Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 7
Anyone running Windows 7 yet? If so, any problems as far as hardware/software compatibility? I know vista had/has a lot of issues that still have not been resolved. I have a desktop that is pretty old and don't use much, and there is still no vista drivers for the sound card to work. I really want to get 7, just don't want to fuck up what works pretty well right now.
DaveP Wrote:Anyone running Windows 7 yet? If so, any problems as far as hardware/software compatibility? I know vista had/has a lot of issues that still have not been resolved. I have a desktop that is pretty old and don't use much, and there is still no vista drivers for the sound card to work. I really want to get 7, just don't want to fuck up what works pretty well right now.
all the smart people have switched to macs
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Derick Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:Anyone running Windows 7 yet? If so, any problems as far as hardware/software compatibility? I know vista had/has a lot of issues that still have not been resolved. I have a desktop that is pretty old and don't use much, and there is still no vista drivers for the sound card to work. I really want to get 7, just don't want to fuck up what works pretty well right now.

a mac is equivalent to the wii in the gaming world... strictly for kids
Nope, no switching just yet
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
DaveP Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

And women.

It's like the iphone, pretty and popular, but when it comes down to it, not as good.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

And women.

It's like the iphone, pretty and popular, but when it comes down to it, not as good.

I hope you aren't including all women in that statement. You won't catch me purchasing any mac devices.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Pete Nice Wrote:It's like the iphone, pretty and popular, but when it comes down to it, not as good.
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: I can't hear you.
Been running it for about 3 months on an IBM Thinkpad. It runs awesome and I have had no complatability issues.
As far as 7 goes I'll stick with Xp for a while till they get the bugs worked out.
[Image: Pieman-1.jpg?t=1284932424][Image: Yuingling-1.jpg?t=1277772886][Image: 0628101537a-1.jpg?t=1277772720]
Joe In PA Wrote:Been running it for about 3 months on an IBM Thinkpad. It runs awesome and I have had no complatability issues.

I have been thinking about trying it out on my old laptop, but I don't know if it's as much of a hog as Vista is.. Its a 1.8ghz 512mb and shitty graphics onboard... not sure if it will even run it. I have had a version that wasnt the final version for a while, and never installed it.. but today finished downloading the reail realease, so I might give it a shot tomorrow.
Been running the 32bit RTM version of W7 Ultimate on a test laptop for about 2 months. Not a single issue at all. I would suggest making sure you have a processor that can do virtualization to run the virtual XP in case you do have programs that are not compatible. I think they finally may have done it right this time. W7 seems to be the true successor to XP.
First impression of 7.. sucks..

But after using it for several hours, gotta say, pretty damn good.

The reason I say it sucked at first was the weird changes to the taskbar and desktop functions. After playing around with it for a while, most of the stuff is pretty useful. I still don't like that the quicklaunch icons double as the actual item on the taskbar. I guess I can get used to that.

I have noticed a dramatic increase in the speed with opening anything.. so that's a plus.

So overall, I have some tweaking to do, but seems a lot better than Vista.
i've been runing it close to 6 months now .
super stable compared to any other operating system out there , and this is a beta release .
drivers are getting easier to find the last month or so , but most xp / vista drivers will work with it anyway .
it has many layers of " security " to prevent the " unwashed masses " from themselves , which can be rather annoying until they are bypassed or circumvented ....
BUT
the only reason i can think of to upgrade from winxp is ; ...... being able to use more than 2 gigs of system memory and being to properly use a 64bit cpu .

if winxp had a upgrade so it could use more than 2 gigs of ram and use a 64bit cpu there would be no need for vista or 7
i find it funny that windows has to run so many layers of security, while the mac doesnt. Plus mac is so easy to use. I wish I would have made the switch earlier. fuck windows, i'm done with them
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness
Derick Wrote:i find it funny that windows has to run so many layers of security, while the mac doesnt. Plus mac is so easy to use. I wish I would have made the switch earlier. fuck windows, i'm done with them
Try to run a productive network using MAC.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Windows 8 Donginator 9 3,849 02-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Donginator
  Windows xp sp3 upgrade javsto 13 5,070 01-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Last Post: javsto
  windows Derick 4 2,146 04-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Brampton
  Windows Mobile Apps DaveP 1 1,304 08-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Last Post: Joe
  Windows Vista & SATA Disk Drive Glitch Brian 18 6,131 07-15-2009, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Brian