Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Friday July 20, 2012 A Day Of Healing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
bolt action rifles are still pretty awesome too.
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Zombie apocolypse.

Seriously though, sport and target shooting, collecting, home defense, etc...

If the people wouldn't have been armed in the 1770's, we would still be under British control.
um......assault rifles? what about handguns and bolt action rifles.

Assault rifles? Really?

Also, no one uses bolt action any more, even for hunting, everything is semi auto now.
thats not hunting. thats just killing

Not really, you ever hunt? (I don't say that to be mean, just wondering if you are familiar with it) If you miss with the first shot, your chances of hitting with anything after are slim to none.
MattInMinnesota Wrote:The world feels like its just off its axis today.
you should read dianetics :roflmao:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:I just saw news footage the other day of like a 70 year old man that pulled out his gun and fired at people that were trying to rob an internet cafe. He potentially saved lives.

Yup, but Obama is trying to take the right of law abiding citizens to carry weapons away.

Instead, the politicians need to make the weapon purchase and conceal carry applications harder, more expensive and more intensive. And it needs to be a national permit, not a state by state thing.

My CCW expires on the 30th, I need to get downtown and renew it today or Monday if I can find the time.

Hey Pete, have you been watching The Newsroom? I'm loving it, and I don't know how much I believe an HBO show.
But in the show last week he did a little report about that. How people keep saying Obama is taking guns away, and there's no proof of it. And that Bush did more to control guns then Obama did.

Bush passed more legislation, Obama's wish is to do way more.

HBO is a very liberal network, so they will always be pro-Obama in all that they broadcast. I will have to check it out.

It tries to stay neutral, but yeah, I think it leans a little liberal.
But it's a really good show.
There have only been 4 episodes, so it's not much to catch up on.
The weird, giant forhead girl from Goon is in it.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:[
um......assault rifles? what about handguns and bolt action rifles.

Assault rifles? Really?

Also, no one uses bolt action any more, even for hunting, everything is semi auto now.
thats not hunting. thats just killing

Not really, you ever hunt? (I don't say that to be mean, just wondering if you are familiar with it) If you miss with the first shot, your chances of hitting with anything after are slim to none.
yup thats called hunting.

the entire side of my dads family hunt.....and they use single shot bolt action (law) and they still bring home game.
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:and as for the british.....300 years ago, who are you fighting off now?

Whoever would come next. The right to bear arms is one of the principles the United States is founded on.

It is a proven fact that countries with strict gun control have higher gun violence from weapons acquired illegally than those that allow their law abiding citizens to arm themselves.
this stinks of paranoia.....sorry to say

Indeed.
I agree. True sportsman ship hunting should be done with bolt action guns. Hunting for actual food, that you desperatley need, fine use a semi auto rifle.
I agree with Pete too. I wouldn't call it paranoia at all. Just awareness, and preparedness. I'm not going to be the guy sitting there saying, "wow, never saw that coming"
LeNeve Wrote:I agree. True sportsman ship hunting should be done with bolt action guns. Hunting for actual food, that you desperatley need, fine use a semi auto rifle.
if you can afford a semi automatic assault rifle, I don't think you are starving or desperate for food
Matt needs Tom Cruise.
Joe Wrote:Matt needs Tom Cruise.
at least someone got my joke :high5:
Hunting should only be bow.
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:and as for the british.....300 years ago, who are you fighting off now?

Whoever would come next. The right to bear arms is one of the principles the United States is founded on.

It is a proven fact that countries with strict gun control have higher gun violence from weapons acquired illegally than those that allow their law abiding citizens to arm themselves.
this stinks of paranoia.....sorry to say

Paranoia? I would not say that. I mean, it is obvious you are anti gun, and I am not going to change your opinion, but it is not paranoia. Preparedness but not paranoia. If it is paranoia, then hundreds of millions of United States citizens are paranoid.

And LeNeve is right, to some people, guns are like cars, art, wine, motorcycles or baseball cards. People like to collect them and they are a legit hobby. And you never see those people in the news for shooting people up.

I am FAR from saying everyone should be able to run to Wal Mart and buy a fully automatic AK-47, but if someone passes a very strict testing and background process, they should be able to buy any weapon they desire to hunt, collect, target shoot or defend them and their family. And yes, our constitution was founded based on that right.

It is hard to argue with the fact that an armed populace decreases gun crime. I am not taking the time to find the references, but it is widely discussed and supported that it does.
LeNeve Wrote:bolt action rifles are still pretty awesome too.

They are, I love the feel of a bolt action at work.
Joe Wrote:Hunting should only be bow.
agreed
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14