Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Wednesday 4/27/11- Let's Party
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Texas Fan Wrote:
Brian Wrote:
Texas Fan Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:I hate people that have to back into parking spots. Are they really in that much of a hurry to leave? And does it really save that much time?

When I worked for Schlumberger they taught you and made you back into parking spots to avoid having to back out of them which has more room for an accident cause you cant see past the other cars when you pull in. Its easier for me to back into a spot then it is pulling in with my truck. Maybe cause I drove for SLB for 5 years, but idk.
I agree. This is why I do it as well.

It also depends on the parking spot, angled spots are easier to pull into, but straight on spots with cars on each side is easier to back into.
They piss me off when I am also trying to pull into a spot. I have almost been hit more by assholes backing into a spot than those that pull in forward.
Jdubb, does not rub a dub dub when it comes to backing in to a parking spot.
Pete Nice Wrote:I have a theory about pickups in an urban area, if you do not work in construction, you are an asshole. If the city in your address is Pittsburgh, you should not own a pickup unless you have to use it for work. I can never see me owning a pickup, even if I had fuck you money and moved a lot of big shit around, I would just rent one, b/c I would have fuck you money anyway.
:whomo:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:It was a gradual thing, I liked the Red Wings up until around the 7th grade, that was around 93, 94. That was when I really started getting to know teams and history. And by 9th grade, I was sick of them, and their fans.
It always confused me how the same people could make me hate the Wings, but not the Tigers.

It is easier to hate a winner, the Tigers were not very good in the 90's so they were the lovable losers. The Wings were good, so fans took pride in that and I am sure were vocal about it. I just don't understand why you would not embrace a winner. That would be like me being a fan of all things Pittsburgh but hating the Steelers b/c they win and their fans let you know they win often. I think the Wings fans overall are very good fans, they have a minority of people who are dumb and ignorant, but so do all teams. I find that Wings fans seem to know hockey, how it works and it's history. My only complaint would be that during the cup finals, they really dug into the Pens and made many an ignorant Philly like comment and behavior in regards to Crosby and the team in general. But I still like the Wings, after the Pens, I always route for the Wings and Sabres. Both are class organizations, with class fans and class players.

But, by the time the Wings did win, I didn't like them. They had some players I liked, everyone else seemed to hate, Primeau was one of them.
In high school, I had a mini-van and right before the '97 finals started my friends took this washable poster pain, and painted all kinds of pro-Wings/anti-Flyers stuff ALL OVER IT one day at lunch.
I'm pretty sure that week or so had a lot to do why I went from not liking, to hating them.
I should have worn shorts today.
Pete Nice Wrote:I should have worn shorts today.

And flip flops, Rich Davis style.
Pete Nice Wrote:

freaking hippies.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:It was a gradual thing, I liked the Red Wings up until around the 7th grade, that was around 93, 94. That was when I really started getting to know teams and history. And by 9th grade, I was sick of them, and their fans.
It always confused me how the same people could make me hate the Wings, but not the Tigers.

It is easier to hate a winner, the Tigers were not very good in the 90's so they were the lovable losers. The Wings were good, so fans took pride in that and I am sure were vocal about it. I just don't understand why you would not embrace a winner. That would be like me being a fan of all things Pittsburgh but hating the Steelers b/c they win and their fans let you know they win often. I think the Wings fans overall are very good fans, they have a minority of people who are dumb and ignorant, but so do all teams. I find that Wings fans seem to know hockey, how it works and it's history. My only complaint would be that during the cup finals, they really dug into the Pens and made many an ignorant Philly like comment and behavior in regards to Crosby and the team in general. But I still like the Wings, after the Pens, I always route for the Wings and Sabres. Both are class organizations, with class fans and class players.

But, by the time the Wings did win, I didn't like them. They had some players I liked, everyone else seemed to hate, Primeau was one of them.
In high school, I had a mini-van and right before the '97 finals started my friends took this washable poster pain, and painted all kinds of pro-Wings/anti-Flyers stuff ALL OVER IT one day at lunch.
I'm pretty sure that week or so had a lot to do why I went from not liking, to hating them.

At that point you were already a Flyer fan though, totally acceptable high school behavior.
Who's ready for THE SHOW?!?!?!?!?
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I have a theory about pickups in an urban area, if you do not work in construction, you are an asshole. If the city in your address is Pittsburgh, you should not own a pickup unless you have to use it for work. I can never see me owning a pickup, even if I had fuck you money and moved a lot of big shit around, I would just rent one, b/c I would have fuck you money anyway.

I actually really want Toyota Tacoma. Got enough room in the bed for me to pick stuff up (furniture, computers, etc) but does not take up 2 parking spots.

Please note above. I also give an exception to anyone in the states of Texas and Arizona.

I had a Dakota for a long time, and I loved it.
It has a built in excuse to not be the one shuttling everyone around, and they come in handy a lot.
And trucks just seem to last for ever and are easy to work on.
That Gaymon shit might work in NYC, but try going up to someone in Texas and tell them "You look friendly can I give you a hug?" They will beat your ass down. :homo:
Pete Nice Wrote:

I like flip-flops.
JDubb Wrote:
Texas Fan Wrote:It also depends on the parking spot, angled spots are easier to pull into, but straight on spots with cars on each side is easier to back into.
They piss me off when I am also trying to pull into a spot. I have almost been hit more by assholes backing into a spot than those that pull in forward.
Maybe you just need to pay more attention when you drive in a parking lot, it's not a race track.
JDubb Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

I like flip-flops.
Of course you do.....
It's been in the 80's the past few days!!! I've been wearing dresses and skirts with cute sandals!!!!! Tomorrow it's supposed to rain and be cold again... Confusedad: P.S. I'm the only one with a tan, so I'm happy b/c it looks better w/sandals!!!! hee heee heee.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30