Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Tuesday, 11/12/13: Buttload of nothing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
We have like one Sonic in the area and it's next to a Lowes. I usually get Sonic when I'm doing home improvement projects.
Had to build a Linux web server to host some sites for a client. I figured while I'm at it I'll build one for myself too. I guess DBN will be back on Linux soon.
1. THOUSANDS SWARM AIRPORT, HOPING TO ESCAPE
Relief, including flights out, proving slow to arrive for survivors of the typhoon in the Philippines.
~ It must look like a level of hell there.

2. GETTING ETHANOL FROM CORN HAS HIDDEN ENVIRONMENTAL PRICE
Farmers who rushed to find new places to plant wiped out millions of acres of conservation land, destroyed habitat and polluted water supplies.
~ I saw this coming.

3. APPLE AND SAMSUNG BACK IN COURT AGAIN
A jury is to decide whether Android-based phones copy vital iPhone features.
~ It's the equivilent of siblings taking the copycat game to an extreme

4. AMERICANS GETTING BETTER ABOUT PAYING
Fewer U.S. homeowners are falling behind on their mortgages, with the rate falling to a five-year low.
~ Because they aren't being talked into homes they cant afford.

5. WHO STEALS THE SHOW AT THE GLAMOUR AWARDS
Malala Yousafzai, the 16-year-old Pakistani education activist, is among the honorees at Carnegie Hall.
~ Don't care

6. AMAZON SECURES ITEM ON SHOPPING LIST
The online site reaches a long-sought deal with the U.S. Postal Service for Sunday package delivery.
~ If it costs extra I am not bothering

7. ABC ANCHOR ANNOUNCES SURGERY
A month after undergoing a mammogram on "Good Morning America," Amy Robach says she has breast cancer and will have a double mastectomy.
~ Watch how they have the cameras follow her through that just to score major ratings

8. ALEC BALDWIN SET TO TESTIFY AGAINST ACCUSED STALKER
A Canadian woman says she had a relationship with the actor; he says it was purely professional.
~ He's creepy.

9. SHOOT-'EM-UPS AIMED AT YOUNGER AUDIENCES
Gun violence in PG-13 movies has rivaled the frequency of such violence in R-rated movies, and actually surpassed it in 2012, a study says.
~ I noticed that.

10. HOW DOLPHINS FARED AFTER MARTIN SCANDAL
Playing for the first time since bullying allegations, Miami lost to Tampa Bay 22-19, giving the Buccaneers their first win of the season.
~ Tired of hearing about this.

From A Place Where Sleep Is Nonexistent.
Chip Wrote:I'm learning about Tbilisi now.
This place makes me look up the most random shit.
I don't think the Tbilisi State University has any kind of sports program.

I and the baby were stranded this morning. She was helping me type.. I don't know why autocorrect thought I was saying that.

Joe Wrote:We hired a guy a few weeks ago and there's something different about. I think he may be slightly Autistic or something similar. So far he kinda has trouble with some pretty basic stuff and is socially awkward. A few times he's damn near gone to sleep while people are talking to him and has actually been caught with his eyes closed and head down at his desk.

We have two weeks to make a decision whether we are going to keep him or not. Nobody wants to fire the guy if he's got special needs, but how the hell to you approach someone about that?

Good luck

Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

earlier I didn't know what this was all about. now I'm all :roflmao: :roflmao:

If that was a type-o, what are the odds that she's spell out a city like that?
I mean, autocorrect doesn't include words like that, right?
Weirf.
Well, it did and I've caught it trying to do that to me before.

beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:

earlier I didn't know what this was all about. now I'm all :roflmao: :roflmao:

If that was a type-o, what are the odds that she's spell out a city like that?
I mean, autocorrect doesn't include words like that, right?
Weirf.
Well, it did and I've caught it trying to do that to me before.

Mmmm crack.
:roflmao: :roflmao:
the crack in tiblisi is outstanding
Joe Wrote:We hired a guy a few weeks ago and there's something different about. I think he may be slightly Autistic or something similar. So far he kinda has trouble with some pretty basic stuff and is socially awkward. A few times he's damn near gone to sleep while people are talking to him and has actually been caught with his eyes closed and head down at his desk.

We have two weeks to make a decision whether we are going to keep him or not. Nobody wants to fire the guy if he's got special needs, but how the hell to you approach someone about that?

Just do it. Not to be cold hearted but you need to put the thought aside and base it solely on work related issue. He is paid to do a job and if he's not performing I don't see firing him an issue
Chip Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I don't want to eat at mcdonalds. Confusedad:

I'm supposed to go to Long John Silvers.
But I have no idea where there are any around here.
The one I know of is about an hour away.
So, Wendy's it is.

I like the Canadian option though.
I went to Tim Hortons this morning.

Me too!!! I got a bagel and a coffee. It's was fantastic!!! My nephew looked at me eating it, I wanted to share but he's got no teeth and he'll gag on it.
NussieT Wrote:

Just do it. Not to be cold hearted but you need to put the thought aside and base it solely on work related issue. He is paid to do a job and if he's not performing I don't see firing him an issue

Yeah, that's kind of what I was telling my boss. We have a ton of work to do and what he isn't doing is falling on the laps of the other people that are already overworked. Our lead desktop tech is frustrated with him and wants to quit because she can't work with him. We can't risk losing someone that's really good because we wanted to be charitable to this guy.
remember that time I temporarily fired a deaf kid. I felt a little bad.
I think Sheetz would rape Tim Horton if they opened one up in PA. When it comes to coffee I still think Wawa takes the prize though.
LeNeve Wrote:remember that time I temporarily fired a deaf kid. I felt a little bad.

I had a deaf girlfriend once....
you hear that Tim Horton, you are going to get raped. ass raped.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9