Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Wednesday 11/07/2012 - It's over!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Derick Wrote:
MattInMinnesota Wrote:Happy hump day.... Need to buy a new laptop today. No idea where to start! Been using an apple for so long I don't know what's what in the windows world....HELP!!!!!
xp dont let joe fool you with his 8 talk

Windows 7
internally lubed chain. cool. I did not know that.
Derick Wrote:
MattInMinnesota Wrote:Happy hump day.... Need to buy a new laptop today. No idea where to start! Been using an apple for so long I don't know what's what in the windows world....HELP!!!!!

8 Sucks unless you have a touch screen
Joe Wrote:

I have Used Lenovo laptops at home for the last 11 years. They have never let me down.

I have used Dell laptops for work for the last 6 years. They seem ok.

I have always heard great things about Asus laptops. My father bought one a year ago and I was impressed by it.

Each company makes a line of cheap shit so just know what specs to look for.

Get a minimum of an i5 processor if not an i7 and at least 4GB of RAM. After that it's all personal preference.
the new asus laptops are really nice, and super slim. My dell is still going strong

I like the Lenovo products, but they are a little pricey (for me)
Chip Wrote:
Derick Wrote:

Windows 7

Yes. That's why I didn't format my drive.
LeNeve Wrote:internally lubed chain. cool. I did not know that.
they come packaged in wax paper, you do have to clean the wax off the chain first, but after that, wd40 to prevent rust is good enough. You always find guys that cake chain lube on, or have rear wheel caked with the fling off, not necessary. I have 2 DID ERV3 chains on my bikes and they both look brand new
and the last most improtant thing about chains. DO NOT USE the master link CLIPS. USE the rivet on where you have to press and flare the pin. The clips will fail.
use this
[Image: DID%20ERV%203%20MASTER%20LINK.jpg]

NOT THIS
[Image: ML-525VM2_is]
I know there are some good deals out there for non-retina display macbooks too.
I had a bad ass go cart, and the chain was always breaking the mastr link clip thing.
the RK Chain Cutter & Press Fit Rivet Tool is by far the best chain tool out there
http://kurveygirl.com/shop/product_info....cts_id=527
If I had a pawn shop, and people were bringing me motorcycles, and motorcycle parts I would say, let me call a buddy of mine, that knows about this stuff, then I would call Derick.
LeNeve Wrote:If I had a pawn shop, and people were bringing me motorcycles, and motorcycle parts I would say, let me call a buddy of mine, that knows about this stuff, then I would call Derick.
:high5:
Joe Wrote:

I have Used Lenovo laptops at home for the last 11 years. They have never let me down.

I have always heard great things about Asus laptops. My father bought one a year ago and I was impressed by it.

Get a minimum of an i5 processor if not an i7 and at least 4GB of RAM. After that it's all personal preference.
Translate this into a new desktop, what should I look for? Or should I consider a laptop?
Donginator Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

Translate this into a new desktop, what should I look for? Or should I consider a laptop?

Same deal on the memory and processor. We only sell Dell desktops at work so the last time I worked with a different brand was a long time ago.
Derick Wrote:
Haha, XP!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13