Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Moon Grand Cru 2009 Belgian-Style Wheat Ale
Now I know that a lot of "manly men" like to rip on blue moon. I personally like it and other Belgian whites, but I do not get the fruit with them.

They recently passed a law in PA that allows the selling of beer in very few grocery stores, I think like 4 of them in the state, all Giant Eagles. There is a new one by me that opened up and sells beer, but only by the bottle, so they have a great variety and some larger bottles.

That is where I got this.

It's a 24.5oz (750ml) bottle brewed with spices (coriander and orange peel), 8.2% alcohol. it is a 2009 vintage, I guess that is good for this beer.

In Belguim, a Grand Cru is traditionally brewed for special celebrations. They released a limited edition Blue Moon Grand Cru in the US. This small-batch, artfully crafted brew incorporates subtle hints of orange peel and coriander and delivers a warm, spicy finish.

I liked it a lot. I had it a few months ago and forgot to post the review. It was released for the New Years season around here and kept around until the beginning of March. Good stuff, if they make it again and you see it, get it. Well worth it.

[Image: blue-moon-grand-cru.gif]
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I just bought one of these over the past two weeks but haven't tried it yet and forgot about it until I saw your post. I think I'll try it tonight.
That sounds really good.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Faro style beer Pokes28 1 1,809 02-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Joe
  Harvest Moon Pumkin Ale Pete Nice 10 3,513 01-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Last Post: the keifer
  Abbey Belgian Style Ale LeNeve 4 1,866 10-27-2010, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Pokes28
  Blue Moon Belgium White LeNeve 4 2,178 10-19-2010, 08:43 PM