Dudebro Nation

Full Version: 1/26 Its a tuuuuueesday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
I went to bed at 9:30 last night, i dont understand why i was so tired
I just read a story about hatians comming to chicago. why in the fuck are we sending millions of dollars to hatai, if they are send the refugees to the US. Fuck this BS, we have a country that can barely support itself right now
Happy Birthday to the one and only....

[Image: 7M2E7734.jpg]

[Image: l_df8ff93288481fc169b1fafc8ba794e8.jpg]
Thats Layla Kayleigh for those who dont know
So my dumb ass roommate flew to atlanta this morning so her dad could show her how to use her camera. OMFG! This is the same girl that couldnt afford to pay the gas bill last month.
AirHej Wrote:Happy Birthday to the one and only....

Happy birthday to Layla!!!

You could have posted a better pic AirHej. She looks surprised in that one.
I am absolutely fucking furious today.

Duquesne University is discontinuing it's baseball program. Also men's golf, men's swimming and wrestling. They say it will save them 1 mill a year.

I spent 5 years on that baseball team and it was some of the best times of my life.

Here are my issues:

1. There are currently 1 major leaguer and many minor leaguers from Duquesne. There is a rich baseball tradition. Why shut THAT team down, the only other sports to produce professional athletes are football, basketball and womens basketball. The only other sport to produce more professional athletes is men's basketball.

2. There are really 5 major sports in America. Football, Baseball, basketball, hockey and soccer. Duquesne now will only have 4 and hockey is a club sport, so really only 3.

3. They only eliminated men's sports.

4. They just built a state of the art baseball facility 10 years ago and just updated it last year. Now what the hell are they going to do with it? The fact that it is one mile from campus and also one mile from my house sucks.

I am pissed.

Same old Duquesne, as the saying goes amongst alumni, management and administration fuck everything up.

I am going to have to take valuable time to write letters and send emails. Looks like the AD and I are going to have ANOTHER talk next basketball game. My friends and I are some of the most active, well known and notorious alumni, we may need to raise quiet a stink.

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :riot: :riot: :riot: :riot: :rant: :rant: :rant: :Flaming: :Flaming: :Flaming: :Flaming:
Good morning everyone and a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to LAYLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :rock:
Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:
AirHej Wrote:Happy Birthday to the one and only....

Happy birthday to Layla!!!

You could have posted a better pic AirHej. She looks surprised in that one.

True, then feel free to post some more Pete!

Also, I agree with you about Duquesne. That's absolute bullshit about them dropping baseball and those other sports.
Morning everyone!!! Back to work today... Boo!!! Happy Birthday Layla!!!!
Derick The Solution Wrote:I went to bed at 9:30 last night, i dont understand why i was so tired

I also went to bed last night around 9:30 and didn't want to get out of bed. I did have a fucked up dream that woke me up and when I fell back asleep it just continued on.
They recently eliminated football at my alma mater. I don't think this is that uncommon right now. Basically, if the sport is costing the school more money than it's bringing in... it's gone. It doesn't seem to matter how many professional athletes are produced at the school... I went to Hofstra so they recently produced Colston, Willie Colon and others. It's all about the cash money.

Pete Nice aka P-Woww Wrote:I am absolutely fucking furious today.

Duquesne University is discontinuing it's baseball program. Also men's golf, men's swimming and wrestling. They say it will save them 1 mill a year.

I spent 5 years on that baseball team and it was some of the best times of my life.

Here are my issues:

1. There are currently 1 major leaguer and many minor leaguers from Duquesne. There is a rich baseball tradition. Why shut THAT team down, the only other sports to produce professional athletes are football, basketball and womens basketball. The only other sport to produce more professional athletes is men's basketball.

2. There are really 5 major sports in America. Football, Baseball, basketball, hockey and soccer. Duquesne now will only have 4 and hockey is a club sport, so really only 3.

3. They only eliminated men's sports.

4. They just built a state of the art baseball facility 10 years ago and just updated it last year. Now what the hell are they going to do with it? The fact that it is one mile from campus and also one mile from my house sucks.

I am pissed.

Same old Duquesne, as the saying goes amongst alumni, management and administration fuck everything up.

I am going to have to take valuable time to write letters and send emails. Looks like the AD and I are going to have ANOTHER talk next basketball game. My friends and I are some of the most active, well known and notorious alumni, we may need to raise quiet a stink.

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :riot: :riot: :riot: :riot: :rant: :rant: :rant: :Flaming: :Flaming: :Flaming: :Flaming:
Man Pete, that sucks. I understand the economic times, but if a school doesn't have sports programs it really loses a lot of appeal. There is a reason that when OSU does well in sports that enrollment goes up. Last time the school made a final four enrollment went up 15% which is HUGE. So even though only a small number play sports, it is a part of the culture for a lot more.

I'm just glad OSU has a sugar daddy like T. Boone Pickens.
edoblin Wrote:They recently eliminated football at my alma mater. I don't think this is that uncommon right now. Basically, if the sport is costing the school more money than it's bringing in... it's gone. It doesn't seem to matter how many professional athletes are produced at the school... I went to Hofstra so they recently produced Colston, Willie Colon and others. It's all about the cash money.

How could you forget to list Hofstra's most famous alum?

[Image: display_image.jpg]
edoblin Wrote:They recently eliminated football at my alma mater. I don't think this is that uncommon right now. Basically, if the sport is costing the school more money than it's bringing in... it's gone. It doesn't seem to matter how many professional athletes are produced at the school... I went to Hofstra so they recently produced Colston, Willie Colon and others. It's all about the cash money.

Baseball is far from the most costly sport though as they actually draw more fans thanalmost every sport except Football and Basketball. I think what happened at Hofstra is uncalled for. DAMN PROP 42!!!! DAMN TITLE IX
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23