Dudebro Nation

Full Version: 9-9-10 Thursday...I'm very tired today.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:Leneve, do you work on Ford Escape Hybrids much? The one a drive at work has the check engine light flashing and is misfiring. It won't go over 50 mph either. Any ideas?
Its possible its having a trans issue......10b15 might cover it.
Is there a way to turn the key to find out the error code?

I bought one of those code readers. Fuck the dealer. Those motherfuckers charge you at least $80 just to read the code, fucking rip off.

only 72 dollars here, for 10 minutes worth of work. CHA - CHING!!!!!!!
Pete Nice Wrote:I bought one of those code readers. Fuck the dealer. Those motherfuckers charge you at least $80 just to read the code, fucking rip off.
Doesn't matter to me, I'm not paying for it.
Brian in NY Wrote:The vehicles are supplied by a contractor and getting shit fixed is a pain in the ass so I'm waiting to hear back from our vehicle coordinator.
Now that stuff sucks.....I hate having to deal with the fleet companies :killme:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:Leneve, do you work on Ford Escape Hybrids much? The one a drive at work has the check engine light flashing and is misfiring. It won't go over 50 mph either. Any ideas?

I bought one of those code readers. Fuck the dealer. Those motherfuckers charge you at least $80 just to read the code, fucking rip off.

It's funny, I would use my code reader and see what the problem was on my saturn or my wife's car and if I could fix it, I would, otherwise I would take it to the dealer and TELL them what the problem was. They would always say "how do you know that?" and I would tell them to just fix it and not to charge me the $80+ for the diagnostic check. Fucking cocksuckers.
Brampton Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:The vehicles are supplied by a contractor and getting shit fixed is a pain in the ass so I'm waiting to hear back from our vehicle coordinator.
Now that stuff sucks.....I hate having to deal with the fleet companies :killme:

fleet companies can suck my nuts.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:Its possible its having a trans issue......10b15 might cover it.

It's funny, I would use my code reader and see what the problem was on my saturn or my wife's car and if I could fix it, I would, otherwise I would take it to the dealer and TELL them what the problem was. They would always say "how do you know that?" and I would tell them to just fix it and not to charge me the $80+ for the diagnostic check. Fucking cocksuckers.
your my favorite customer.....especially when the code doesn't give you the fix, and your still stuck :high5:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:Its possible its having a trans issue......10b15 might cover it.

whaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Guess what, EVERY time my code reader was right. SUCK IT!!!
Pete Nice Wrote:It's funny, I would use my code reader and see what the problem was on my saturn or my wife's car and if I could fix it, I would, otherwise I would take it to the dealer and TELL them what the problem was. They would always say "how do you know that?" and I would tell them to just fix it and not to charge me the $80+ for the diagnostic check. Fucking cocksuckers.
On my Dodge, turn the key from off to on 4 times and the code is displayed in the odometer.
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:Is there a way to turn the key to find out the error code?

your my favorite customer.....especially when the code doesn't give you the fix, and your still stuck :high5:

See above post.

As you can tell, I am not a fan of dealer overcharge. Brampton, you and LeNeve are my boys, but you have to admit, car repair is a fucking rip off.
Brian in NY Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:It's funny, I would use my code reader and see what the problem was on my saturn or my wife's car and if I could fix it, I would, otherwise I would take it to the dealer and TELL them what the problem was. They would always say "how do you know that?" and I would tell them to just fix it and not to charge me the $80+ for the diagnostic check. Fucking cocksuckers.
On my Dodge, turn the key from off to on 4 times and the code is displayed in the odometer.

You can buy one for $75 and website support and online reading info is free for life. I can find the website when I get home tonight.
The check engine light is on on my Hyundai too. It's just an emissions idiot light, a sensor or something. It's been on for 3 months, I need to get that fixed soon.
I disagree with you Pete. Auto repair is a skilled trade, it takes years to learn and master. And because most people are "too good" to get their hands dirty, so I think its fine

In any business there are charges.......How bout a lawyer who charges $70 for getting stationary, thats ridiculous
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

Go to an auto parts store like autozone and they read the codes for free.
so i needed something fixed on my old truck. Since it was new, I unplugged the left cam sensor so the truck would throw a code and they would fix what was wrong. I took it to the dealer they told me it was the alternator. I told them not to replace the alternator, but they ended up fixing the real "problem"
hey Beckster.....I've proposed a trade in the Football league.....just so you know
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28