Dudebro Nation

Full Version: 1/26 Its a tuuuuueesday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
beckster Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Derick The Solution Wrote:i was actually contemplating a bowling outing for the lab nerds here

I have to drive 60 miles to find a bowling alley.

Is there anything that is near you?

Most likely the mexican border...
Brian in NY Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Derick The Solution Wrote:do you like cheesecake?

Not particularly
I think there's something wrong with you.

Naw.... I don't know what you are talking about :mrgreen:
Nussie_T Wrote:Is stocks a big thing in the states??
not really, most people that can afford to own them do, but with the current state of the US economy, stocks are on sale right now, its a good time to buy. Thats why i upped my 401k contribution to 12.5%
I do my own taxes. Everyone should be able to do them at least once.
I'll do C&R's taxes!
Brian in NY Wrote:I do my own taxes. Everyone should be able to do them at least once.
its not that hard, go buy turbo tax for $25, then just fill in the blanks

It depends, I have worked with some people that do nothing but track their stocks and are always looking for the next tip. They would have a weekly stock tip they would email out to the entire company.
I do my own taxes, I know all the tips and tricks. The benefits of the IRS training me for 6 months to work for 8 months and then lay me off due to budget cuts. I got GREAT tax training out of that.

There is no accountant out there that can legally get me more tax money back than I can get myself.
Brian in NY Wrote:How awesome would it be if our military could cause earthquakes wherever they wanted? That's a hell of a weapon to have.

Wasn't there a movie about that?
Derick The Solution Wrote:
not really, most people that can afford to own them do, but with the current state of the US economy, stocks are on sale right now, its a good time to buy. Thats why i upped my 401k contribution to 12.5%

I worked for Walmart for a few months when I was in college, you are forced to buy stocks, that is the only stock I have... even though I don't work there anymore. I contribute to RRSP and Mutual Funds.
beckster Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:How awesome would it be if our military could cause earthquakes wherever they wanted? That's a hell of a weapon to have.

Wasn't there a movie about that?
yes, under seige 2
Brian in NY Wrote:I do my own taxes. Everyone should be able to do them at least once.
I fill out the forms and do the math by hand. It's still not that hard and I always get a refund.

Exactly, if you don't have some funky investments or other weirdness, taxes aren't that hard to do.
Brian in NY Wrote:
I fill out the forms and do the math by hand. It's still not that hard and I always get a refund.
this might be the first year i've gotten a refund in years

I usually do my own taxes. I might have someone do mine this year... I actually have stuff to claim for a change.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23