Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 Offseason
Yep. After that shitting of the bed last night, I'm throwing in the towel.

My thoughts on what Philly should do in the off season.
Versteeg is getting Leino's money, so trade him and sign Leino.
Get rid of Carcillo. Can they get Upshall back?
Do what ever it takes to get Schneider out of Vancouver.
If they can't, give Hartnell away and sign a goalie with his money.
Would Bryzgalov or Voukoun take 4 or 5 mil a year? There isn't much else out there.
Chip Wrote:Yep. After that shitting of the bed last night, I'm throwing in the towel.

Would Bryzgalov or Voukoun take 4 or 5 mil a year? There isn't much else out there.
How bout trading for rask, guigere, nabokov, or montoya??

Sent from my balls
Brampton Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Yep. After that shitting of the bed last night, I'm throwing in the towel.

How bout trading for rask, guigere, nabokov, or montoya??

Sent from my balls

I don't think Rask is going anywhere, Thomas is getting old, and Boston might want to keep him for post-Thomas.
Guigere, eh, I guess he's an upgrade
Nabokov, what I've heard about him from his time in San Jose, nooooo. Players do not like playing infront of him.
Montoya, I don't know that he would be much better then Bobrovski will be, or hopefully will be.
When the season is over for the Flyers (probably Friday night) I'm going to forget all about hockey. Then I'm going to watch the occassional Phillies game and wait for Football.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
With Richards, Carter, Faggot Briere, Giroux and Vanreemdsdyke, Philly is loaded at offense, their defense is ageing and obviously not as good as it was last year, but still top 10 in the league.

Philly need a goaltender and I pray every night to Allah, Buddah, God and Jesus that they do not get one.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice Wrote:With Richards, Carter, Faggot Briere, Giroux and Vanreemdsdyke, Philly is loaded at offense, their defense is ageing and obviously not as good as it was last year, but still top 10 in the league.

Philly need a goaltender and I pray every night to Allah, Buddah, God and Jesus that they do not get one.

I still don't get the hate for Briere.

I think their D was a whole lot better this year. Only because this year they had a 3rd pairing this year.

And what would you say about the idea of trading Malkin?
I think having 2 centers making over 17mil is kinda dangerous.
That 8.7 could be 3 other decent forwards.
Just go with Crosby/Staal/Letestu down the middle. (Is Letestu the center who stepped up this year?)
As far as my Pens:

Elite Goaltender

the best Defense in the NHL all signed for two more years.

Crosby, Kunitz, Malkin, Staal, Cooke, Kennedy, Letestu, Neal all signed for at least two more years. When healthy, that is enough offense there.

Unrestricted Free Agents:

Craig Adams- priority #1, the reason the Pens had the #1 PK.

Max Talbot - loves the team and the city, is a local legend, big game player. BUT they can only bring him back if he comes on the cheap cheap cheap, so that is really on his shoulders. How much does he want to win another cup and finish his career in PGH?

Mike Rupp - can score some goals, fight and hit. Would be good to bring back, on the cheap only

Alexei Kovavlev - Everyone hates him and thinks he is old, I like him and think he would be amazing on a line with Crsoby and Kunitz. Kunitz is the net guy, Crosby the play maker and Kovalev is the sniper. If they can get him for $2mill of less, sign him!!!

Pascal Dupuis - Crosby likes him, plays awesome Defense, especially on the PK, Dupuis, Adams, Cooke and Stall are the best 2 PK lines in the NHL. Just for that, I would resign him but again it would have to be on the cheap. He loves playing in PGH, how much more does he love money?

Aaron Asham - He was good in the playoffs, non existent in the regular season, though injured. I still don't like him from his Flyer days. SEE YA.

There are more, but those are the big ones I remember.

Everyone wants them to sign a top 6 forward, but who is there and where is the money? I think Kovalev fits the bill for a year or two and there are guys in the minors who should fill the roll in the future.

They are also talking about trading some of their deep defense, not Orpik, Martin, Michalek or Letang but others, since they have two 1st round guys that might be ready.

Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:With Richards, Carter, Faggot Briere, Giroux and Vanreemdsdyke, Philly is loaded at offense, their defense is ageing and obviously not as good as it was last year, but still top 10 in the league.

I still don't get the hate for Briere.

I think their D was a whole lot better this year. Only because this year they had a 3rd pairing this year.

And what would you say about the idea of trading Malkin?
I think having 2 centers making over 17mil is kinda dangerous.
That 8.7 could be 3 other decent forwards.
Just go with Crosby/Staal/Letestu down the middle. (Is Letestu the center who stepped up this year?)

I hate Briere b/c he is a cherry picking, no defense playing, whining, crying, diving bitch. If his name was Sidney Crosby, he would be 10 times more hated than the real Crosby. Crosby is the captain, so it is his job to get the refs to make calls his way, Briere is not the captain. Crosby doesn't cherry pick, in fact his defense has been lauded and he back checks very well. I had to add that b/c I know you were going to compare the whining, crying, diving part to Crosby, even though Crosby really is no more of a diver than anyone in the rest of the league, and again, it is the Captains job to talk to the refs.

Enough of that though b/c I am sick of arguing over hockey players.

NO NO NO NO NO to trading Malkin. When everyone in the NHL is healthy, Malkin is one of the 5 best players. Crosby is obviously the best. With all the injuries in the league, especially to the Penguins, they need them both. And with their being doubts about Crosby's future, it is even more important to keep Malkin. I see both of them playing here their entire career, especially if they win another cup. If anyone goes elsewhere, it is going to be Staal, and that would not be until his contract is over. They wanted Staal to center the second line this year with Malkin on the wing. Injuries prevented that, but there is a good chance they will do it next year. Letestu will be centering the third line if that happens, and it most likely will happen. And how would they ever get value right now for Malkin? He is coming off two straight injury filled seasons. If he comes back and plays like he did his first 3 seasons this year, he will be worth two top 3 wingers. And no one would pay that. They would NEVER get value for him, unless there is a team with the #1 pick and a top 3 forward that is amazing, then it might be worthwhile.

Pete Nice Wrote:I hate Briere b/c he is a cherry picking, no defense playing, whining, crying, diving bitch. If his name was Sidney Crosby, he would be 10 times more hated than the real Crosby. Crosby is the captain, so it is his job to get the refs to make calls his way, Briere is not the captain. Crosby doesn't cherry pick, in fact his defense has been lauded and he back checks very well. I had to add that b/c I know you were going to compare the whining, crying, diving part to Crosby, even though Crosby really is no more of a diver than anyone in the rest of the league, and again, it is the Captains job to talk to the refs.

Enough of that though b/c I am sick of arguing over hockey players.

NO NO NO NO NO to trading Malkin. When everyone in the NHL is healthy, Malkin is one of the 5 best players. Crosby is obviously the best. With all the injuries in the league, especially to the Penguins, they need them both. And with their being doubts about Crosby's future, it is even more important to keep Malkin. I see both of them playing here their entire career, especially if they win another cup. If anyone goes elsewhere, it is going to be Staal, and that would not be until his contract is over. They wanted Staal to center the second line this year with Malkin on the wing. Injuries prevented that, but there is a good chance they will do it next year. Letestu will be centering the third line if that happens, and it most likely will happen. And how would they ever get value right now for Malkin? He is coming off two straight injury filled seasons. If he comes back and plays like he did his first 3 seasons this year, he will be worth two top 3 wingers. And no one would pay that. They would NEVER get value for him, unless there is a team with the #1 pick and a top 3 forward that is amazing, then it might be worthwhile.

I thought you were going to go with the "Briere is dirty" angle. Other then that, I think he's a pretty quiet player.
I really didn't think I was inciting and argument over him though.

I've heard people mention a Malkin trade, and it seems like a whole lot of money locked up in a few players.
And they have a whole lot of forwards to sign.
Chip Wrote:I thought you were going to go with the "Briere is dirty" angle. Other then that, I think he's a pretty quiet player.
I really didn't think I was inciting and argument over him though.

I've heard people mention a Malkin trade, and it seems like a whole lot of money locked up in a few players.
And they have a whole lot of forwards to sign.

They already have 3 NHL ready lines signed, so they really only need to sign Adams and could fill the other two spots from Tangradi, Connor, Johnson, Jeffries and Vitale from the minors. Tangradi with Crosby and Kunitz on 1st line, Staal, Malkin, Neal on 2nd line, Letestu, Cooke, Kennedy 3rd line, Adams w/ a combo of Vitale, Johnson, Jeffries, Connor 3rd line. I think Comrie might be signed for one more year also.

So all they really need to resign forward wise is Adams.

I want them to sign Adams, Dupuis, Talbot and Kovalev.

1- Kovalev, Kunitz, Crosby

2- Staal, Malkin, Neal

3- Letestu, Cooke, Kennedy

4- Adams, Dupuis, Talbot

extra forward - Comrie if signed, otherwise maybe a retread minimum guy b/c if not playing, I want the other guys to be playing full time at Wilkes Barre

Haha.

[Image: PlayoffOvechtrick.jpg]
Chip Wrote:Haha.

[Image: PlayoffOvechtrick.jpg]

I saw that all over facebook last night.

I am beginning to think more and more that he is a cancer to his team. His production was down this year, he is still dirty, he is still selfish. I actually think Philly has a better shot going forward than Washington. At least Philly's guys are all team players, Philly has a better defense and their star player is not a dirty selfish player, just dirty. (sorry I had to) . Washington has Mike Green, who is heralded as a top defenceman, but his defence SUCKS, they should just move him to forward and the point on the PP. He might be one of the worst defensive defencemen I have ever seen play the game. I also think Washington is in the same boat as Philly, no goaltending. A few guys who have a few good spurts (hehe), but no one who is a proven long term winner or big game play maker.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:Haha.

I saw that all over facebook last night.

I am beginning to think more and more that he is a cancer to his team. His production was down this year, he is still dirty, he is still selfish. I actually think Philly has a better shot going forward than Washington. At least Philly's guys are all team players, Philly has a better defense and their star player is not a dirty selfish player, just dirty. (sorry I had to) . Washington has Mike Green, who is heralded as a top defenceman, but his defence SUCKS, they should just move him to forward and the point on the PP. He might be one of the worst defensive defencemen I have ever seen play the game. I also think Washington is in the same boat as Philly, no goaltending. A few guys who have a few good spurts (hehe), but no one who is a proven long term winner or big game play maker.
Did you watch their game last night.....He was the only guy on that team trying.

They should be embarrassed, including Ovechkin for that four and out. That is just shitty hockey.

Holtby was the only consistant goalie they had all year, and he wasn't even on their playoff roster..... Wtf

Some teams aren't gonna win, and they are one of them.
Did you watch their game last night.....He was the only guy on that team trying.

They should be embarrassed, including Ovechkin for that four and out. That is just shitty hockey.

Holtby was the only consistant goalie they had all year, and he wasn't even on their playoff roster..... Wtf

Some teams aren't gonna win, and they are one of them.[/quote]

I heard OV was hurt most of the year too. His knee I think.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2012 Offseason Chip 117 27,557 01-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  2011-2012 Season Chip 177 36,173 06-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  2011 Preseason Chip 13 5,284 09-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Chip
  2011 Playoffs. Chip 166 39,872 06-21-2011, 02:17 PM
  2010-2011 season Pete Nice 206 47,281 04-13-2011, 07:02 AM