Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Wednesday 4/27/11- Let's Party
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
duelly = dual (2) tires on each side in the back.
JDubb Wrote:I hate people that have to back into parking spots. Are they really in that much of a hurry to leave? And does it really save that much time?

When I worked for Schlumberger they taught you and made you back into parking spots to avoid having to back out of them which has more room for an accident cause you cant see past the other cars when you pull in. Its easier for me to back into a spot then it is pulling in with my truck. Maybe cause I drove for SLB for 5 years, but idk.
Derick Wrote:duelly = dual (2) tires on each side in the back.
Pete needs pictures.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brian Wrote:[Image: 1999DodgeRam3500bumpers-stacks-nerf.jpg]

OK, I see the dumb ass smoke stacks, but what is a duelly?

dually are only good for towing big ass trailers. More weight you can pull with 4 tires. Like a small semi truck.
smoke stacks are completely pointless.
Texas Fan Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:I hate people that have to back into parking spots. Are they really in that much of a hurry to leave? And does it really save that much time?

When I worked for Schlumberger they taught you and made you back into parking spots to avoid having to back out of them which has more room for an accident cause you cant see past the other cars when you pull in. Its easier for me to back into a spot then it is pulling in with my truck. Maybe cause I drove for SLB for 5 years, but idk.
I agree. This is why I do it as well.
Brian Wrote:
Texas Fan Wrote:

I agree. This is why I do it as well.

It also depends on the parking spot, angled spots are easier to pull into, but straight on spots with cars on each side is easier to back into.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:So I was thinking about things I hate worse than the Flyers this morning. I came up with a very short list.

- the possibility of my wife getting murdered. That is about it.

Things I hate the Flyers more than:

- Osama Bin Laden, Liberals, my ex-wife, liberal politics, Bill Maher, any other sports team or rivalry, having my fingers ripped off with rusty pliers, Sadam Hussein, Wall Street Fat Cats, the fear of my own death, Motorhead, Primus, Tool, Justin Beeber, the Bush family, Obamacare, hippies, French people, Cleveland and high gas prices.

Next time the Flyers play on a Friday stop over. Real Time with Bill Maher is on Friday nights. I'll even play some Tool.

I will bring some movies, The Stanley Cup Videos form their 3 cup wins in the last 20 years, the Dropkick Murphy's live on St. Pat's DVD, THe Ramones DVD and we can listen to some Bouncing Souls and Minor Threat. Might as well throw on some Fox News also.

I have the 10 greatest Flyer games DVD set, I'll bring that.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Ha! I am not misinformed! :poke:

I wasn't born like this, those damn Red Wing fans drove me to what I am today.

How did they drive you to it? Did you wake up one day and say "DAMN these hometown team fans are annoying, cheering for their hometown team and everything, I think I will rebel and become a fan of the team that has the worst fans in sports, that will learn em"

It was a gradual thing, I liked the Red Wings up until around the 7th grade, that was around 93, 94. That was when I really started getting to know teams and history. And by 9th grade, I was sick of them, and their fans.
It always confused me how the same people could make me hate the Wings, but not the Tigers.
Chip is confused by his gay flyer love.
LeNeve Wrote:Chip is confused by his gay flyer love.
He's just a little bi-curious, that's all.
LeNeve Wrote:Chip is confused by his gay flyer love.

Wtf
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Ha! I am not misinformed! :poke:

I wasn't born like this, those damn Red Wing fans drove me to what I am today.

How did they drive you to it? Did you wake up one day and say "DAMN these hometown team fans are annoying, cheering for their hometown team and everything, I think I will rebel and become a fan of the team that has the worst fans in sports, that will learn em"

It was a gradual thing, I liked the Red Wings up until around the 7th grade, that was around 93, 94. That was when I really started getting to know teams and history. And by 9th grade, I was sick of them, and their fans.
It always confused me how the same people could make me hate the Wings, but not the Tigers.

It is easier to hate a winner, the Tigers were not very good in the 90's so they were the lovable losers. The Wings were good, so fans took pride in that and I am sure were vocal about it. I just don't understand why you would not embrace a winner. That would be like me being a fan of all things Pittsburgh but hating the Steelers b/c they win and their fans let you know they win often. I think the Wings fans overall are very good fans, they have a minority of people who are dumb and ignorant, but so do all teams. I find that Wings fans seem to know hockey, how it works and it's history. My only complaint would be that during the cup finals, they really dug into the Pens and made many an ignorant Philly like comment and behavior in regards to Crosby and the team in general. But I still like the Wings, after the Pens, I always route for the Wings and Sabres. Both are class organizations, with class fans and class players.
Pete Nice Wrote:I have a theory about pickups in an urban area, if you do not work in construction, you are an asshole. If the city in your address is Pittsburgh, you should not own a pickup unless you have to use it for work. I can never see me owning a pickup, even if I had fuck you money and moved a lot of big shit around, I would just rent one, b/c I would have fuck you money anyway.

I actually really want Toyota Tacoma. Got enough room in the bed for me to pick stuff up (furniture, computers, etc) but does not take up 2 parking spots.
Joe Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I have a theory about pickups in an urban area, if you do not work in construction, you are an asshole. If the city in your address is Pittsburgh, you should not own a pickup unless you have to use it for work. I can never see me owning a pickup, even if I had fuck you money and moved a lot of big shit around, I would just rent one, b/c I would have fuck you money anyway.

I actually really want Toyota Tacoma. Got enough room in the bed for me to pick stuff up (furniture, computers, etc) but does not take up 2 parking spots.

Please note above. I also give an exception to anyone in the states of Texas and Arizona.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30