Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Monday, January 23 2012 - Year of the Dragon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Derick Wrote:
beckster Wrote:I actually want to draw up a floorplan of the whole house and mark what outlets are on what breakers.
that should be done inside your box already.

It is written on the door, but it's vague.
basically should be 1 for each room. kitchen, living, bedroom 1, etc. Its not going to be detailed, thats not how they run wires
Brian Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I like home improvement discussions. except ones on how to put ikea furniture together, and shit like that.

I have another electrical project I need to take care of this week. I saw that my license plate light was hanging from it's fixture. The light wasn't working either, which I really hope is just a burned out bulb. I need to fix that before I get pulled over.
You're going to get pulled over for a burned out license plate bulb?!?!?! You can drive around here without a license plate and not get pulled over.
just another reason to pull you over to ask if your drinking
Brian Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I like home improvement discussions. except ones on how to put ikea furniture together, and shit like that.

I have another electrical project I need to take care of this week. I saw that my license plate light was hanging from it's fixture. The light wasn't working either, which I really hope is just a burned out bulb. I need to fix that before I get pulled over.
You're going to get pulled over for a burned out license plate bulb?!?!?! You can drive around here without a license plate and not get pulled over.

they get you for that here too. gives them an excuse to find bigger shit.
Derick Wrote:
beckster Wrote:It's on an outside wall, actually just outside of where the breaker box is located. I am not sure what size it is. I do know it doesn't work well when there's moisture in the air.
on an outside wall inside the house? If you have that much moisture in the air, you might want to check for mold. The breakers are labeled on the box which size they are. You might start with replacing the gfi outlet.

No. No. It's outdoors, I plug the Christmas lights into it.
If I need a tool for something, and it's affordable, I will buy it. This includes conduit benders, and fish tape. I rented a air compressor, and a framing nail gun once. I really wanted to buy one though. just a little expensive on that one.
Derick Wrote:
beckster Wrote:It's on an outside wall, actually just outside of where the breaker box is located. I am not sure what size it is. I do know it doesn't work well when there's moisture in the air.
on an outside wall inside the house? If you have that much moisture in the air, you might want to check for mold. The breakers are labeled on the box which size they are. You might start with replacing the gfi outlet.

No. No. It's outdoors, I plug the Christmas lights into it.
if its outdoor, it should be in a sealed box. Check the seal, might be old, also might replace the outlet anyway. or replace them both
I have a plumb bob, chalk line, and a laser level system, that I have never even used. I might have an addiction to buying tools.
LeNeve Wrote:I have a plumb bob, chalk line, and a laser level system, that I have never even used. I might have an addiction to buying tools.
i think you have an addiction to buying stuff in general
Brian Wrote:

I was pulled over by a state trooper one night for it and they accused me of DUI. I was completely sober, though (worked a security job that night and couldn't drink), I asked the officer why I was pulled over and he said my plate light was out. Funny, since it was a new bulb and his partner was messing with it (breaking it).
LeNeve Wrote:I might have an addiction to buying tools.
Me too.
Brian Wrote:
Me too.
If it looks nice hanging on a peg board, fits in a tool bag,something I actually need, or just cool looking in general, I'll probaly buy it.
LeNeve Wrote:
Brian Wrote:
Me too.
If it looks nice hanging on a peg board, fits in a tool bag,something I actually need, or just cool looking in general, I'll probaly buy it.
if its completely worthless, is shiny, and you have no need for it, you will probably buy it
LeNeve Wrote:
Brian Wrote:
Me too.
I want to get a finish nailer/brad nailer set, and a new table saw.
Brian Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:
Brian Wrote:
Me too.

I've had my eye on somer of those. :high5:

it's got to be a semi proffesional one too. none of that harbor freight bullshit.
LeNeve Wrote:
Brian Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:If it looks nice hanging on a peg board, fits in a tool bag,something I actually need, or just cool looking in general, I'll probaly buy it.

I've had my eye on somer of those. :high5:

it's got to be a semi proffesional one too. none of that harbor freight bullshit.
For nailers, Bostitch is the only way to go.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17