Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Monday April 19, 2010.......Red rocket, Red rocket..monday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46
Derick Wrote:? about torque wrenches. Which kind would you buy...

the really expensive digital one
the turn the handle clickly one
the kind with two bars?

The click type. Get a decently expensive one, so you can trust that it is calibrated right, and that it will stay calibrated. Also when you are done, always set it back to zero.

The digital ones are nice if you are building precision race engines all day.
LeNeve Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Derick Wrote:also decided that I need a decent torque wrench, actually 2 a ftlb and an inlb
I decided that a while ago too, but haven't done anything about it. One thing I do need is a new 1/2" drive pneumatic impact wrench.

I need a coolant system pressure tester, but they are like 300 bucks. The shop foreman lets me use his anyway.
You sir are overpaying
Pete Nice Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I was looking for a pair of pliers the other day, in an overhead cabinet. Shit started shifting. and falling out of the cabinet, and one of these items was a dildo, and it hit my face. I was all screaming and swatting at it like it was a killer bee. All this seemed to be in super slow motion too. It kind of sucked.

Moral of story, I too need a locking toolbox at my house.

Angie keeps her Dildos in your toolbox?

No, in the overhead cabinet apparently.
LeNeve Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I was looking for a pair of pliers the other day, in an overhead cabinet. Shit started shifting. and falling out of the cabinet, and one of these items was a dildo, and it hit my face. I was all screaming and swatting at it like it was a killer bee. All this seemed to be in super slow motion too. It kind of sucked.

Shouldn't they go in the night stand next to the bed?

the kind with two bars?
Depends on what you are doing.

If its at home for simple things, click type.

Digital you won't need, unless you are building engines, and the 2 bars are for people who are dumb. Seriously they are usless
Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:
Derick Wrote:also decided that I need a decent torque wrench, actually 2 a ftlb and an inlb
I decided that a while ago too, but haven't done anything about it. One thing I do need is a new 1/2" drive pneumatic impact wrench.

I need a coolant system pressure tester, but they are like 300 bucks. The shop foreman lets me use his anyway.
You sir are overpaying

I don't even know what one actually costs, I was kind of guessing. Seems like anything off the snap on truck that comes in a molded box costs 300 bucks.
LeNeve Wrote:

the kind with two bars?

The click type. Get a decently expensive one, so you can trust that it is calibrated right, and that it will stay calibrated. Also when you are done, always set it back to zero.

most of the tools I buy are craftsman. Now I realize that unless you buy tools out of a truck, your Lame , but I neither need them nor can afford them, plus I know where sears is, I dont know where the truck is

I would think that craftsman tools provide the tolerances that are sufficient for my purposes.

Most of my speciality bike tools are from Motion Pro
yarnasty Wrote:Um yes he is!
:roflmao: :roflmao:
Brian in NY Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

Shouldn't they go in the night stand next to the bed?

I don't know, I have never owned a dildo. Up high seems like a good idea though. I don't need the kids running around outside sword fighting with dildos.
Nussie_T Wrote:
yarnasty Wrote:fattmatt noooooo don't tell them that!!!

Oh I am just kiddddinnnggg!

you got a rectruiting 5 that is great

Random question of the day: Is FattMatt actually fat?

Not that there is anything wrong with that. We could all lose a few pounds.
Derick Wrote:Say HI sara

HI sara
LeNeve Wrote:I don't need the kids running around outside sword fighting with dildos.
That would make a hell of a youtube video though.
Derick Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

the kind with two bars?

most of the tools I buy are craftsman. Now I realize that unless you buy tools out of a truck, your Lame , but I neither need them nor can afford them, plus I know where sears is, I dont know where the truck is

I would think that craftsman tools provide the tolerances that are sufficient for my purposes.

Most of my speciality bike tools are from Motion Pro

I actually think craftsman stuff is perfect for home use.
LeNeve Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:[/quote][/quote]
You can get a decent kit for $150, with the necessary Ford adaptors. The kits with like 15 adapters usually go for $350-500
Brian in NY Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I don't need the kids running around outside sword fighting with dildos.
That would make a hell of a youtube video though.

I would probaly get arrested.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46