Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Monday February 8, 2010 - The Ain'ts won the Super Bowl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Sorry, work demands attention

Fine. Rub it in.

Hey, if you want a gig, the pickle place is hiring maintenance guys. They have 2 positions available. You gotta drive to Sag-nasty, though.

Don't worry, Granholm is going help us all out.... Confusedarcasm:
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Because I have 900 minutes, but I also use that "Friends and family" thing, so the people I talk to most are on that list, who I can to talk to unlimited. And I hardly use any of my 900 minutes. But If I drop down to 450 and lose the friends and family, I'd end up using 600 minutes.
So, long story short, I currently have a lot of minutes I'm not using.

Friends and family was one of the greatest things they ever gave us!!! My mom loves to talk and can easily hit 2,000+ minutes a month. She would kill my plan if it weren't for friends and family! I was going to drop down a plan to save money, but I don't think it's a good idea.

I would love it if they offered that on a lower plan.
Even 3 numbers instead of 5, I think I'd still be great with that.

I have the 10 slots to fill and I only have 9 filled. Most of my connections are already with Verizon. But he had Nextel, so I had to put his people on there and Mom has all her friends home phones that she calls.

I'm pretty sure I'd be good with 1 slot, and 450 minutes.
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

Fine. Rub it in.

Hey, if you want a gig, the pickle place is hiring maintenance guys. They have 2 positions available. You gotta drive to Sag-nasty, though.

Yeah, I live south of Detroit. A 2 hour drive might be a bit too much.
Move it a little closer, and sure.
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

Fine. Rub it in.

Yeah, I live south of Detroit. A 2 hour drive might be a bit too much.
Move it a little closer, and sure.

What kind of work you lookin for?
beckster Wrote:What kind of work you lookin for?

CAD
I've been in the structural field for about 10 years now.
But I'm taking a class in CATIA, thinking about maybe trying to get into the automotive side. That seems to have bottomed out and it can only get better now, right?
Chip Wrote:

CAD
But I'm taking a class in CATIA, thinking about maybe trying to get into the automotive side. That seems to have bottomed out and it can only get better now, right?

It should start picking up soon. Toyota's crap will help the domestic guys out.
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

CAD

It should start picking up soon. Toyota's crap will help the domestic guys out.

I've hard GM will be hiring a whole bunch here soon.
And how about Toyota being investigated for "what they knew, and when they knew it" about the Prius brakes. Which they're not recalling 300,000 of.
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:It should start picking up soon. Toyota's crap will help the domestic guys out.

And how about Toyota being investigated for "what they knew, and when they knew it" about the Prius brakes. Which they're not recalling 300,000 of.

They did really over-looked quality to save some bucks. I bet there is a ton of stuff we don't know about. I read this morning that a lot of it has to do with some political figures and the perks they have gotten.
Nussie_T Wrote:
Derick Wrote:its almost 2 and I havent eaten yet, i'm freakin hungry

Really usually by now you've downed like 4 burgers, drooled over Nadine... ate french fries and downed a pack of Starbursts.
i know, and it sucks, i finally ate some hot dogs, still have time to check out nadine, need to find starbursts
Derick Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:

Really usually by now you've downed like 4 burgers, drooled over Nadine... ate french fries and downed a pack of Starbursts.
i know, and it sucks, i finally ate some hot dogs, still have time to check out nadine, need to find starbursts

One day in the future I should send you a box of Nesquik cereal... and no I am not like Pete and I won't overhype and underproduce.
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:It should start picking up soon. Toyota's crap will help the domestic guys out.

They did really over-looked quality to save some bucks. I bet there is a ton of stuff we don't know about. I read this morning that a lot of it has to do with some political figures and the perks they have gotten.

I was reading the timeline of that, and yeah, there was really something going on with them.
Good, I'm sick of hearing people bashing the domestic companies.
Let's let Toyota suck for a while.
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

I was reading the timeline of that, and yeah, there was really something going on with them.
Good, I'm sick of hearing people bashing the domestic companies.
Let's let Toyota suck for a while.

Yeah, I know. Too many people I know have worked for the original Big 3. And watching Flint, Saginaw and Detroit fall apart has been crazy. I have an empty GM plant right across the river and the houses around it are people living in poverty, because the jobs left and nothing new comes in.
Nussie_T Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:

One day in the future I should send you a box of Nesquik cereal... and no I am not like Pete and I won't overhype and underproduce.
you might want to send 2
beckster Wrote:Yeah, I know. Too many people I know have worked for the original Big 3. And watching Flint, Saginaw and Detroit fall apart has been crazy. I have an empty GM plant right across the river and the houses around it are people living in poverty, because the jobs left and nothing new comes in.

But it's ok, because buying an import is the trendy thing to do.
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Yeah, I know. Too many people I know have worked for the original Big 3. And watching Flint, Saginaw and Detroit fall apart has been crazy. I have an empty GM plant right across the river and the houses around it are people living in poverty, because the jobs left and nothing new comes in.

But it's ok, because buying an import is the trendy thing to do.

Then we wonder why the economy fell apart and why Michigan has been in a recession for the past 10 years. Not to say that these guys are without fault. Unions got greedy and fucked things and over nobody really stood up to them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25