Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Tuesday 3/19/13 - Brackets!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Who was that? Kane?

Yeah, Chicago had like an 8% chance, and won the lottery. Philly got #2 and took JVR.

Also, I completely disagree with the draft lottery, in both the NHL and the NBA. The worst team should ALWAYS get the first pick. It should be NFL style. I am not even sure why the draft lottery exists, I mean who thought it up and why did people think it was a good idea?

Philly had way to much offense, and needed D.
This would be a totally different year if Nashville didn't match...

I go back and forth on the lottery.
Sure, the worst teams should get the best chances.
But then you're also giving the top pick to the worst team is reward for sucking, and punishing the good teams. Very democratic way to go about it...

I have only seen them in the three games against the Pens, but their defense sucks. Grossman was supposed to be good, and has been nothing but a revolving door. Timmonen is what 38? Schenn stinks. Coburn is also a revolving door. But as much as Flyer fans want to deflect blame on the defense, the guy in net is the biggest problem, as soon as Phoenix started talking about moving to Winnipeg, his game shit the bed. He may flash a good game here and there, but what goalie doesn't? I have seen a TON of Flyers fans blaming Laviolette, I think that unwarrented, he can't play defense or goalie.
Pete Nice Wrote:I don't see a problem with giving the worst team a reward of the first pick fo sucking. The NFL has parity, you rarely see the same team with a top pick. For example, last draft, Indy had the #1 pick, took Andrew Luck and went 11-5 and made the playoffs this year.

Look at the Penguins, despite the fact they won the lottery instead of having the worst record in Crosby's year (keep your bullshit conspiracy theories to yourself), They were bad for only 4 years, drafted VERY well, no matter how easy the picks were to make (not all pan out like those three did), drafted Crosby, Malkin and Fluery, and have not missed the playoffs since with no sign of looking missing any time soon.

Even when I'm trying to piss of Penguin fans, I don't bring up that conspiracy theory. I honestly don't think the NHL, or refs, are ever out to screw, or help teams.
I'd go the 1984 draft first anyway. :poke:

I remember the Ovechkin/Malkin draft, some people said the Caps should have taken Malkin #1.

And if you want an example of how top picks don't mean success, look at Columbus.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I don't see a problem with giving the worst team a reward of the first pick fo sucking. The NFL has parity, you rarely see the same team with a top pick. For example, last draft, Indy had the #1 pick, took Andrew Luck and went 11-5 and made the playoffs this year.

Look at the Penguins, despite the fact they won the lottery instead of having the worst record in Crosby's year (keep your bullshit conspiracy theories to yourself), They were bad for only 4 years, drafted VERY well, no matter how easy the picks were to make (not all pan out like those three did), drafted Crosby, Malkin and Fluery, and have not missed the playoffs since with no sign of looking missing any time soon.

Even when I'm trying to piss of Penguin fans, I don't bring up that conspiracy theory. I honestly don't think the NHL, or refs, are ever out to screw, or help teams.
I'd go the 1984 draft first anyway. :poke:

I remember the Ovechkin/Malkin draft, some people said the Caps should have taken Malkin #1.

And if you want an example of how top picks don't mean success, look at Columbus.

There is always going to be that one team that just is poorly run and scouts terrible, Columbus fired their GM and has never actually picked #1. Just like the Browns in the NFL. But for the most part, it works. I am willing to be Columbus gets better soon.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Yeah, Chicago had like an 8% chance, and won the lottery. Philly got #2 and took JVR.

Also, I completely disagree with the draft lottery, in both the NHL and the NBA. The worst team should ALWAYS get the first pick. It should be NFL style. I am not even sure why the draft lottery exists, I mean who thought it up and why did people think it was a good idea?

But then you're also giving the top pick to the worst team is reward for sucking, and punishing the good teams. Very democratic way to go about it...

I have only seen them in the three games against the Pens, but their defense sucks. Grossman was supposed to be good, and has been nothing but a revolving door. Timmonen is what 38? Schenn stinks. Coburn is also a revolving door. But as much as Flyer fans want to deflect blame on the defense, the guy in net is the biggest problem, as soon as Phoenix started talking about moving to Winnipeg, his game shit the bed. He may flash a good game here and there, but what goalie doesn't? I have seen a TON of Flyers fans blaming Laviolette, I think that unwarrented, he can't play defense or goalie.

I think he turned 38 yesterday.

There is no way Bryz is their biggest problem. On the ice at least, off ice, I don't think he's very well liked.
People say he's been decent, but not worth what he's getting. They should have held onto Bobrovski.
Their D has sucked, and I think I heard yesterday they spent a good chuck of the year with 4 of their top 6 out with injury. Mezaros being a big part of that.
So the St. Pat's party Saturday went well. Mercer was the only DBN/C&R person there, but had a blast.

The Rock Band was kicking in the basement, but we also had live music in the basement that went over real well and the crowd loved it. The girls were dancing to the Just Dance game, boobs and butts jigglin all night long.

We did a ton of Irish Car Bombs and drank a bunch of beer. The food was all good. The jello shots were tasty.

The weather sucked, around 35 all day and some rain at times. But we ha about 75% the people we had last year, so it was fine, everyone had room.

No one did anything really stupid, but we did set a record for people passing out drunk at the house. Not including my wife and I, we had 14 people pass out drunk. 3 in the basement, 4 on the couch in the living room (YUP 4!), 2 on the floor in the living room, 4 in the guest bedroom and one in the nursery.

Clean up was much easier this year. We learn from prior years mistakes and each year set up better.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Also, I completely disagree with the draft lottery, in both the NHL and the NBA. The worst team should ALWAYS get the first pick. It should be NFL style. I am not even sure why the draft lottery exists, I mean who thought it up and why did people think it was a good idea?

I think he turned 38 yesterday.

There is no way Bryz is their biggest problem. On the ice at least, off ice, I don't think he's very well liked.
People say he's been decent, but not worth what he's getting. They should have held onto Bobrovski.
Their D has sucked, and I think I heard yesterday they spent a good chuck of the year with 4 of their top 6 out with injury. Mezaros being a big part of that.

They can't use injury as a n excuse though. Last year the Pens played 2/3 of their season last year without at least 3 of their top 6 defensemen, 5 of them were out at the same time for about two weeks. And over the last three years, they have missed more games from Malkin, Crosby and Staal than they have played with them. Pens still make the playoffs every year. Letang has missed a ton of time also.

This year they have missed a ton of games from Malkin, Letang, Niskanin and Paul Martin.
Pete Nice Wrote:So the St. Pat's party Saturday went well. Mercer was the only DBN/C&R person there, but had a blast.

The Rock Band was kicking in the basement, but we also had live music in the basement that went over real well and the crowd loved it. The girls were dancing to the Just Dance game, boobs and butts jigglin all night long.

We did a ton of Irish Car Bombs and drank a bunch of beer. The food was all good. The jello shots were tasty.

The weather sucked, around 35 all day and some rain at times. But we ha about 75% the people we had last year, so it was fine, everyone had room.

No one did anything really stupid, but we did set a record for people passing out drunk at the house. Not including my wife and I, we had 14 people pass out drunk. 3 in the basement, 4 on the couch in the living room (YUP 4!), 2 on the floor in the living room, 4 in the guest bedroom and one in the nursery.

Clean up was much easier this year. We learn from prior years mistakes and each year set up better.

I hope more of you guys can make it next year to St. Pats. Remember, out of town gets first dibs on the two spare bedrooms, and couples take first priority on that. There are also several real affordable, yet decent hotels about 1/4 mile from the house.

I think this year might be my last dudebro convention.

I know, I know, how can the guy who came up with the idea for the dudebro convention, and basically set up the first two with Mercer, stop going?

Well, the economy sucks, money is tight, my hours have been severely cut, which means my income is cut and I think I want to focus more on St. pat's each year.

I am not even sure I am going to the DBC this year. The longer they are wishy washy about the dates, the less chance I have of going.
[Image: 549d94.jpeg]
[Image: d5b1ee.jpeg]
Pete Nice Wrote:They can't use injury as a n excuse though. Last year the Pens played 2/3 of their season last year without at least 3 of their top 6 defensemen, 5 of them were out at the same time for about two weeks. And over the last three years, they have missed more games from Malkin, Crosby and Staal than they have played with them. Pens still make the playoffs every year. Letang has missed a ton of time also.

This year they have missed a ton of games from Malkin, Letang, Niskanin and Paul Martin.

Yeah, but when D is already a huge weak point, then gets ripped up by injury like that, you can point to it and say that's where they need help. And I also heard yesterday they've been trying to get Bouwmeester and Byfuglin.
[Image: dd0c1c.png]
Pete Nice Wrote:[Image: 549d94.jpeg]

I have a hard wood floor now. :high5:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:They can't use injury as a n excuse though. Last year the Pens played 2/3 of their season last year without at least 3 of their top 6 defensemen, 5 of them were out at the same time for about two weeks. And over the last three years, they have missed more games from Malkin, Crosby and Staal than they have played with them. Pens still make the playoffs every year. Letang has missed a ton of time also.

Yeah, but when D is already a huge weak point, then gets ripped up by injury like that, you can point to it and say that's where they need help. And I also heard yesterday they've been trying to get Bouwmeester and Byfuglin.

no way the Jets trade Byfuglin. At least not without getting a king's ransom in return. And not while they are the #3 seed in the east like they are now.
actually since I'm at work it's only a semi hard wood floor.
It's damn near impossible to lean over the fender of a car, and work with a full on boner.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12