Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Tuesday 4-2-13 - At least It's not Monday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
MattInMinnesota Wrote:Morning y'all.

I haven't read the TWD comics but I thought it was a decent ending on Sunday, wish they would have wrapped up the Gov thing though. Never watched GOT, I guess I'm missing something there. Is season one available on Netflix or Hulu? Might have to check it out.

I am sure at least season 1 is on Netflix, seaason 2 probably also.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:when the episode was over, the wife and I just looked at each other and said "thats it?"

I fully expected them to finish the governor plot line and move on to the next one. I was kind of disappointed that they let him drive off into the night with Martinez, who should be dead already anyway.

I would assume that they will close the story off in the first episode of next season and not drag it out further.
I have read that next season they are going to focus on the group/community of the people at the prison.....which is the Rick/Tyrese story arc in the comic. However that should have already happened on the show.

My hopes are for 3 things to still happen from the books.

What three?

As you know there are people dead who should still be alive and people alive who should be dead, and like you said, the Tyrese story line should have happened a long time ago, prior to the governor.
Carols death, Ricks dexterity, governor and Michonne's "relationship"
MattInMinnesota Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

I haven't read the TWD comics but I thought it was a decent ending on Sunday, wish they would have wrapped up the Gov thing though. Never watched GOT, I guess I'm missing something there. Is season one available on Netflix or Hulu? Might have to check it out.
no, its an HBO show.

just download the first 2 seasons
From where? I don't use any torrent sites. I also don't have HBO.
then you're SOL
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I thought GOT was great Sunday. I can't wait for more of this season.

I think reading those books might be next.

Vikings is good. I have not watched this weeks yet.
if you read the Books for ASOIAF it adds to the TV show. They cant put everything into it (too much detail) but you understand more of the nuance to whats happening.

Like I said before, you spend too much time in a car to not do the audio books

I listened to all the Robert Ludlam audio books in the car a few years ago. I got them cheap on Ebay. I will have to look and see if the GOT are on there. I tried downloading them on toreents, but can't get them burned to CD, they are either too big or don't work once I burn them.
I got them all on torrent, and put one book at a time on my ipod and listened in the car. Worked pretty well for me

although, I believe its the fourth book that has a different reader, and comes across weird

I didn't think of putting them on my ipod. I think I might try that. All the chapters might mess me up though.

I completely forgot everything I ever knew abot burning CD's and DVD's. I need a refresher course. I think the software is different also.
Brampton Wrote:

no, its an HBO show.

Or it might be on HBOGO
season 1
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/316307537/Game+of+Thrones?tab=summary">http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/3163 ... ab=summary</a><!-- m -->
Season 2
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/393511737/Game+of+Thrones?tab=summary">http://isohunt.com/torrent_details/3935 ... ab=summary</a><!-- m -->
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

no, its an HBO show.

Or it might be on HBOGO
thats where it would be.....I don't have that

its actually a show I have purchased the bluerays
MattInMinnesota Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

no, its an HBO show.

Just torrent it. Use a proxy server and you'll be ok. I've been doing that for years. I'm pulling down 46GB of Shameless right now.
Brampton Wrote:
MattInMinnesota Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

no, its an HBO show.

then you're SOL
I seem to hear that a lot :?
have a good day everyone.....video game time :cya:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Yes, it was the only thing the Pirates did right yesterday.
did you have high hopes this year? they don't have houston to beat on anymore

No, not at all. I refuse to buy into it like the last two years, only to have my heart ripped out in August and September again.

My pact this year is, if they are still in it on September 11th this year, then I will invest myself in them having a winning season or making the playoffs. Can't deal with another collapse like last year.

It would take a perfect storm for them to win, all players having career years together. They have enough talent everywhere on the field to win (except SS), but a lot of it needs to mature and get more experience, not to mention produce. The pitching staff is decent but old. The future really relies on Cole and Taillon. The bullpen is pathetic, maybe the worst in baseball. The Hanrahan trade was absolutely pathetic, a typical Nutting salary dump.
they have some good pieces on that team, but its true, they have to keep some of their youngsters. But they arent going to compete in late August or later until they up their payroll at least $30 million more. St. Louis, Millwaukee, and Cinncinnatti arent going anywhere.

Tons of talent in the system. McCtucheon and Marte in the OF. Alvarez and Walker in the IF. Sanchez and Jones can be above average at 1B. Martin is an upgrade at C and they have a top prospect about to be ready in the minors. Clint Barmes sucks. They have a kid named Hanson, who should be at AA this year, that should be up in a year or two and is a beast. Pitching could be beast with Cole, Taillon and McDonald in a year or two. There are a ton of other pitching guys in the system also. They need to spend money on the bullpen. Lot's of money on the bullpen. Oh yeah, and if Travis Snyder from your Jays could ever produce, that would be swell also. He hit close to .300 after coming over last year, but his power is non existent.
MattInMinnesota Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

no, its an HBO show.

You need to Torrent, nothing bad will happen to you.
Pete Nice Wrote:
MattInMinnesota Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

no, its an HBO show.

You need to Torrent, nothing bad will happen to you.
I've heard that before, next thing I knew I was married w/ 3 kids :drum:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:What three?

As you know there are people dead who should still be alive and people alive who should be dead, and like you said, the Tyrese story line should have happened a long time ago, prior to the governor.
Carols death, Ricks dexterity, governor and Michonne's "relationship"
And cannibalism.
MattInMinnesota Wrote:I've heard that before, next thing I knew I was married w/ 3 kids :drum:

You should have worn a proxy server
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11