Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Wednesday 12/1/2010 - Like Kansas up in here!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Brian in NY Wrote:I had a 76 dodge power wagon that was full time four wheel drive. It could be locked in or out and had four low.

This blazer he just showed me didn't have lock in, lock out hubs. They are locked in always I guess.
Rihanna got hosed......by JayZ

Katie Perry should be #1 on that list
Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:Transfer cases: 72 blazer

Dana 20 - gear driven full-time four-wheel drive
NP-205 - gear driven full-time four-wheel drive
hmm......were there any other vehicles that they had that setup in?

I have no idea. My entire family has mostly owned Fords since the 30s.
LeNeve Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:I had a 76 dodge power wagon that was full time four wheel drive. It could be locked in or out and had four low.

This blazer he just showed me didn't have lock in, lock out hubs. They are locked in always I guess.
like an F350?
The hubs on the dodge were auto-locking. You had to pull the lever in the cab to lock in the front axle otherwise the front tires did nothing until the rear tires slipped.
Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

like an F350?

I've never seen that on an f350. i'm confused now.
LeNeve Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

like an F350?

I've never seen that on an f350. i'm confused now.
F350's have the manually locking hubs......you know that
oh okay. I know what you mean now Brampton. duh.

I think this blazer is always sending power everywhere, like an all wheel drive car. No auto hub lock, just locked all the time.
LeNeve Wrote:oh okay. I know what you mean now Brampton. duh.

I think this blazer is always sending power everywhere, like an all wheel drive car. No auto hub lock, just locked all the time.
ok
you find the problem with that fusion earlier?
Brian in NY Wrote:The hubs on the dodge were auto-locking. You had to pull the lever in the cab to lock in the front axle otherwise the front tires did nothing until the rear tires slipped.

That sounds like mid 90s f-150s, and expeditions. kind of. you pulled the lever,and a fork engaged the front axle in the differential case.
Brampton Wrote:you find the problem with that fusion earlier?

nope. Not at all. Not even the Ford hotline knows, or any off the message board guys. Did Canada have a separate message board? I never see Canada dealers on there.

If I can't duplicate the problem, then I can't fix it at all. This kind of stuff bugs me alot, because the customer thinks I'm a shitty mechanic, you know, but there is nothing I can do really.
I have been getting old peopel ads on here lately. They must have noticed Joe's birthday. Joe has osteoperosis.
LeNeve Wrote:

nope. Not at all. Not even the Ford hotline knows, or any off the message board guys. Did Canada have a separate message board? I never see Canada dealers on there.

If I can't duplicate the problem, then I can't fix it at all. This kind of stuff bugs me alot, because the customer thinks I'm a shitty mechanic, you know, but there is nothing I can do really.
Canada has a completely different message board than the US
Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

Canada has a completely different message board than the US

it would be dope if everyone had access to each one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26