons, then metabolizing, is making me hungry.

I have a lunch meeting with the International rep at noon.
JDubb Wrote:Agree. Once again Rich sounds like a total buffoon. Everyone outside of NY and the northeast are backwards hicks. God I'm getting sick of this shtick.

It is funny because he "loves" the people of Texas.
Nussie_T Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:All this scientific talk about fatty acids calloborating with neurons, then metabolizing, is making me hungry.

It would be cool if this meeting were held at the International House of Pancakes aka IHOP. Does Canada have IHOPs?
Pokes28 Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:Agree. Once again Rich sounds like a total buffoon. Everyone outside of NY and the northeast are backwards hicks. God I'm getting sick of this shtick.

Oh one more thing, pronounce the God Damn "A" at the end of Mozzarella.
Pokes28 Wrote:

He loves them in a very condencending way. Kind of like wanting to donate for AIDS research, but not really wanting to touch someone with AIDS.
I'm so fucking glad JS is over tonight.

But we did watch Buried Life last night. That is a quality show which is surprising because it is on MTV.
LeNeve Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:

It would be cool if this meeting were held at the International House of Pancakes aka IHOP. Does Canada have IHOPs?

Yes. We have one about twenty minutes from where I work. I've only ever been there once though and that was when I was in college.
Nussie_T Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:It would be cool if this meeting were held at the International House of Pancakes aka IHOP. Does Canada have IHOPs?

Yes. We have one about twenty minutes from where I work. I've only ever been there once though and that was when I was in college.

I must apologize Winnipeg does not have an IHOP but a Original Pancake House. I think Toronto has an IHOP though
Scott Brown is the current savior of the American way of life.
Zach Brown Band is great. They are phenomenal live.
Pokes, you being a country music fan, does it irritate you when people like Rich invade upon it like he does.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22