Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Wednesday 4/18/2012 - Time to shave
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
JDubb loves to no call no show.
I hope reggie shows up to work wearing pajamas, and gets fired wearing pajamas.
LeNeve Wrote:I hope reggie shows up to work wearing pajamas, and gets fired wearing pajamas.

Reggie sounds like a pot head.
I bet it goes something like this...

[youtube_url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0AnJKKwhQ0[/youtube_url]
Derick Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Derick Wrote:the problem is he thinks that being sick is a reason to miss work, ok fine, but its still an unexcused absence. But when you dont call in and dont show up, the first time, I issued corrective action with a copy of the attendance policy, which clearly states, if this happens again within the next 365 days, your employment ends, which he signed.

Wait... The first day he stayed home and didn't call to say he wasn't coming in?
the first time, was less than a month ago. yesterday, his sister called in for him, 3.5 hours after he was supposed to be at work. Anything after 2 hours is considered a no call no show. So that is 2 of those. On a call off stand point, days that he did call in, he is at 7 in 6 months. the first 2 are ok, 3, 4 are writtens, 5 is a critical with suspension, from that point anymore in 180 days is terminable. So he's managed to hit both of these in less than 6 months

Wow. I think the only excusable reason for not calling in is if you are in the hospital. I had that once and I grabbed my phone at 4AM before surgery and emailed my boss telling him I was not going to make it in the following day.

Not calling should be instant termination
LeNeve Wrote:JDubb loves to no call no show.
When I managed call centers this was a big problem. They would no call, no show for 2-3 days and then come in with a FMLA note from their doctor excusing the absence and there was nothing we could do. We had chronic no call, no shows that we knew were crap because they would talk about it and HR would not let us do anything about it.
:roflmao:

[Image: 578236_440335719314967_249191658429375_1...2128_n.jpg]
The days before affordable cell phones I was a no call no show alot.
I've never no called.
And I don't even know if I've taken more then a couple days off for being sick.
I ended up down in oklahoma somewhere after drinking all weekend, and didn't have cell service. I was probaly still drunk, and started driving back up to Kansas until I had service, then called in. That was only a few years ago, at this current job I have now. I didn't play it off like I was sick either. Just told the troof. Now its a story that gets brought up from time to time during company shit.
Joe Wrote:Wow. I think the only excusable reason for not calling in is if you are in the hospital. I had that once and I grabbed my phone at 4AM before surgery and emailed my boss telling him I was not going to make it in the following day.

Not calling should be instant termination
unfortunatly you would go down as an unexcused absence. anything not approved prior to the absence is unexcused doctors note or not. But when you reach the stage of being on a critial written for no call/no show, and a critical for unexcused absences, two separate issues, at this point it doesnt matter anymore, basically you need to be at work everyday for 6 straight months.
I love my drill doctor.
LeNeve Wrote:I ended up down in oklahoma somewhere after drinking all weekend, and didn't have cell service. I was probaly still drunk, and started driving back up to Kansas until I had service, then called in. That was only a few years ago, at this current job I have now. I didn't play it off like I was sick either. Just told the troof. Now its a story that gets brought up from time to time during company shit.

My boss at my second job told me a story about a bowling league they used to have a couple teams on.
It's a steel fabrication shop, so they have an engineering department and the fabrication shop.
And one Thursday night they were all drinking at bowling, then the next morning, the guys from the shop called, and said they were half way to Florida for a fishing trip.
What if reggie has cancer, and he's all embarrased to share his sad story with heartless management.
We had a tech at Maxim who was pro at excuses. He'd work for two-three weeks til he got enough money to fix his dirtbike then not show up again for 2-3 weeks.
My favorite "Yaki" excuse was when his mom died, then a month or two later she died again. Hahaha... The shop leadhands face was priceless.
Chip Wrote::roflmao:

[Image: 578236_440335719314967_249191658429375_1...2128_n.jpg]

Being able to send stuff like this to my coworkers who are all Pittsburgh fans feels pretty good.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7