Dudebro Nation

Full Version: 2/22 Monday... What should we talk about
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Brian in NY Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I don't know why , but I was watching USA and UK curling competition. I watched but I have no idea what the rules are or whats going on. It looks to be like playing marbles, excxept on ice. or bocci ball.
Marbles is stupid. Marbles on ice is more stupid.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Brian in NY Wrote:They should talk about the Olympics, but I don't see it happening. They may bring up the US/Canada hockey game. I don't know how many of you caught it but the skiing and snowboarding sno-cross was fun to watch.

That sno cross stuff is pretty cool.
LeNeve Wrote:I don't know why , but I was watching USA and UK curling competition. I watched but I have no idea what the rules are or whats going on. It looks to be like playing marbles, excxept on ice. or bocci ball.

I enjoy watching curling...it's a bit slow like a baseball game is, but I find it interesting to watch. There are some decent looking curlers which helps, but of course there are always a few hogs.

The rules are pretty simple really...closest rock to the middle of the house (the big circle) in each end (it's like an inning) gets a point. You can score multiple points if you have more than one rock closer to the middle than your opponent. Your scoring stops when your opponent has a rock closer to the middle than you do. Each person throws 2 rocks and the others try to sweep the ice to make the rocks go faster or turn more. They play guard rocks and sometimes hit rocks to hide them behind others to make it harder for the other team to take theirs out. That gives them the best chance to get multiple points. If no one has a rock in the house, neither team scores and they go to the next end.

As with many sports, people just assume it "sucks" because they don't know how to play and it looks weird. I love random sports like curling, and the Olympics is the only chance I get to see it for 4 years.
Greg Mercer Wrote:

I enjoy watching curling...it's a bit slow like a baseball game is, but I find it interesting to watch. There are some decent looking curlers which helps, but of course there are always a few hogs.

The rules are pretty simple really...closest rock to the middle of the house (the big circle) in each end (it's like an inning) gets a point. You can score multiple points if you have more than one rock closer to the middle than your opponent. Your scoring stops when your opponent has a rock closer to the middle than you do. Each person throws 2 rocks and the others try to sweep the ice to make the rocks go faster or turn more. They play guard rocks and sometimes hit rocks to hide them behind others to make it harder for the other team to take theirs out. That gives them the best chance to get multiple points. If no one has a rock in the house, neither team scores and they go to the next end.

As with many sports, people just assume it "sucks" because they don't know how to play and it looks weird. I love random sports like curling, and the Olympics is the only chance I get to see it for 4 years.

For a guy that only watches it every 4 years, you have a good understanding of the game. Sweeping will actually cause the rock to curl less, not more but good analysis, I should try watching the NBC coverage of the olympics, but I don't always like the American view of things ;-)
The naked curler is the Skip from the Norway team. If you want to see her nude go to http://www.deadspin.com. that should be a bookmarked site for all of you!
That culing chick has a nice rack. :wanker:
I have been watching the Olympics pretty much every night during the week....I get addicted to them and end up staying up way past my bed time... ;-) I think everyone should give them a chance....no matter what the sport is the ability, endurance, etc. of these people just blows my mind.
Iva13 Wrote:I have been watching the Olympics pretty much every night during the week....I get addicted to them and end up staying up way past my bed time... ;-) I think everyone should give them a chance....no matter what the sport is the ability, endurance, etc. of these people just blows my mind.
I refuse to watch ice dancing :fag:
I remember years ago how important the olympics were. Americansa are to absorbed in themselves to even care about it now. It used to be such a huge deal. My family would get together and everyone would watch.
Brian in NY Wrote:
Iva13 Wrote:I have been watching the Olympics pretty much every night during the week....I get addicted to them and end up staying up way past my bed time... ;-) I think everyone should give them a chance....no matter what the sport is the ability, endurance, etc. of these people just blows my mind.
I refuse to watch ice dancing :fag:

You missed it...they got in trouble b/c their costumes were too skimpy...they had to add more to some of them...just think....professional dancing is hard enough, let alone on ICE......
LeNeve Wrote:I remember years ago how important the olympics were. Americansa are to absorbed in themselves to even care about it now. It used to be such a huge deal. My family would get together and everyone would watch.

You're the head of your own family now...make you're own rule and make everyone watch it w/you!!! :roflmao: You are the MAN of your house and YOU make the rules ;-)
I like Ice dancing. Its pretty spectacular.
Iva13 Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I remember years ago how important the olympics were. Americansa are to absorbed in themselves to even care about it now. It used to be such a huge deal. My family would get together and everyone would watch.

You're the head of your own family now...make you're own rule and make everyone watch it w/you!!! :roflmao: You are the MAN of your house and YOU make the rules ;-)

I don't like people to watch tv with me. Except my little girl she watched curling, and the hockey game with me.
LeNeve Wrote:I like Ice dancing. I'm pretty :fag: .
Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I like Ice dancing. I'm pretty :fag: .
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :clap:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12