Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Thursday, Jan 13, 2011 ~ Still Kicking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:
Joe Wrote:People are too intelligent to beleive that some guy fit all of the animals in the world into one boat.

You realize that a lot of those were just stories that were told to explain complicated things to simple-minded (uneducated) people? People never realize that... Guys used to go around and tell fables to teach the common folk stuff. Jesus told stories to captivate people's attention and to get his point across.

What was trying to be explained in that story? Church always taught us that god was forgiving and the story of Noah made him into a dick.
LeNeve Wrote:yeah, read the black man bible.
Yeah, nam sayin'?
Joe Wrote:
Joe Wrote:People are too intelligent to beleive that some guy fit all of the animals in the world into one boat.

You realize that a lot of those were just stories that were told to explain complicated things to simple-minded (uneducated) people? People never realize that... Guys used to go around and tell fables to teach the common folk stuff. Jesus told stories to captivate people's attention and to get his point across.

What was trying to be explained in that story? Church always taught us that god was forgiving and the story of Noah made him into a dick.

what I always thougt was that the population was getting all crazy, and butt fucking each other, and banging animals, so god killed everyone. Not nice. He would be arrested for that today.
Joe Wrote:

Well, maybe you should read it and decide for yourself.
God would not like sex with emily.
JDubb Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:yeah, read the black man bible.
Yeah, nam sayin'?

Quick story from the black man bible...

[youtube]zKIKKXm6Mlk[/youtube]
michaelangelo Wrote:i'm Catholic and my wife isn't so we're having difficulty with deciding whether or not to baptise our daughter. I'm like you Becky, I love my church and I still go occasionally with my mom. my wife does not attend any church, she was baptised 7th day aventist and i kind of have the felling that they frown upon the catholic church. There are a lot of 'rules' to baptising our daughter and she couldn't understand why there had to be rules to worship God, it should be free. anyways, she says that she's going to look for another church where she won't feel like an outsider, but I think it won't be as easy as she thinks

A LOT of churches frown on Catholics. My mom is Catholic and my dad's church "hath no name for God hath not named them" :roll: . I turned against my dad and was baptized when I turned 16. His church is a bunch of hypocrites and he doesn't even practice it anymore (they are slightly more modern than Mennonites).

Either you and your wife need to agree to it or wait for her to be old enough to decide.
yo mommas ass :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
LeNeve Wrote:
beckster Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:I have "the message" version of the bible.

Have you actually looked at it? I kinda think I should get one.

oh yeah, it's pretty cool. I've had it for many many years. I think I got it when I was 15 or so. I still had to go to church back then.

That sounds like the version I should get.
LeNeve Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

what I always thougt was that the population was getting all crazy, and butt fucking each other, and banging animals, so god killed everyone. Not nice. He would be arrested for that today.

Yeah.
But he's famous.
So he wouldn't have to serve any time.
LeNeve Wrote:
Brian Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:of course JIU has read and studied the bible more than anyone. He is a bible one upper too.
He lives in Utah. Is he mormon?

he must of read that other book then, and thought it was the bible.

the version that says you gotta have 47 fugly wives?
There is a scene on family guy, and god starts a fire on accident, then yells "Jesus Christ" then Jesus actually runs up, and God tells him to get the escalade. I laugh at that one everytime.
LeNeve Wrote:
Brian Wrote:
LeNeve Wrote:of course JIU has read and studied the bible more than anyone. He is a bible one upper too.
He lives in Utah. Is he mormon?

he must of read that other book then, and thought it was the bible.

the version that says you gotta have 47 fugly wives?

Don't mormans believe Jesus was a native american in Missouri?
LeNeve Wrote:There is a scene on family guy, and god starts a fire on accident, then yells "Jesus Christ" then Jesus actually runs up, and God tells him to get the escalade. I laugh at that one everytime.

:roflmao:
:high5:
Joe Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:No. Penticostal

So what would be the difference? I know that Lutherans are a lot like Catholics, except that we acknowledge the Blessed Virgin and they don't.

My mom went to a Catholic school and one of the priests did something I think is so cool. He took the students to the churches of different faiths to show them the differences and teach them to appreciate others' beliefs.

I wish someone would have done that for me. I was told there are other religions and they are wrong.

I just thought that was so cool when she told me about it. They went to a Jewish synagogue and learned how deeply involved they are in their faith. Many Catholics I grew up around love their church, but have a high respect for other faiths. The only churches I can't stand are the ones that feel they need to tell you what they think you should believe. :roll:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26