Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blue Moon Belgium White
I took one drink. Then put the lid back on. I don't like it. Seems like it might be good with food, but not a good beer to just drink. you take a drink, then the taste is like eating chinese orange beef, or chicken.

I will not finish this bottle, or the other 5 I have. Maybe my wife will like it.

I'm totally bummed by this purchase this evening. Confusedad:
I actually like Blue Moon and Belguim whites in general. I think you don't like it b/c you are not far enough removed from the Bud tit yet.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:I actually like Blue Moon and Belguim whites in general. I think you don't like it b/c you are not far enough removed from the Bud tit yet.

I just don't like it.
Part of the problem with this is that the tastes of it are very subtle.

I can definitely help you make it better though.

Go to the store and get a couple oranges. Cut the oranges into wedges (about 8-10 wedges per orange). Pour the beer into a clean glass. Then squeeze an orange wedge into the beer.

I know exactly what you are saying. I don't much like Blue Moon by itself (not fruited). However, orange will "wake up" a lot of other flavors in the beer. You can substitute in fresh lemon or lime (don't use juice or the fake stuff) if you can't find orange, but I don't like it as well.

Other Belgium Whites are different. Some of them require fruit to bring out the complex tastes, others are spiced differently so they don't need it. But BM definitely needs the fruit.
---------------------------------
Pokes28 -- AKA David in Missouri
I think it tastes like what carpet cleaner smells like.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Belgium - Lips of Faith - Transatlantique Kriek Pokes28 16 5,288 03-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Pokes28
  Harvest Moon Pumkin Ale Pete Nice 10 3,513 01-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Last Post: the keifer
  Wild Blue Blueberry Lager Pete Nice 30 8,074 09-23-2010, 08:00 PM
Last Post: JDubb
  Coney Island Albino Python White Lager (Brewed with Spices) Pete Nice 7 2,813 07-19-2010, 02:38 PM
  New Belgium - Trippel Pokes28 0 1,050 05-12-2010, 04:22 PM
  Blue Moon Grand Cru 2009 Belgian-Style Wheat Ale Pete Nice 2 1,347 05-12-2010, 04:20 PM