Dudebro Nation

Full Version: 6-11-12 Moonday Loco News!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:Horse racing is fun to watch if you have time invested into the horses and back stories stuff. Just like watching NASCAR, its alot better if you have been following the stories, and have a favorite driver.
:roll: :crank: :roll:
:finger:
Nascar is dull. A single horse race is only about 2 minutes, there's no time to get bored.

This is why I like watching the triple crown races. 2 minutes and done. If NASCAR last two minutes, I might actually watch it.
LeNeve Wrote:do they know you have a baby in you? That could be a huge factor in deciding to keep you around or not. Guy boss might let you go, because he doesn't want the hassle of a pregnant broad hanging out taking up alot of office space, and eating all the pigs feet. Girl boss might keep you just because she is sympathetic to your situation. so its good you have a girl boss.

I haven't exactly said anything about it yet to them.... The good news is that these are family peeps, so they shouldn't be too upset, plus I am due during what would be their slow time in the winter.

One of the first things they told me when I started was that they would work with me around family stuff, because they like to put family first. Scariest thing I've ever heard, since I've never worked for a business who said such things.
Chip Wrote:
jkeefer Wrote:I can take 4 hours of my day and watch nascar any day. But not a min of horse racing

4 hours of NASCAR includes a 3 and a half hour race.
4 hours of horse racing includes 2 minutes of race.

You turn on the horse race 5 minutes before the gate, watch, turn it off. Simple.
I wouldn't work for a place that didn't put family first.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
jkeefer Wrote:I can take 4 hours of my day and watch nascar any day. But not a min of horse racing

You turn on the horse race 5 minutes before the gate, watch, turn it off. Simple.

Still.
I'll pass.
LeNeve Wrote:I wouldn't work for a place that didn't put family first.

95% of American businesses do not give a fuck about your family or putting family first.

I know mine doesn't, and no company I ever worked for did.

Maybe that is just the northeast attitude.
I saw Prometheus this weekend... :killme:
Pete Nice Wrote:

95% of American businesses do not give a fuck about your family or putting family first.

Although my company is out of Louisiana, so they are southern.
Chip Wrote:

4 hours of watching cars go around an oval :killme: .... Why does it have to drag on for so damn long anyway?
Pete Nice Wrote:
beckster Wrote::finger:
Nascar is dull. A single horse race is only about 2 minutes, there's no time to get bored.

This is why I like watching the triple crown races. 2 minutes and done. If NASCAR last two minutes, I might actually watch it.

:high5:
Pete Nice Wrote:

Mine does and it is nice to be able to leave if needed, work from home because of a service repair and having the management understand...
Rich is in a hoe poking league.
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

4 hours of watching cars go around an oval :killme: .... Why does it have to drag on fro so damn long anyway?

You got me there.
NASCAR and basketball seem like things you only need to watch the final minute of.

My supervisor at the pickle plant drove me to the hospital when my grandma cardiac arrested. After the funeral, she wrote me up for it. She was a fucking bitch, though. I didn't ask her to drive me there, she insisted on it. She also called me in the office repeatedly to drill me about how I shouldn't take time off from work so much. I only had taken time off to say good bye to my grandma and to plan and attend her funeral.

So, for a place to have a whole different ideal behind family stuff is just mind-blowing.
Chip Wrote:I saw Prometheus this weekend... :killme:

Uhhh, not good?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20