Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Wednesday 11-3-10 - Ch Ch Ch Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
I left work to vote yesterday. Then I went home, ate a snack cake. Watched some tv. Got bored, then came back to work.
LeNeve Wrote:I left work to vote yesterday. Then I went home, ate a snack cake. Watched some tv. Got bored, then came back to work.

I forgot to actually vote though.
LeNeve Wrote:I left work to vote yesterday. Then I went home, ate a snack cake. Watched some tv. Got bored, then came back to work.

Slacking on company time 5 :high5:
LeNeve Wrote:

I forgot to actually vote though.

:roflmao:
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I want to go to Wichita for some reason.

Are you gonna fight 'em all?

What dat mean?

Everytime I hear "Wichita" I think of 7 Nations Army by the White Stripes.

Haha. I do too. Big Grin
DaveP Wrote:

I get a full days pay to go and vote. Government work five :high5:
Brian in NY Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:

That's bullshit.
DaveP Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:

That's bullshit.
At least I didn't forget to vote.
Did Covino really say he doesn't vote because of parking?
You vote once every two years! Wow, what a hassle; I am way too busy for that!!!
Brian in NY Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:That's the problem, you have no place to even discuss politics if you don't vote! Either be a part of the problem or the solution by casting your vote. The excuse of not knowing the candidates is bunk! It's your responsibility to know. Our country is led by the small handful of Americans that vote. Even listening to someone talk politics, who didn't vote, carries no merit!!!

They need to make better hours for voting. I work all day and it's not like it's a short run down the road. I live in a different county from where I work and I am not wasting a vacation day just to vote. I felt very ill-informed this year, since i haven't been watching any tv. It would have been more dumb of me to walk in there and eenie meenie minie mo my way through a ballot.
Your company is required, by law, to allow you to vote...lame excuse!!!
:high5:

I work 45 minutes from where I vote.
I work 10 hours, plus 1.5 hours for driving, another .5 hours for lunch.
And I bowl on Tuesdays.
If I take time off work, I don't get paid. And picking wich asshole is going to rip me off isn't going to stop me from bowling.
JDubb Wrote:Did Covino really say he doesn't vote because of parking?
And he wants to be able to vote from his cell phone.
Brian in NY Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:Did Covino really say he doesn't vote because of parking?
And he wants to be able to vote from his cell phone.

:roflmao: I love that guy. :roflmao:
eddieyourdj Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
eddieyourdj Wrote:That's the problem, you have no place to even discuss politics if you don't vote! Either be a part of the problem or the solution by casting your vote. The excuse of not knowing the candidates is bunk! It's your responsibility to know. Our country is led by the small handful of Americans that vote. Even listening to someone talk politics, who didn't vote, carries no merit!!!

They need to make better hours for voting. I work all day and it's not like it's a short run down the road. I live in a different county from where I work and I am not wasting a vacation day just to vote. I felt very ill-informed this year, since i haven't been watching any tv. It would have been more dumb of me to walk in there and eenie meenie minie mo my way through a ballot.
Your company is required, by law, to allow you to vote...lame excuse!!!

Just because they are required to do it, doesn't mean they do. I am technically not allowed to leave my desk for lunch on the chance of missing a phone call. Yes, I have been yelled at for that. This company isn't keen on allowing such perks.
i live in the county of Grande Prairie and we had municipal elections a couple of weeks ago, I can't vote in town because I don't live in town and there was only one person running in my ward, so I didn't get to vote. I think we should be able to say no if we don't want that person to be elected but I don't think it would matter. the voter turnout in Grande Prairie for the municipal elections was 24%. pathetic
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31