Dudebro Nation

Full Version: 7-26-11 Tooosday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:I love Mopar, but unfortunately you are right all their vehicles out right now are hideous. I HATE hatchbacks and the last time Jim tried to get me to buy a van I sat in the drivers seat balling my eyes out because I didn't want to a soccer mom.

I grew up helping my uncle rebuild the mopars he owns and my dream car has always been a 71 Cuda. Dodge, Chystler and Plymouth fucked up in the 80s and made shit cars. That continued for another decade and then we lost Plymouth.
I think Crystlers are nice, but they just aren't appealing to me. I'd love to own a Dodge Charger, but I can get a Mustang with the same performance for like 15K less. Their trucks are nice, but for the money I'd feel better in a Ford.

Yeah, but I think the Charger looks better, and isn't the Mustang is still a the "chick car"? And I bet 15k is an exaggeration.
And with trucks, I think they're all close enough that it just comes down to personal preference.
I don't know how a mustang is a chick car. maybe the v6 convertible.

the dodges are all low quality pieces of shit. they feel 10 years old after a couple of years. Plus that company has never been handled correctly (outside of Iacoca)
Brian Wrote:
Texas Fan Wrote:
Brian Wrote:
Texas Fan Wrote:Back when I bought my ram in 2008 ford was having their shitty engine problems and got around 10 miles per gallon, which is why I went with dodge. That and the Mega Cab is awesome. Only problem I have had so far is a caliper sticking that got replaced twice.
So you thought Dodge was the obvious choice?.........I have an '05 Ram and get about 13 MPG. Not much better.

I get around 16 and ^
Hemi?

No its the 6.7l Cummins Diesel. Its a 3/4 ton.
Texas Fan Wrote:
Brian Wrote:
Texas Fan Wrote:I get around 16 and ^
Hemi?

No its the 6.7l Cummins Diesel. Its a 3/4 ton.
That explains the better mileage. At some point I'll upgrade, but right now I don't drive my truck enough to justify it.
Brampton Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:I love Mopar, but unfortunately you are right all their vehicles out right now are hideous. I HATE hatchbacks and the last time Jim tried to get me to buy a van I sat in the drivers seat balling my eyes out because I didn't want to a soccer mom.

I grew up helping my uncle rebuild the mopars he owns and my dream car has always been a 71 Cuda. Dodge, Chystler and Plymouth fucked up in the 80s and made shit cars. That continued for another decade and then we lost Plymouth.
I think Crystlers are nice, but they just aren't appealing to me. I'd love to own a Dodge Charger, but I can get a Mustang with the same performance for like 15K less. Their trucks are nice, but for the money I'd feel better in a Ford.

Yeah, but I think the Charger looks better, and isn't the Mustang is still a the "chick car"? And I bet 15k is an exaggeration.
And with trucks, I think they're all close enough that it just comes down to personal preference.

the dodges are all low quality pieces of shit. they feel 10 years old after a couple of years. Plus that company has never been handled correctly (outside of Iacoca)

There was a study a few years back that over 60% of Mustang owners were girls.
So, you can go buy a bad ass Mustang, but it still is going to look like a chick car.
And from my experience, you're way off. My 98 Dodge ran and looked like new in 2006 with 230,000 miles on it. A water pump, starter and heater is all I had to replace.
Maybe the ones you were in were just treated like shit. that'll kill any car.
Chip Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:I grew up helping my uncle rebuild the mopars he owns and my dream car has always been a 71 Cuda. Dodge, Chystler and Plymouth fucked up in the 80s and made shit cars. That continued for another decade and then we lost Plymouth.

There was a study a few years back that over 60% of Mustang owners were girls.
So, you can go buy a bad ass Mustang, but it still is going to look like a chick car.
And from my experience, you're way off. My 98 Dodge ran and looked like new in 2006 with 230,000 miles on it. A water pump, starter and heater is all I had to replace.
of that "60%" you talk about, I'd be willing to money on the fact that those were upwards of 95% v6's.
Chip Wrote:Yeah, but I think the Charger looks better, and isn't the Mustang is still a the "chick car"? And I bet 15k is an exaggeration.

It's about a 10K difference between the V8 Mustang and a good V8 Challenger. Most girls that drive Mustangs buy the V6 not the GT.

I do like the new Charger look. The first attempt at bringing back the Charger was weak, but they are finally getting there. It still shouldn't be a 4 door though.
Not a chick car, it may belong to a terrorist in dubai though :?
[Image: 453776-2011_ford_mustang_cobra_super_snake_nbsp.jpg]
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://jalopnik.com/5824763/ten-cars-asshats-love-to-drive/gallery/1">http://jalopnik.com/5824763/ten-cars-as ... /gallery/1</a><!-- m -->

nail.....head!!!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
LeNeve Wrote:Not a chick car, it may belong to a terrorist in dubai though :?
I can accept that :high5:
fucking love billy talent, except they're a band not a guy
michaelangelo Wrote:fucking love billy talent, except they're a band not a guy
:zipit: .....cause I hate everything :roll:
Chip Wrote:There was a study a few years back that over 60% of Mustang owners were girls.

My father has an 03 RAM and I love that truck, but it has had some problems with the engine and transmission before it had a decent amoutn of miles on it. To me that's not as troubling as the 2 friends I have that both had to have the transmissions rebuilt in the first 2 years of owning them. That's a big problem. As a result they both drive F150s now.
michaelangelo Wrote:fucking love billy talent, except they're a band not a guy

Riding that Pete train of bad taste eh?
Brampton Wrote:of that "60%" you talk about, I'd be willing to money on the fact that those were upwards of 95% v6's.

Well, yeah, of course.
But it's kind of the same thinking as, people don't want to pay over 50k for a car that looks like it's base version that costs 20k.
LeNeve Wrote:Not a chick car, it may belong to a terrorist in dubai though :?

I'd hang out with Rajid if he let me drive it while he was out doing Jihad stuff.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16