Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011-2012 Season
...beat up a fan with a shoe, and made those awesome trades when he was GM of the Islanders.

I wasn't thrilled about the trades, but I thought they would be ok. I thought they would be a better defensive team, and did not think they would be one of the top offensive teams. They've scored more goals this year then they did last year.

And I don't care what anyone says, they would be a better team with Pronger in.
But, right now, I'd put a lot of money on his career being over.
Chip Wrote:Alright, fine, my thoughts on that game Sunday.
I like games like that, I just think they're fun to watch.
Crosby slashed Schenn, Schenn pushed/cross checked him back. Is that issue really that big of a deal? Doesn't that stuff happen all the time?
Then, the game had been decided, Philly put out a top line, Pitt put out a checking line. People can complain either way. Was Philly trying to run up the score? Were the Pens looking to start something, or get back at them for the cross check? What ever each team does, they open themselves to criticism, I don't care.
What did Briere think was going to happen, skating through the middle like that?
Clean hit, but Philly stood up for Briere, I don't see a problem.
Putting the 4th line out wasn't gutless, but Lavi was just standing up for his team, who cares?

And yes, Milbury is still a moron.

WOW, I don't disagree with a thing said here.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
I wish Pronger was back, nothing like having a revolving door on the ice for 28 minutes a game

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Crosby slashed Schenn, Schenn pushed/cross checked him back. Is that issue really that big of a deal? Doesn't that stuff happen all the time?
Then, the game had been decided, Philly put out a top line, Pitt put out a checking line. People can complain either way. Was Philly trying to run up the score? Were the Pens looking to start something, or get back at them for the cross check? What ever each team does, they open themselves to criticism, I don't care.
What did Briere think was going to happen, skating through the middle like that?
Putting the 4th line out wasn't gutless, but Lavi was just standing up for his team, who cares?

Confusedhock:

That was one of those games where, if the same things happened but the teams were reversed, the complaints would be the exact same, but just coming from opposite sides.

It was an entertaining game.
Bring on Saturday.
And bring on the first round.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:

Confusedhock:

That was one of those games where, if the same things happened but the teams were reversed, the complaints would be the exact same, but just coming from opposite sides.

It was an entertaining game.
Bring on Saturday.
And bring on the first round.

The only thing I will say is this: Crosby did slash Schenn. He also slashed someone else, Couturiere maybe. No arguing that. It was not called. Slashing rarely is unless i breaks the stick or hurt the guy anymore. But you could have called slashing on each team at least 15 times prior to Schenn hit Crosby. That is on the refs, and they really do need to call that shit. But Schenn's hit should have been an automatic penalty, as it should have been if any player made that hit. I think it was but for some weird reason it was called a wash b/c the Pens scored, but the Pens scored before the hit. I am not really understanding that.

Two things:

1. Notice how Crosby did not say a word to anyone after Schenn hit him? Of course he looked around, who wouldn't, but he never said a word to the ref or anyone else.

2. Please don't try and say Crsoby dove on that Schenn hit,. Please don't make yourself look like that fool. I know your all better than lowering yourself to that level.

I am not saying this to defend Crosby's actions during the game, he played a dirty game, most of the players on the ice did. Crosby said in an interview Monday that playing the Flyers brings out the dirty player in him. I bring these two things up just to show that Crosby is not really the whining crybaby diver that certain fanbases like to portray.

Pete Nice Wrote:The only thing I will say is this: Crosby did slash Schenn. He also slashed someone else, Couturiere maybe. No arguing that. It was not called. Slashing rarely is unless i breaks the stick or hurt the guy anymore. But you could have called slashing on each team at least 15 times prior to Schenn hit Crosby. That is on the refs, and they really do need to call that shit. But Schenn's hit should have been an automatic penalty, as it should have been if any player made that hit. I think it was but for some weird reason it was called a wash b/c the Pens scored, but the Pens scored before the hit. I am not really understanding that.

Two things:

1. Notice how Crosby did not say a word to anyone after Schenn hit him? Of course he looked around, who wouldn't, but he never said a word to the ref or anyone else.

2. Please don't try and say Crsoby dove on that Schenn hit,. Please don't make yourself look like that fool. I know your all better than lowering yourself to that level.

I am not saying this to defend Crosby's actions during the game, he played a dirty game, most of the players on the ice did. Crosby said in an interview Monday that playing the Flyers brings out the dirty player in him. I bring these two things up just to show that Crosby is not really the whining crybaby diver that certain fanbases like to portray.

When games like that, the refs need to get extra strict to keep it under control. Players start standing up for eachother and things just escalate.

1. I did.
2. I haven't. That would be one hell of a reflex to start falling that quick after a hit he didn't know was coming.

The only "Crosby is a diver" case I've made, is that he did it in his first couple years.

It might come as a surprise, but I don't mind when players get a little dirty like that in those kind of games.
Sometimes it's ok to get your stick up in someones face when they're about to crush you. The extra room you'll get after that is worth the 2 minutes.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:The only thing I will say is this: Crosby did slash Schenn. He also slashed someone else, Couturiere maybe. No arguing that. It was not called. Slashing rarely is unless i breaks the stick or hurt the guy anymore. But you could have called slashing on each team at least 15 times prior to Schenn hit Crosby. That is on the refs, and they really do need to call that shit. But Schenn's hit should have been an automatic penalty, as it should have been if any player made that hit. I think it was but for some weird reason it was called a wash b/c the Pens scored, but the Pens scored before the hit. I am not really understanding that.

Two things:

When games like that, the refs need to get extra strict to keep it under control. Players start standing up for eachother and things just escalate.

1. I did.
2. I haven't. That would be one hell of a reflex to start falling that quick after a hit he didn't know was coming.

The only "Crosby is a diver" case I've made, is that he did it in his first couple years.

It might come as a surprise, but I don't mind when players get a little dirty like that in those kind of games.
Sometimes it's ok to get your stick up in someones face when they're about to crush you. The extra room you'll get after that is worth the 2 minutes.

I was listening to sports radio this morning and they said that Crosby really got his whiner label from that first game when Hatcher fucked him up and smashed him in the mouth with his stick. Crosby hounded the refs like crazy about that for months.

I also heard someone from Canada say that Crosby has been getting run by the other team since he was 8. Even as a kid, the other team was always trying to hurt him.

With everything people knock Crosby for, myself included, no one would care if he wasn't so good.

And it looks like the rivalry is still going strong with this new version of the Flyers.
I really can't wait for this playoff series.
Pete Nice Wrote:I also heard someone from Canada say that Crosby has been getting run by the other team since he was 8. Even as a kid, the other team was always trying to hurt him.
someone from Canada.....you mean his parents?

I watched quite a few games when he was in the Q, and he wasn't treated any different than anyone else
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:I also heard someone from Canada say that Crosby has been getting run by the other team since he was 8. Even as a kid, the other team was always trying to hurt him.

I watched quite a few games when he was in the Q, and he wasn't treated any different than anyone else

No it was an analyst or a writer. Media person.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

No it was an analyst or a writer. Media person.
I haven't heard that. Hey, playing major junior in Canada is pretty tough sledding.

Its essentially a free for all, everyone is trying to make the NHL and they bust their ass to do it. No one gets targeted, everyone is fair game. I've been to enough games to know.

If he was challenged, it was a good thing, only made him better.

Imported from Canada.
So the Pens are set at #4, Philly is set at #5.
Is it safe to say anyone with the slightest injury will be sitting this one out?
And I'll put money on it being a boring game.
Chip Wrote:So the Pens are set at #4, Philly is set at #5.
Is it safe to say anyone with the slightest injury will be sitting this one out?

So here is what I was thinking last night.

It was obvious shortly into the 3rd period that the Penguins were going to beat the Rangers.
The time on the Pens/Rangers and Flyers/Sabres games were almost identical.
The Devils were 3 points behind the Flyers with two games to go and up 1 on Detroit. Devils ended up winning.
The Flyers should have seen that and "allowed" Buffalo to win last night, and then threw the game Saturday, hoping the Devils would win and beat Ottawa Saturday and get the 5 seed.
Then the Flyers would have gotten the 6 seed and played Florida first round and the Pens would have gotten New Jersey. This would have almost ensured both of them a trip to the second round. Where this matchup belongs, or even for the conference championship.

In the East, the top 4 points totals will be from the Atlantic, yet 3 of them will be hte 4, 5 and 6 seeds and two will have to go on the road.
That is bullshit and they need to change seeding to stop rewarding mediocrity, Florida should be the 8 seed.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:So the Pens are set at #4, Philly is set at #5.

So here is what I was thinking last night.

It was obvious shortly into the 3rd period that the Penguins were going to beat the Rangers.
The time on the Pens/Rangers and Flyers/Sabres games were almost identical.
The Devils were 3 points behind the Flyers with two games to go and up 1 on Detroit. Devils ended up winning.
The Flyers should have seen that and "allowed" Buffalo to win last night, and then threw the game Saturday, hoping the Devils would win and beat Ottawa Saturday and get the 5 seed.
Then the Flyers would have gotten the 6 seed and played Florida first round and the Pens would have gotten New Jersey. This would have almost ensured both of them a trip to the second round. Where this matchup belongs, or even for the conference championship.

In the East, the top 4 points totals will be from the Atlantic, yet 3 of them will be hte 4, 5 and 6 seeds and two will have to go on the road.
That is bullshit and they need to change seeding to stop rewarding mediocrity, Florida should be the 8 seed.
With the realignment, that the nhlpa shot down it would have helped get rid of some of that seeding crap.

Imported from Canada

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2012 Offseason Chip 117 27,557 01-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  2011 Preseason Chip 13 5,284 09-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Chip
  2011 Offseason Chip 139 34,971 09-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Brampton
  2011 Playoffs. Chip 166 39,872 06-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Chip
  2010-2011 season Pete Nice 206 47,281 04-13-2011, 07:02 AM