Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Monday February 8, 2010 - The Ain'ts won the Super Bowl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
beckster Wrote:
Iva13 Wrote:In simple quick facts, what's the difference b/t a smart phone and the other one???

Basically with smart phones, you have more accessibility to different apps and direct access to you email and such

Jeesh, show ends and everyone takes off.

Think I'd get banned if I said I'm listening to Ellis now?
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Iva13 Wrote:In simple quick facts, what's the difference b/t a smart phone and the other one???

Basically with smart phones, you have more accessibility to different apps and direct access to you email and such

:ban: and no I am not joking.,... ;-)
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I'm on verizon. I pay 5.99 for unlimited internet/data. However, when I am on the internet it uses my minutes up. as if I were talking.

Really? Is that an older plan that you were grandfathered into?
I have Verizon too and I didn't know that was an option. I'd love that.

It might not be an option anymore. It also depends on which plan you have.

This plan was from before alltel verizon thing. I was on alltel. 59.99 for 900 anytime, unlimited nights and weekends. 5.99 for internet data and access. 7.99 for unlimited text and picture text. total bill is usually 90 bucks, because I usually download a couple apps every month.
Iva13 Wrote:My husband has the Iphone and I just can't see paying $60.00/month for both of us to have "whatever" on our phones....that's f'ed up.....I won't do it....unless I absolutely have to.

You could justify it more, if it were something that would help you at work (tax write-off...).

But if you don't think you need all the extras, then go with something more basic.
beckster Wrote:
Derick Wrote:and i still need to go over to the clinic to deal with other issues grrr.....

Confusedhock: tmi? :? Just put some anti-itch ointment on it.

:eek: Roid Rage?
JDubb Wrote:
beckster Wrote:I need to pop out a kid to improve my refund!!

Unemployment helps getting a big refund; not a avenue I would recommend though.

I am hoping to avoid that.. *fingers crossed *
Chip Wrote:You know, I have Verizon too. And I was looking online at that Droid. Just looking at it, I can upgrade in about a week. And it said it was compatible with my current plan, but I don't have that $30 data plan. I wounder if it would just add that on to my bill if I were to buy it.

They will tack it on to your plan and you won't even know til you get the bill, unless you ask them about it upfront. I guess you can go without, but then most of the features on the phone would be worthless.
beckster Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
beckster Wrote:I need to pop out a kid to improve my refund!!

Unemployment helps getting a big refund; not a avenue I would recommend though.

I am hoping to avoid that.. *fingers crossed *

I've been on that boat for about 3 or 4 months. And no, it's not healthy for the wallet.
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:You know, I have Verizon too. And I was looking online at that Droid. Just looking at it, I can upgrade in about a week. And it said it was compatible with my current plan, but I don't have that $30 data plan. I wounder if it would just add that on to my bill if I were to buy it.

They will tack it on to your plan and you won't even know til you get the bill, unless you ask them about it upfront. I guess you can go without, but then most of the features on the phone would be worthless.

I know, that's what I'm debating.
I might just wait until I get back to work.
Chip Wrote:Because I have 900 minutes, but I also use that "Friends and family" thing, so the people I talk to most are on that list, who I can to talk to unlimited. And I hardly use any of my 900 minutes. But If I drop down to 450 and lose the friends and family, I'd end up using 600 minutes.
So, long story short, I currently have a lot of minutes I'm not using.

Friends and family was one of the greatest things they ever gave us!!! My mom loves to talk and can easily hit 2,000+ minutes a month. She would kill my plan if it weren't for friends and family! I was going to drop down a plan to save money, but I don't think it's a good idea.
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

Sorry, work demands attention
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Because I have 900 minutes, but I also use that "Friends and family" thing, so the people I talk to most are on that list, who I can to talk to unlimited. And I hardly use any of my 900 minutes. But If I drop down to 450 and lose the friends and family, I'd end up using 600 minutes.

Friends and family was one of the greatest things they ever gave us!!! My mom loves to talk and can easily hit 2,000+ minutes a month. She would kill my plan if it weren't for friends and family! I was going to drop down a plan to save money, but I don't think it's a good idea.

I would love it if they offered that on a lower plan.
Even 3 numbers instead of 5, I think I'd still be great with that.
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

Sorry, work demands attention

Fine. Rub it in.
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

I know, that's what I'm debating.
I might just wait until I get back to work.

Not a bad idea. Like I said, then your phone becomes a tax deduction, because you could put your work email on it. (Or at least claim that) ;-)
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:

I would love it if they offered that on a lower plan.
Even 3 numbers instead of 5, I think I'd still be great with that.

I have the 10 slots to fill and I only have 9 filled. Most of my connections are already with Verizon. But he had Nextel, so I had to put his people on there and Mom has all her friends home phones that she calls.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25