Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Tuesday 1/22/2013 - Deep freeze
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Pete Nice Wrote:All this canceling school because it's cold out is some pussy fucking bullshit. The only way we ever had school canceled when I was a kid if there was at least 20 inches of snow on the ground suck it the fuck up and stop growing pussies.

sent from a levy in Kansas

Just the threat of snow gets schools to close in Maryland.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Joe Wrote:Good morning

It feels like what I imagine Canada feels like on a nice day. Its damn cold!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

It's flipping cold out there and Snowfest is going on in Frankenmuth. Imagine being out there carving ice and snow sculptures.
LeNeve Wrote:you have some sort of propane amish heater in your living room? don't die from carbon monoxide gas.

That's a kerosene heater and I had one like that at my old house. We used to lose power a lot there. I remember one of the last times, the house was so cold that the water in the toilet froze.
Not sure if I posted this already or not, but this is funny as fuck.

[Image: 3181b3.jpeg]
Joe Wrote:I ran out of propane again. Last time I forgot to check, but this time I just plain couldn't afford it. I was trying to stretch it out till I get my tax money, but I didn't make it. Propane company tried to fuck me by charging me $3.77 a gallon, plus $150 emergency fill fee and $50 leak test so I told them to suck it. They dropped the price to $2.20 a gallon which is what everyone else is charging, but I still refused to pay the other fees so I'm guessing that's why they told me 7 days for delivery.

I unhooked the grill propane and hooked that up and how I have hot water again. :wink:

Propane was my biggest expense at my old house. 375 gal only lasted a month to a month and a half. I would keep the house at 45 just to save money sometimes. Amerigas can eat a bowl of dick, too. The weekend after my aunt passed away, the tank they were supposed to automatically refill went empty and they charged me $600 (or some ridiculously high amount) for propane, which included they're fucking emergency fees.
I would never buy, or even rent, a house that uses propane heat. I mean, we are talking automatic deal breaker. I don't even like electric heat, but would consider it under the right circumstances. Has to be gas heat, or woodburning heat for me.
Just came in from outside working and checked my messages. A friend saw a slime ball teacher we had. Not sure if I am crying from laughing or if my eyelids are just unthawing
Pete Nice Wrote:All this canceling school because it's cold out is some pussy fucking bullshit. The only way we ever had school canceled when I was a kid if there was at least 20 inches of snow on the ground suck it the fuck up and stop growing pussies.

sent from a levy in Kansas

I remember riding the bus once and the gas line froze up on us. We were freezing by the time the rescue bus showed up.
NussieT Wrote:Just came in from outside working and checked my messages. A friend saw a slime ball teacher we had. Not sure if I am crying from laughing or if my eyelids are just unthawing

Que?
Pete Nice Wrote:I would never buy, or even rent, a house that uses propane heat. I mean, we are talking automatic deal breaker. I don't even like electric heat, but would consider it under the right circumstances. Has to be gas heat, or woodburning heat for me.
I have propane as back-up. My main heat source is wood.
Pete Nice Wrote:Not sure if I posted this already or not, but this is funny as fuck.

[Image: 3181b3.jpeg]

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Pete Nice Wrote:I would never buy, or even rent, a house that uses propane heat. I mean, we are talking automatic deal breaker. I don't even like electric heat, but would consider it under the right circumstances. Has to be gas heat, or woodburning heat for me.

I would love a woodburner.
Brian Wrote:

If we had cheap wood around here, I would get a wood stove, and use it for primary heat.
I'm not too concerned about how the house is heated, as long as I have heat.
LeNeve Wrote:
Brian Wrote:

If we had cheap wood around here, I would get a wood stove, and use it for primary heat.
Kansas doesn't have trees.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7