Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7-26-11 Tooosday
Brampton Wrote:Chrysler, after recording its first post-bankruptcy profit three months ago, posted a net loss of $370 million in the second quarter due to costs tied to the repayment of government bailout loans. Chrysler incurred a charge of $551 million in paying back the U.S. Department of Treasury and the Canadian loans that kept the automaker afloat in 2009.

I think its time to stick a fork in em'!!!

If you look at their lineup it's pretty sad. They have like 5 cars and they are all suited for soccer moms and grandparents. They have to have at least one car in there like the Ford Fusion or the Chevy Malibu.
Brian Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:Chrysler, after recording its first post-bankruptcy profit three months ago, posted a net loss of $370 million in the second quarter due to costs tied to the repayment of government bailout loans. Chrysler incurred a charge of $551 million in paying back the U.S. Department of Treasury and the Canadian loans that kept the automaker afloat in 2009.

I guess upper management at Chrysler didn't play little league when they were kids.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: fags
LeNeve Wrote:
Texas Fan Wrote:Morning All, I hope Chrysler doesn't go under, that would make my extended warranty worthless. Confusedad:

And what is Lincoln - ford, chevy or dodge related? Ford isnt it?

yeah, Ford, Lincoln, and mercury. No more mercury though.

Cool, I was looking into getting the wife the new Lincoln MKZ Hybrid when she gets tired of her Jeep Grand Cherokee. She drives a lot back and forth to work and milage on the v8 jeep is getting pretty rough.
Joe Wrote:

If you look at their lineup it's pretty sad. They have like 5 cars and they are all suited for soccer moms and grandparents. They have to have at least one car in there like the Ford Fusion or the Chevy Malibu.

I love Mopar, but unfortunately you are right all their vehicles out right now are hideous. I HATE hatchbacks and the last time Jim tried to get me to buy a van I sat in the drivers seat balling my eyes out because I didn't want to a soccer mom.
LeNeve Wrote:
Brian Wrote:

I guess upper management at Chrysler didn't play little league when they were kids.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: fags

They don't have little league in Italy.
Joe Wrote:

I really like the new 200s and 300s.
And I love a lot of the Dodge stuff.
And Jeep is always going to be Jeep.

If they're losing money because they paid the loans back, and would make money otherwise, why do they need to go?

They just started their UAW contract talks, so that could be a big deal.
Nussie_T Wrote:I love Mopar, but unfortunately you are right all their vehicles out right now are hideous. I HATE hatchbacks and the last time Jim tried to get me to buy a van I sat in the drivers seat balling my eyes out because I didn't want to a soccer mom.

I grew up helping my uncle rebuild the mopars he owns and my dream car has always been a 71 Cuda. Dodge, Chystler and Plymouth fucked up in the 80s and made shit cars. That continued for another decade and then we lost Plymouth.
I think Crystlers are nice, but they just aren't appealing to me. I'd love to own a Dodge Charger, but I can get a Mustang with the same performance for like 15K less. Their trucks are nice, but for the money I'd feel better in a Ford.
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

I really like the new 200s and 300s.
And I love a lot of the Dodge stuff.
And Jeep is always going to be Jeep.

If they're losing money because they paid the loans back, and would make money otherwise, why do they need to go?

They just started their UAW contract talks, so that could be a big deal.
Because Brampton hates everything.
Joe Wrote:
Nussie_T Wrote:I love Mopar, but unfortunately you are right all their vehicles out right now are hideous. I HATE hatchbacks and the last time Jim tried to get me to buy a van I sat in the drivers seat balling my eyes out because I didn't want to a soccer mom.

I grew up helping my uncle rebuild the mopars he owns and my dream car has always been a 71 Cuda. Dodge, Chystler and Plymouth fucked up in the 80s and made shit cars. That continued for another decade and then we lost Plymouth.
I think Crystlers are nice, but they just aren't appealing to me. I'd love to own a Dodge Charger, but I can get a Mustang with the same performance for like 15K less. Their trucks are nice, but for the money I'd feel better in a Ford.

Back when I bought my ram in 2008 ford was having their shitty engine problems and got around 10 miles per gallon, which is why I went with dodge. That and the Mega Cab is awesome. Only problem I have had so far is a caliper sticking that got replaced twice.
Texas Fan Wrote:Back when I bought my ram in 2008 ford was having their shitty engine problems and got around 10 miles per gallon, which is why I went with dodge. That and the Mega Cab is awesome. Only problem I have had so far is a caliper sticking that got replaced twice.
So you thought Dodge was the obvious choice?.........I have an '05 Ram and get about 13 MPG. Not much better.
Joe Wrote:

My dad didn't care what he drove as long as it got from point A to B. It wasn't until I started watching Dukes of Hazzard that I fell in love with Dodge. I told Jim that if we bought a new car it would be a dodge Challenger in Green with Envy but I can think of 100 things I would need before that considering I could only drive it for 3 months out of the year.
Joe Wrote:

Yeah, but I think the Charger looks better, and isn't the Mustang is still a the "chick car"? And I bet 15k is an exaggeration.
And with trucks, I think they're all close enough that it just comes down to personal preference.
v-6 convertible mustangs are chick cars.
Brian Wrote:
Texas Fan Wrote:Back when I bought my ram in 2008 ford was having their shitty engine problems and got around 10 miles per gallon, which is why I went with dodge. That and the Mega Cab is awesome. Only problem I have had so far is a caliper sticking that got replaced twice.
So you thought Dodge was the obvious choice?.........I have an '05 Ram and get about 13 MPG. Not much better.

I get around 16 and ^
Texas Fan Wrote:
Brian Wrote:

I get around 16 and ^
Hemi?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TOOOSday, March 4, 2014 ~ BREAKING NEWS Beckster 155 1,006 03-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  Tooosday, Sept 13, 2010 ~ I'm Not Grounded... Beckster 298 2,568 09-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Last Post: JDubb
  Tooosday 06/21 - First day of summer!!!!! NussieT 197 1,831 06-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Last Post: Brampton
  Tooosday, Sept 14, 2010 ~ Time to Wake Up Beckster 424 3,569 09-15-2010, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  Tooosday 8/3/10 - A little too much sun... NussieT 220 1,896 08-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Last Post: NussieT
  Tooosday June 15 2010...It's Peanut Butter,Jelly Time. i bleed green 541 1,947 06-15-2010, 08:30 PM
Last Post: NussieT
  6-8-10 Tooosday!!! I hate strapless bras!!!! Iva13 432 1,073 06-09-2010, 06:13 AM
Last Post: Brian
  5/18/10 Tooosday!! Good Morning Sunshine!!!! Iva13 260 998 05-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Brian
  March 30, 2010 - Tooosday Brian 282 1,268 03-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Brampton
  2-23-10 Tooosday...Yes I know it's spelled wrong!!!! Iva13 213 985 02-24-2010, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Beckster