Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Tuesday - May 29, 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
[Image: scorpionstail.jpg]

Scorpion's Tail

The ten-story high Scorpion's Tail at the popular Noah's Ark Water park in Wisconsin is one giant, water-slick loop. It's not quite vertical, though considering you'll be hurtling through it at about 50 feet per second, that's probably a good thing. Scorpion's Tail a freefall drop to get you started. Rather than gently pushing themselves off, riders stand in a capsule for a few seconds until the ground abruptly gives way. Suddenly, that loop makes more sense, as it's the only thing slowing you down from the 2.5 gs of gravitational force driving you through the spray.
I can't believe that Covino would not want to get English citizenship. Having any passport other than a US passport makes traveling easier and reduces your risk.

If I was married to someone who was a Canadian, English or citizen of any other English speaking country, I would have citizenship and a passport in a minute.

I still am considering Russian citizenship, but would need to learn Russian first.
I will not go close to that slide
maybe that tube slide that is in america, where they have better safety regulations
Pete Nice Wrote:I can't believe that Covino would not want to get English citizenship. Having any passport other than a US passport makes traveling easier and reduces your risk.

If I was married to someone who was a Canadian, English or citizen of any other English speaking country, I would have citizenship and a passport in a minute.

I still am considering Russian citizenship, but would need to learn Russian first.
its not that easy.

you want a Canadian citizenship.....you cant leave for 2 years, and you have to give up your American citizenship.
Pete Nice Wrote:I could move to Russia, Canada or most Caribbean islands not named Haiti

I could live in Canada, it's not much different than here and I have a stash of Canadian money.
[Image: summitplummet.jpg]

Summit Plummet

Location: Disney's Blizzard Beach at Walt Disney World Resort, Orlando, Florida

It's 12 stories high -- good enough to be the tallest in the U.S. -- and features a 360-foot flume that carries riders to speeds between 50 and 60 mph. And did we mention much of that takes place in a darkened tunnel?
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I can't believe that Covino would not want to get English citizenship. Having any passport other than a US passport makes traveling easier and reduces your risk.

its not that easy.

you want a Canadian citizenship.....you cant leave for 2 years, and you have to give up your American citizenship.

Technically yes. Realistically, you just need a confirm-able address in Canada and just have to say "yeah I give up my US citizenship". They don't actually send a form to the US or call them or email them or anything to make sure you turned in all your US stuff.

The US does not allow for anyone to have duel citizenship technically, but so many people do. They don't follow up to see if you turned in all your other ones.
[Image: 8qW2x.jpg]
:rock:
[Image: leapoffaith.jpg]

Leap of Faith

It can't be easy coming up with new and interesting ways to freak out water slide riders, so we're doling out a few bonus points to the minds behind the Leap of Faith. Located at the massive Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas, the slide starts at the top of a faux Mayan temple and sends riders down a steep, 60-foot drop. But forget about just coasting into a pool, because first you'll cruise through a lagoon aquarium brimming with a variety of large, toothy sharks. You'll get a good view, too, since the only thing separating you from the predators is a clear acrylic tube.

Terrifying? A little, though worse than that is what happens when a shark finds a way to leap out of the lagoon and onto the slide. Yes, that actually happened.
[Image: mammoth.jpg]

The Mammoth

You have to hand it to Indiana's Holiday World — when they go big, they go really, really big. For years, they've hosted The Wildebeest, the world's longest water coaster. While you can still ride that puppy, it's no longer the record holder.

That honor now goes to the aptly-named Mammoth. Running a ridiculous length of 1,763 feet (that's about 1/3 mile), the sprawling ride features seven drops and starts at a height of nearly 70 feet. But the best part? It will take you a good three minutes to make it through the Mammoth's twists and turns; compared to the five-second madness of Insano, that's one heckuva deal. While it's not technically a slide — you're in a 6-passenger spinning raft — the sheer size makes it a can't-miss for extreme riders.
So what's up?
So Covino is finally over FaceBook.

I'm so behind on things, I'm ahead of the curve.
Chip Wrote:So what's up?
So Covino is finally over FaceBook.

I'm so behind on things, I'm ahead of the curve.

Covino gets over shit pretty damn quick. His A.D.D. is nuts.
I am with Rich. I still enjoy facebook. I have made some real good connections through facebook that I would never have done had there been no facebook. Myspace never connected like that.

I think they might have tinkered a bit more than they should have with facebook though. The timeline is way harder to manage than it was before the change.
Facebook is the primary tool for organizing the DBC.

It is responsible for a get together with High School friends I am having in two weeks.

It has up to date info for our clan on COD.

It is easier than evite to invite people to parties and get togethers.

As long as you manage the stuff you don't want to see, like app notifications (which is SOOOOO easy to hide), facebook is a great tool.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14