Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Tuesday 11-9-10 Today is the day...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
I've used google to fix 3 cars the last few weeks.
Joe Wrote:If you don't know technology I think you have a few choices.

- Learn it on your own time.
- Don't even try it
- Kill yourself

Don't bother me with your screw ups. I don't mind teaching people new things, but when you fuck your shit up, get frustrated and give me shit about how much of a moron you are that's where my patience ends.
:rant:
I deal with this at least three times a week with my computer illiterate co-workers. Take a couple of 45+ year olds and mix in Outlook, VPN access, Microsoft Exchange, and a wireless print server and all I get is headaches when their computers don't work.
Brian in NY Wrote:
Joe Wrote:If you don't know technology I think you have a few choices.

- Learn it on your own time.
- Don't even try it
- Kill yourself

Don't bother me with your screw ups. I don't mind teaching people new things, but when you fuck your shit up, get frustrated and give me shit about how much of a moron you are that's where my patience ends.
:rant:
I deal with this at least three times a week with my computer illiterate co-workers. Take a couple of 45+ year olds and mix in Outlook, VPN access, Microsoft Exchange, and a wireless print server and all I get is headaches when their computers don't work.

I am sympathetic, I keep getting tech support calls from my in-laws. :killme:
The hardest tech questions are from my mom, asking how to e-mail pictures that are on her camera.
I'm lucky, all the old people in my family now tech stuff really good, or they don't care.
they use pregnant mexican girls to do GED commercials alot.
Brian in NY Wrote:I deal with this at least three times a week with my computer illiterate co-workers. Take a couple of 45+ year olds and mix in Outlook, VPN access, Microsoft Exchange, and a wireless print server and all I get is headaches when their computers don't work.

Some VPN connections require one extra icon to click on. It's amazing how that one extra step blows people's minds!
JDubb Wrote:I am sympathetic, I keep getting tech support calls from my in-laws. :killme:

My parents will blow their laptops up and buy new ones before they will ask me to fix their stuff. It's pretty bad when your parents think you are a dick.
We have a chance of snow thursday. IT was 80 yesterday.
Joe Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:I deal with this at least three times a week with my computer illiterate co-workers. Take a couple of 45+ year olds and mix in Outlook, VPN access, Microsoft Exchange, and a wireless print server and all I get is headaches when their computers don't work.

Some VPN connections require one extra icon to click on. It's amazing how that one extra step blows people's minds!

I'm really tempted to ask VPN questions, I've kinda looked into setting one up for us here at work. There's only 3 of us.
But I'll spare you, I've got a friend who's in IT.
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

I'm really tempted to ask VPN questions, I've kinda looked into setting one up for us here at work. There's only 3 of us.

I don't mind questions. I just don't like complaints. Either PM me or post it in the Tech section and I'll let you know what the best solutions is.
What is a VPN?
Joe Wrote:

The one guy here doesn't even understand the concept of changing his password every three months.
LeNeve Wrote:What is a VPN?
A virtual private network (VPN) is a computer network that uses a public telecommunication infrastructure such as the Internet to provide remote offices or individual users with secure access to their organization's network. It aims to avoid an expensive system of owned or leased lines that can be used by only one organization.
Joe Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

I don't mind questions. I just don't like complaints. Either PM me or post it in the Tech section and I'll let you know what the best solutions is.

Well, sweet, I'll post something over there in a bit.
I've gotten it to work, but only for one connection.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19