Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011-2012 Season
Joe Wrote:Gee, I wonder why the Pens brought this guy up last week.

[youtube]hImezA0nbDU[/youtube]

To fight, hit, get penalties and smash faces. But everyone, including Jody Shelley (two girls names), was afraid of him.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Chip Wrote:
Joe Wrote:Gee, I wonder why the Pens brought this guy up last week.

[youtube]hImezA0nbDU[/youtube]

Shhhh!! The Penguins don't have players like that and don't do things like that.
And if other teams don't stop doing things like that, Lemieux is selling his portion of the team and getting out of the NHL.

You couldn't be more incorrect. The Penguins have always had a dirty player or a fighter on their team as long as I can remember, from Ulf Smuuellson to Marty McSorely, to Stu Barnes to Darius Kasperitus to Jarrko Rutuu to Matt Cooke before this year to Eric Goddard to Francois Leroux to MacIntyre in the minors now.

This year is kind of an exception as MacIntyre only was called up for like 4 games. Asham is the only "dirty" guy and he really isn't and Engelland is the only real fighter and he also plays great defense.

I love that guys like Crosby and Malkin are getting some dirty hits and little slashes in. People have been doing it to them for years, payback is a bitch huh? What's good for hte goose is good for the gander. Just no head shots, I do not advocate head shots.

MacIntyre is on the playoff roster for the first series....

Probably won't dress unless the Flyers instigate something in a game, then he will dress next game.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
:?

"The NHL had a chance to send a clear and strong message that those kinds of actions are unacceptable and embarrassing to the sport. It failed," he said. "We, as a league, must do a better job of protecting the integrity of the game and the safety of our players. We must make it clear that those kinds of actions will not be tolerated and will be met with meaningful disciplinary action.

"If the events relating to Friday night reflect the state of the league, I need to rethink whether I want to be a part of it."

:poke:

But I think there is one roster for the entire playoffs.
Chip Wrote::?

"The NHL had a chance to send a clear and strong message that those kinds of actions are unacceptable and embarrassing to the sport. It failed," he said. "We, as a league, must do a better job of protecting the integrity of the game and the safety of our players. We must make it clear that those kinds of actions will not be tolerated and will be met with meaningful disciplinary action.

"If the events relating to Friday night reflect the state of the league, I need to rethink whether I want to be a part of it."

Islanders game last year. That game was ridiculous. Islanders players were flat out trying to hurt people. Mario is right there. I don't want people hurt, I am saying little slashes that sting and tough physical play. Fighting is part of the game Not head shots and obvious intent to injure.

Can't wait for game time. Playoff hockey is the most exciting sport to watch.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote::?

Islanders game last year. That game was ridiculous. Islanders players were flat out trying to hurt people. Mario is right there. I don't want people hurt, I am saying little slashes that sting and tough physical play. Fighting is part of the game Not head shots and obvious intent to injure.

That was more in responce to MacIntyre.
Things are going to get out of hand from time to time.
And that letter from Lemieux was stupid.
Haha.

LA Kings ‏ @LAKings
To everyone in Canada outside of BC, you're welcome.
Every day, the Pens making Lemieux look like a bigger and bigger hypocrite.

[youtube_url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOz2-l19tJ8[/youtube_url]
I have to say I'm quite disappointed in the Flyers for not taking any cheap shots.
So how's that Flyers/ Pens series working out?
Rockitdog-C&R forum
Twitter: @TheMattEllis, FB: facebook.com/mattellis23
MattInMinnesota Wrote:So how's that Flyers/ Pens series working out?

Haha. Pretty boring.
Confusedarcasm:

Craig Adams has an automatic one game suspension.
Neal has 2 phone hearings tomorrow at 10, I'm guessing that'll be one long hearing covering 2 different events.
Asham has an in person hearing tomorrow at 11, and in person hearings mean they can suspend him for 5+ games.

For those keeping score, those 3 are all Pens.
MattInMinnesota Wrote:So how's that Flyers/ Pens series working out?

Working out pretty damn good!
so........I guess Pete is upset about something :poke:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
DaveP Wrote:Longest post ever

First paragraph: total BS
Second: True
Third: saying someone sucks is like calling them gay. It's an insult, it doesn't have to be true. Butt hurt.
Fourth: what ever he's got to tell himself. When the Pens are winning, past doesn't matter, when they're losing, at least they have the past.
The rest, blah blah blah.

I'm not talking any more hockey here, I'll keep it in the hockey forum.

Typical Flyer fan, NEVER willing to give ANY credit to the Penguins. NONE. Sore winners. Can't win with grace, can only degrade the Penguins, their players and their fans. Learn how to win with class.

Are you seriously telling me that the Flyers didn't do the same thing when they were losing big? B/c if so your hockey knowledge credibility just took a very steep drop. You damn well know that the Flyers would have done the EXACT same thing if the situation was reversed. Don't even try to deny it.

FUUUUCK. I am done. Fucking Flyers fans.

I give them credit, when they deserve it.
But yesterday, they didn't deserve any.
Every team can get chippy when they're down. I admit it when the Flyers do, I don't see how that has anything to do with this.
The Pens went over the line yesterday.
When was the last time any team had 3 players suspended from one game?
http://deadspin.com/5902143/inside-the-m...aman-boobs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2012 Offseason Chip 117 27,557 01-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Beckster
  2011 Preseason Chip 13 5,284 09-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Chip
  2011 Offseason Chip 139 34,971 09-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Brampton
  2011 Playoffs. Chip 166 39,872 06-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Chip
  2010-2011 season Pete Nice 206 47,281 04-13-2011, 07:02 AM