Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Monday December 19, 2011 Monday Night Football!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
So tonight is HUGE for me. Not only is it the Steelers at the surprising 49ers, thanks to a Ravens loss at San Diego last night, the Steelers can now win the AFC north AND get the #1 seed with a win tonight at San Fran, a win at home against the Rams and a win on New Years day at Cleveland. There would be nothing better than the road to the Super Bowl in the AFC going through Pittsburgh. And I love January playoff games at Heinz Field.

To top it off, fantasy football. I am in two money leagues. One I have pretty much won this week unless Frank Gore gets 50 points and the Steelers Defense gets none tonight. That puts me in the Super Bowl. The other is tight, very tight. I am up 10 points going into tonight's game. I have the Steelers Defense and he has the 49ers defense. The top two defenses in the NFL and two of the top fantasy point scoring defenses. So I get to the Super Bowl as long at San Frans Defense does not score more than 11 points more than the Steelers.

I have a lot to root for tonight. I will probably have to take a nap this afternoon after work......
Unfortunately, I fully expect the 49ers to win tonight. It is very tough to travel cross country and play at your best, not to mention Harrison, Pouncey and Sanders are out and possibly Polamalu, Woodley and Big Ben also. Good chance 5 All-Pro players will not be on the field tonight and two definite LEE won't be.

I think, when healthy, the Steelers are a far better team in almost every aspect of the game except offensive line, and the 49ers have pretty much feasted on mediocre at best teams, but they are hot, fired up and healthy.

Gonna be a good one.
Just looked at San Fran's schedule. The only teams with winning records they have beat are Detroit and Cincinnati. Detroit is good, but young and prone to mistakes. Cinci is not good, just has had a very easy schedule. They lost to Dallas and Baltimore, the only other teams with winning records they have played. The Steelers are the last team with a winning record they will play. Only 5 games out of 16 against teams with winning records, one of which really is not a good team? Can the Steelers get this schedule on year please?
I need Mike Wallace to have 120 yards & 2-3 touchdowns & Akers to kick a few field goals to win my game in the league where they tried to screw me in the playoffs. I am down 37 points :pray:
Donginator Wrote:I need Mike Wallace to have 120 yards & 2-3 touchdowns & Akers to kick a few field goals to win my game in the league where they tried to screw me in the playoffs. I am down 37 points :pray:

I would be good with that. I benched Akers, figuring that points would be a premium tonight, and started Prater at home in Denver against the weak Pats defense. That did not work out well for me, I just hope it doesn't cost me the win.
My first thought this morning...
Fuck you Dexter! Now I have to wait until next fall to see what happens!
I have never seen a single episode of Dexter.

I wouldn't mind seeing it though, but like True Blood, I missed out on the beginning, so I would need to sit down and start from the beggining. It is on my todo list for the future.
Chip Wrote:My first thought this morning...
great ending to the episode :high5:
Pete Nice Wrote:I have never seen a single episode of Dexter.

I wouldn't mind seeing it though, but like True Blood, I missed out on the beginning, so I would need to sit down and start from the beggining. It is on my todo list for the future.
I haven't seen the first season of trueblood, and I don't really feel like I missed anything.

I will eventually watch it
Pete Nice Wrote:I have never seen a single episode of Dexter.

This season started slow, I thought.
But they're really good, when I was catching up on all the seasons, there would be days where I'd watch for 8 hours. I'd just keep telling myself '1 more episode'.
Last night, the season finale, might have been the biggest cliff hanger.
Brampton Wrote:

You had to see it coming too.

But I was really hoping there would have been something after it.
Well, I gotta go do some work down in Toledo, I'll be back later....
Chip Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

You had to see it coming too.

But I was really hoping there would have been something after it.
SHHHHHHH!!!!!!! Some of us haven't watched it yet!
Kim Jong ll is dead!!!! I din't know what that means, but it was on the news.
:yawn: [smiley]Morning[/smiley]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19