Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Tuesday 1/22/2013 - Deep freeze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Brampton Wrote:I'm not too concerned about how the house is heated, as long as I have heat.
Same here. We have natural gas and if te power goes out we have a genset that runs the house
Pete Nice Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:Just came in from outside working and checked my messages. A friend saw a slime ball teacher we had. Not sure if I am crying from laughing or if my eyelids are just unthawing

Que?

Her face is thawing from being out in the cold...

I hate that feeling when my nose lining freezes.

With the windchill it is 0F / -17C here
Brian Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I would never buy, or even rent, a house that uses propane heat. I mean, we are talking automatic deal breaker. I don't even like electric heat, but would consider it under the right circumstances. Has to be gas heat, or woodburning heat for me.
I have propane as back-up. My main heat source is wood.

See, I would do gas as primary with wood and a propane backup to those two. I would love to have a woodburning stove in the garage and basement that vent the heat into the house. And a fireplace or two that redistribute the heat. My parents have one of those fireplaces and they do a great job.
Brian Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Brian Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I would never buy, or even rent, a house that uses propane heat. I mean, we are talking automatic deal breaker. I don't even like electric heat, but would consider it under the right circumstances. Has to be gas heat, or woodburning heat for me.

If we had cheap wood around here, I would get a wood stove, and use it for primary heat.
Kansas doesn't have trees.
Kansas and Easter Island
NussieT Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:I'm not too concerned about how the house is heated, as long as I have heat.
Same here. We have natural gas and if te power goes out we have a genset that runs the house
Is it white with a "C" on the side?
JDubb Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:
We have two cummins gensets and one Detroit
NussieT Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
NussieT Wrote:
We have two cummins gensets and one Detroit
:happy: :high5: :happy:
Brian Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Brian Wrote:

If we had cheap wood around here, I would get a wood stove, and use it for primary heat.
Kansas doesn't have trees.

Exactly. You have to get wood shipped in. I forgot what a cord of wood cost. Of course I could probaly make it through winter with just a cord or two anyway.
Russian Master Tech and our foreman.....Russian guy has been here for 4 months

RMT: you work like an apprentice

Foreman:

and scene
Stupid liberals keep taking guns into schools to try and make us law abiding citizens look bad.
In soviet russia apprentice teach teacher.
LeNeve Wrote:In soviet russia apprentice teach teacher.

While drinking vodka.
Pete Nice Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:In soviet russia apprentice teach teacher.

While drinking vodka.
and riding a bear.
Pete Nice Wrote:Stupid liberals keep taking guns into schools to try and make us law abiding citizens look bad.
[youtube]mw3ZGWRAev4[/youtube]
Pete Nice Wrote:Stupid liberals keep taking guns into schools to try and make us law abiding citizens look bad.
The laws that NY passed last week made just about every gun owner in the state a criminal.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7