Dudebro Nation

Full Version: 6/13/12.....Wombats in the house
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:No, I'm thinking that you and Jimbo can solve the lawnmower issue while I do that.

We'll change the spark plug, if that doesn't work, we'll stand around and drink beer and eat.
If it does work, we'll stand around and drink and eat too.

Basically, that's how he handled it last night. :?
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:No, I'm thinking that you and Jimbo can solve the lawnmower issue while I do that.

We'll change the spark plug, if that doesn't work, we'll stand around and drink beer and eat.

I can't imagine there there are many things that could go wrong with a lawn mower, so that's all I can come up with.
The world's second biggest hamburger chain, Burger King, on Thursday is launching several pork, beef and chicken sandwiches as limited time offers. And for a sweet ending, the company is also offering a bacon sundae — vanilla soft serve with fudge, caramel, bacon crumbles and a piece of bacon — that started in Nashville, Tenn. earlier this year. The salty-sweet dessert clocks in at 510 calories, 18 grams of fat and 61 grams of sugar.

[Image: 4116ca4782a25910120f6a7067002d70_original.jpg]
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:We'll change the spark plug, if that doesn't work, we'll stand around and drink beer and eat.

I can't imagine there there are many things that could go wrong with a lawn mower, so that's all I can come up with.

He put a new battery in it, new spark plugs, and a new solenoid, so far.
dead battery is one of 3 things. shitty battery, faulty charging system, faulty voltage regulator.
start with battery (charge overnight to make sure its fully charged, not on high amperage, your boil the battery and it will be fucked, use a trickle charger)
1. what is the resting voltage?
2. what is the voltage on (not started)?
3. what does the voltage drop to when you start it?
what type of lawnmower, pics would help
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:We'll change the spark plug, if that doesn't work, we'll stand around and drink beer and eat.

I've never had a lawnmower that had a battery.
Is this a riding mower or something?
Chip Wrote:I've never had a lawnmower that had a battery.
i think so, only lawnmower I can think of that has a battery
Derick Wrote:dead battery is one of 3 things. shitty battery, faulty charging system, faulty voltage regulator.
start with battery (charge overnight to make sure its fully charged, not on high amperage, your boil the battery and it will be fucked, use a trickle charger)

I have no fucking clue on any of that.
nice self propelled mowers have electric starts. lawnmower batteries don't really last because they sit around all winter in the cold. death sentence for a battery. keep it in a warm place on a trickle charger all winter. or drive the mower around once a week for an hour or so. thats about the only way to make the battery last for more than a season.
Derick Wrote:what type of lawnmower, pics would help

I can probably do that tonight.
this is the problem I am picturing by your description.

[youtube]ccuaa-AZjWw[/youtube]
Derick Wrote:dead battery is one of 3 things. shitty battery, faulty charging system, faulty voltage regulator.

I have no fucking clue on any of that.
then we are of no further help. good luck
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I can't imagine there there are many things that could go wrong with a lawn mower, so that's all I can come up with.

I've never had a lawnmower that had a battery.

It's a Ranch King 14hp riding mower, I believe (could be 18hp). Bought it at Tractor Supply years ago, other than this starting issue, it runs great.
LeNeve Wrote:this is the problem I am picturing by your description.

[youtube]ccuaa-AZjWw[/youtube]
that doesnt appear to be a battery issue. He kept turning the key, the engine kept cranking.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13