Dudebro Nation

Full Version: thursday Jan 5, 2012.....well done Eddie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
gygabytes. giggidy giggidy
LeNeve Wrote:that verizon deal is one of those preset locked book marks for the browser. I wonder if I can get rid of that bullshit.

Confusedhock:
I already have 2.763gb of data used, and there are 15 days left in the billing cycle.
holy shit, i only have 500mb limit, then I have to pay. yesterday i got a text saying i have used 75% of my included data but my billing cycle ends tomorrow or saturday, so I should be good
LeNeve Wrote:that verizon deal is one of those preset locked book marks for the browser. I wonder if I can get rid of that bullshit.

Confusedhock:
I already have 2.763gb of data used, and there are 15 days left in the billing cycle.

After I moved, and before I got internet, I had a couple of months at around 25gb.
I read that even if you have unlimited data, they will shut you down at 5 gigiddy bytes anyway
Chip Wrote:

Confusedhock:

After I moved, and before I got internet, I had a couple of months at around 25gb.

whoa. Confusedhock:

I thought I might be a weirdo or something, but I guess 5gb is normal. Maybe the high side of normal. I'm in Kansas though, it's pretty much all I have to do. So 5 is fair.
LeNeve Wrote:I read that even if you have unlimited data, they will shut you down at 5 gigiddy bytes anyway

They didn't do that to me, but I did that about a year ago.
But now that I have 4 of those G's and a new phone I'll probably watch NetFlix and hockey games on my phone.
I wonder how much I'll use now.
LeNeve Wrote:
Chip Wrote:

Confusedhock:

whoa. Confusedhock:

I thought I might be a weirdo or something, but I guess 5gb is normal. Maybe the high side of normal. I'm in Kansas though, it's pretty much all I have to do. So 5 is fair.

I was using PDAnet, and using it as my home internet there for a while.
And downloading DVDs. Those are almost 5gb each.
michaelangelo Wrote:

Confusedhock:
holy shit, i only have 500mb limit, then I have to pay. yesterday i got a text saying i have used 75% of my included data but my billing cycle ends tomorrow or saturday, so I should be good

When I first got my blackberry, they didn't tell me the unlimited data plan would start at the next billing cycle. So I used it for 2 weeks solid goofing around learning about it. I think my bill was 1200 bucks or something. Confusedad:
LeNeve Wrote:
michaelangelo Wrote:

Confusedhock:

When I first got my blackberry, they didn't tell me the unlimited data plan would start at the next billing cycle. So I used it for 2 weeks solid goofing around learning about it. I think my bill was 1200 bucks or something. Confusedad:

:roflmao:
I like the stories of people who go to Canada, and don't realize that checking e-mail and using FaceBook and twitter use data.
And roaming charges in Canada are insane.
Then come home to bills that are over $10,000
oh, yeah. I got that easy breezy tether thing going. Hooked it to the shitty laptop everyone at home uses. There is no screen left, they downloaded 20 fucking toolbars and shit. It is a fucked up machine. Anyway, I cleaned all that shit off of it, and was flying through the web. Faster than I've ever seen it work from the house internet.
I first got a cell phone in , 98 or 99, from one of those street fair things, where everyone has booths and stuff. All free right up front, activated right then. It was a nokia, about the size of an ice cream sandwich. I had un limited night and weekends, but my first bill from that was about 1200 also. Apparently I made like 3 calls during peak hours. Shit wwas so ridiculous back then.

That one never got paid, and was the start of my slippery slope down to bad credit canyon.
that nokia had snake for a game ands that it. It didn't hold many contacts either, 30 maybe? and thats what you got for 100 bucks a month, or whatever it was. (if you were careful)
I don't think I got a phone until 2001 or 2002
It was a Samsung flip phone through Sprint.
I think my monthly bill was $35.
Then my next contract that went up to $45 for the same minutes.
Then my next phone I added text messaging, something like 500 for $10.
and my bill has been growing and growing ever since.
michaelangelo Wrote:

Confusedhock:
I rarely use data. I'm on a 2GB plan and I've used 466.8 MB of data since mid Nov. Every place I am pretty much has wifi now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16