Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 7
Does Macifee work well on 7?
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
the keifer Wrote:Does Macifee work well on 7?

McAfee and Norton take up way too many resources.. I haven't had any problem using ZoneAlarm or AVG.. very small and does the job just the same..
DaveP Wrote:

McAfee and Norton take up way too many resources.. I haven't had any problem using ZoneAlarm or AVG.. very small and does the job just the same..

I get Macifee through Comcast and it really slows my tower down when it updates or scans. I'm running XP Pro with a 3GB P4, and 1GB Ram.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
the keifer Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:

I get Macifee through Comcast and it really slows my tower down when it updates or scans. I'm running XP Pro with a 3GB P4, and 1GB Ram.

If the performance drop is that noticeable.. try one of the other ones. Also, set it up to scan when you know you will never be using it, 3-4am or something like that.
Get yourself a copy of NOD32. I've used it for years and it's the best AV out there for not hogging up resources. Norton sucks balls.
I use Avira on all of my computers. You get a daily popup when it updates, but you can actually disable that in the registry. One thing that is a must have is Malwarebytes. They are hands down the greatest in finding and removing Malware and Spyware.
Joe In PA Wrote:I use Avira on all of my computers. You get a daily popup when it updates, but you can actually disable that in the registry. One thing that is a must have is Malwarebytes. They are hands down the greatest in finding and removing Malware and Spyware.

Never heard of that one.. will have to check it out. I have used Adaware for the most part and never really had any problems.
DaveP Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:I use Avira on all of my computers. You get a daily popup when it updates, but you can actually disable that in the registry. One thing that is a must have is Malwarebytes. They are hands down the greatest in finding and removing Malware and Spyware.

Never heard of that one.. will have to check it out. I have used Adaware for the most part and never really had any problems.
Since I started using Malwarebytes I have never had to reinstall windows or spend more than 30 mins removing malware. (Not including the time it takes to do a full scan)
Joe In PA Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:

Since I started using Malwarebytes I have never had to reinstall windows or spend more than 30 mins removing malware. (Not including the time it takes to do a full scan)

Best website for an easy free download please.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:

btjunkie.org if you are familiar with torrents.
DaveP Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:Never heard of that one.. will have to check it out. I have used Adaware for the most part and never really had any problems.

btjunkie.org if you are familiar with torrents.

I am not, I am downloaded utorrents and am going to look into it this weekend. is that the website to get it from?
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:I am not, I am downloaded utorrents and am going to look into it this weekend. is that the website to get it from?

grab http://www.bittorrent.com/btusers/download/? instead of utorrent.. much better. then use btjunkie.org to search for whatever you would like.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe In PA Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/
Derick Wrote:i find it funny that windows has to run so many layers of security, while the mac doesnt. Plus mac is so easy to use. I wish I would have made the switch earlier. fuck windows, i'm done with them

the new mac os is a apple gui on a unix base operating system .
in a sense it isn't that much different than linux .

and yes it has many many layers of security , much of which is not readily availble to the average user to save them from themselves .

but which is easier , go after a few hundred mac users and catch a couple percent off guard and rape them , or go after millions of windows users , and catch and rape 1% of them ?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows 8 Donginator 9 3,849 02-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Donginator
  Windows xp sp3 upgrade javsto 13 5,070 01-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Last Post: javsto
  windows Derick 4 2,146 04-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Brampton
  Windows Mobile Apps DaveP 1 1,304 08-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Last Post: Joe
  Windows Vista & SATA Disk Drive Glitch Brian 18 6,131 07-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Brian