Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Friday July 20, 2012 A Day Of Healing.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
The news showed a photo of the gunman. They said it's chilling and anyone not disturbed by his picture has a screw loose.

I think he looked like a normal dude, that wasn't hurting anyone unless he had a gun. I must have a screw loose.
Brampton Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Hunting should only be bow.
agreed

You guys are not invited to my appocolypse.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:and as for the british.....300 years ago, who are you fighting off now?

Whoever would come next. The right to bear arms is one of the principles the United States is founded on.

It is a proven fact that countries with strict gun control have higher gun violence from weapons acquired illegally than those that allow their law abiding citizens to arm themselves.
this stinks of paranoia.....sorry to say

Paranoia? I would not say that. I mean, it is obvious you are anti gun, and I am not going to change your opinion, but it is not paranoia. Preparedness but not paranoia. If it is paranoia, then hundreds of millions of United States citizens are paranoid.

And LeNeve is right, to some people, guns are like cars, art, wine, motorcycles or baseball cards. People like to collect them and they are a legit hobby. And you never see those people in the news for shooting people up.

I am FAR from saying everyone should be able to run to Wal Mart and buy a fully automatic AK-47, but if someone passes a very strict testing and background process, they should be able to buy any weapon they desire to hunt, collect, target shoot or defend them and their family. And yes, our constitution was founded based on that right.

It is hard to argue with the fact that an armed populace decreases gun crime. I am not taking the time to find the references, but it is widely discussed and supported that it does.
I've been looking at global stats on gun crime, and the stats weigh to both sides of the can(t) arguement. there are just as many countries that have low gun violence stats, whether someone can legally carry or not.

I have no problem with people owning guns....thats never been my arguement (I just don't feel I personally need to own a weapon), my arguement is that people don't need automatic (semi) weapons or greater.

simple handguns can protect someone just fine.
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Also, no one uses bolt action any more, even for hunting, everything is semi auto now.
thats not hunting. thats just killing

Not really, you ever hunt? (I don't say that to be mean, just wondering if you are familiar with it) If you miss with the first shot, your chances of hitting with anything after are slim to none.
yup thats called hunting.

the entire side of my dads family hunt.....and they use single shot bolt action (law) and they still bring home game.

That goes back to exactly what I said, if you don't hit with the first shot, you most likely are done anyway. It does not matter at all if the weapon is bolt action or semi auto.
LeNeve Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
agreed

LeNeve shouldn't be allowed to own guns :poke:
Joe Wrote:The news showed a photo of the gunman. They said it's chilling and anyone not disturbed by his picture has a screw loose.

I think he looked like a normal dude, that wasn't hurting anyone unless he had a gun. I must have a screw loose.

perfect election year media fodder
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:thats not hunting. thats just killing

Not really, you ever hunt? (I don't say that to be mean, just wondering if you are familiar with it) If you miss with the first shot, your chances of hitting with anything after are slim to none.
yup thats called hunting.

the entire side of my dads family hunt.....and they use single shot bolt action (law) and they still bring home game.

That goes back to exactly what I said, if you don't hit with the first shot, you most likely are done anyway. It does not matter at all if the weapon is bolt action or semi auto.
technically, your statement says that if you ONLY have a bolt action, you only have one shot. Which alludes to the advantage of owning a semi automatic weapon
MattInMinnesota Wrote:Want to read some creepy stuff, check out <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/JessicaRedfield">https://twitter.com/JessicaRedfield</a><!-- m -->.

She is one of the people who was killed in last nights shooting....

Not creepy, just sad.
Joe Wrote:Matt needs Tom Cruise.
Wtf
Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
agreed

I'm not actually.
javsto Wrote:
beckster Wrote:I've realized a thing or 2 about pregnancy... There's a bunch of side effects they don't share with you. If only girls were told about the things that would happen to them, I guarantee there would be less teenage pregnancies.

dont hold back on our account Kemosabe, enlighten us on your swelling boobs and water weight gain

Ugh.. It sucks!!
Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
agreed

Picture yourself hiding behind a car that's getting overrun by zombies....

You: Alright, I'm going to run to the left and see if I can get in that building. You cover me ok?

LeNeve: Ok, I got your back.

(BANG)

You: You shot me!

LeNeve: Hehe... Oops.
MattInMinnesota Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Matt needs Tom Cruise.
Wtf

pretty sure he is calling you a queer.
JABBERJAW?
javsto Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:So if you are in a theatre, and get shot by some maniac, and you need tons of surgeries, or get parylyzed. Who's on the hook for the medical bills?
I guess it depends what country you live in

the theatre for not having metal detectors installed or have the ability to notice the bulge of an AK-47 and automatic pistol and a couple of bombs, both smoke/gas & explosive, on the torso of some crazy white dude.

I dunno about you, but I sure as hell don't want to go through metal detectors every damn place I go. That would suck ass. I'd rather just get some personal protection instead.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14