Dudebro Nation

Full Version: Wednesday 11/10 - Starting the day too early
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Pete Nice Wrote:I am going to say this as nicely as possible.

If you were never in the military then SHUT THE FUCK UP about gays in the military b/c you DO NOT know what the FUCK you are talking about.

GOOD DAY!

OK Pete, I'm not trying to start anything but can you please articulate why? I always hear, "If you were never in the military ... you DO NOT know what the FUCK you are talking about." Like I said, I'm not trying to start anything but can you (or any others with military background) help us understand? Because saying STFU doesn't educate anyone (ok, that was a :poke: )
JDubb Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I am going to say this as nicely as possible.

If you were never in the military then SHUT THE FUCK UP about gays in the military b/c you DO NOT know what the FUCK you are talking about.

GOOD DAY!

OK Pete, I'm not trying to start anything but can you please articulate why? I always hear, "If you were never in the military ... you DO NOT know what the FUCK you are talking about." Like I said, I'm not trying to start anything but can you (or any others with military background) help us understand? Because saying STFU doesn't educate anyone (ok, that was a :poke: )
I'm not even sure by his statement if he approves or disapproves of gays in the military. He's republican so I can make a guess.
I get what Pete is saying. I think. He's not bashing gays. He is just saying, how can you have an opinion on something you have never dealt with, in that extreme of a situation. Those of us that have never been in battle, really don't get it. That's all. We can all sit here, and have our opinions, pro and con, but untill we are walking across jungles, deserts, and snow, we have no idea what we are talking about.

I have my opinion on this subject, but I keep it to myself. Kind of disrespectful to tell our military what to do, when we are at home sipping on a beer, in a climate controlled house.
LeNeve Wrote:I get what Pete is saying. I think. He's not bashing gays. He is just saying, how can you have an opinion on something you have never dealt with, in that extreme of a situation. Those of us that have never been in battle, really don't get it. That's all. We can all sit here, and have our opinions, pro and con, but untill we are walking across jungles, deserts, and snow, we have no idea what we are talking about.

I have my opinion on this subject, but I keep it to myself. Kind of disrespectful to tell our military what to do, when we are at home sipping on a beer, in a climate controlled house.

This

I am for gays in the military. Most veterans and current military are. The problem is, there are those that are not, just like in real life. The difference is, those that are not, are armed, trained and put in situations where they can turn their prejudices into murder and get away with it in the name of war. This happened many times in Vietnam for much lesser prejudices. In regular life, it's no so easy to get away with shooting the people you are prejudice against. It's easy to say the military just should not let people in with those viewpoints, but shit, this country voted George W Bush into office twice, you think they can weed out the few and far between bad apples that would actually murder in the name of their prejudices? 99.9% of people in the military would never even consider murder in a war zone over a prejudice. 99.9% of people in the military also would not walk onto Ft. Hood and murder people in the name of Allah. So as you can see, it CAN happen, and it WILL happen, there is nothing that anyone can do about it. THAT is why there was don't ask don't tell. There is no screening process to keep people with prejudices out of the military, just like there is none to keep them out of politics, police work, DMV offices and computer labs.

As far as "If you were never in the military ... you DO NOT know what the FUCK you are talking about", I have two things to say. First, there is a strong camaraderie in the military, anything that might weaken that camaraderie, weakens the team and therefore weakens my chance of staying alive and/or defeating the enemy. Second, if you have never been in the military and/or a combat zone, then you really can't tell me what should happen there. Don't sit on your high horse and throw broad generalizations out without any fucking clue what you are talking about. Being in the military is like nothing you will ever encounter in regular life. Being in a combat zone is like nothing you will ever encounter in regular life and never want to encounter, something that you don't want to be preached at about by people who were never there, never did it and never will.

If gays want to be in the military AND open, so be it, but they need to understand and accept the risk they bring upon themselves and others.
JDubb Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:I think Pete dl'ed from torrents or something. I never got into torrents.
I wanna learn french and dutch, hopefully someone will post where I can download sometime today
Yeah, try torrents or alt.binaries newsgroups. I dl'ed a mega pac of all languages and levels available along with the pc software. I have wanted to learn a new language for a while. My wife and daughter are going to Italy in the spring so my wife is using it now. It is pretty easy.

The exact newsgroup is alt.binaries.world-languages
found what I want, now how do I download?
Thanks Pete, now I understand a little better. Thanks bro.
Brampton Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:I think Pete dl'ed from torrents or something. I never got into torrents.
I wanna learn french and dutch, hopefully someone will post where I can download sometime today
Yeah, try torrents or alt.binaries newsgroups. I dl'ed a mega pac of all languages and levels available along with the pc software. I have wanted to learn a new language for a while. My wife and daughter are going to Italy in the spring so my wife is using it now. It is pretty easy.

The exact newsgroup is alt.binaries.world-languages
found what I want, now how do I download?

Your newsgroup reader should have a option to download attachments/files. Once downloaded you will have to combine all the parts. Usually they are in .rar format, there are several programs that you can download for this.
Brian in NY Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:does anyone know where I can download rosetta stone for freeeeee?
I think Pete dl'ed from torrents or something. I never got into torrents.

I did, I have not used it yet though. I download all kinds of shit for free on Torrents. LOVE torrents.
Brampton Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:I wonder how much the yankees are gonna buy Cliff Lee for?

Didn't Yankee fans spit on his wife?
Wives have a lot of pull on players career choices.
Just ask Edmonton.
I still don't know why Pronger left the Oil.....never heard what the reasons are, except that his wife was a huge bitch......

You heard that wrong....PRONGER is a huge bitch, his wife is sweet as pie, yummy pie....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13