Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010-2011 season
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:So I am listening to the Penguins Lightening game on my drive home from NYC. IT in TB so I get their announcers and I have to say, these guys SUUUUUUUCK. Chip you say the Pens announcers are homers and I say the Flyers announcers are the biggest homers, these guys are WAAAAY worse than either. These guys bitch about EVERYTHING that doesn't go their way. These guys take being a homer announcer to a whole new level. I can't wait, 5 minutes and I will be in FM radio range to get the Pens feed.

I don't know that I've caught TB's radio guys much, but yeah, their TV guys suck too.

Hey, so what's the over/under for Stamkos' goals for the year? 60?

44. I think St. Lious is gonna be the guy there this year.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I don't know that I've caught TB's radio guys much, but yeah, their TV guys suck too.

Tampa is gonna be good this year.
If Hedman pans out, and I think Ellis is a decent enough goalie.

I'm still pissed about this.

The most depressing 1:33 I've seen in a really long time.
[youtube]aHBGeosZULA[/youtube]
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Chip Wrote:I don't know that I've caught TB's radio guys much, but yeah, their TV guys suck too.

Tampa is gonna be good this year.
If Hedman pans out, and I think Ellis is a decent enough goalie.

I'm still pissed about this.

The most depressing 1:33 I've seen in a really long time.
[youtube]aHBGeosZULA[/youtube]

That's some good comedy!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice Wrote:That's some good comedy!!! :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Ass.
I still don't like him, but I respect this

Crosby holds players-only meeting
The Penguins, 5-5-1 before Saturday night's game in Carolina, held a players-only meeting Friday night after lossing to Philly. I spoke to a Pittsburgh player about it Saturday, and he said the message was that everyone needed to get on the same page, that the team has very high standards and the effort through Friday night was not nearly good enough. In my books, that's big-time leadership from captain Sidney Crosby. Most teams wouldn't bat an eye at a .500 start, but Crosby wants to nip something in the bud before it snowballs.
"after lossing to Philly"

:roflmao: Ha ha Pete.
Joe Wrote:"after lossing to Philly"

:roflmao: Ha ha Pete.

Boom.
2-1

Hey, who had Briere in the "first Flyer to get suspended" pool?
Brampton Wrote:I still don't like him, but I respect this

Eh. Columbus had a closed door, players only meeting this weekend too. They're no big deal.
Chris Neil, one of the big reasons I hate Ottawa. Apparently, he's a pain in the ass to his own team too.

The next Ottawa/Boston game could be good.

“That’s typical Chris Neil. I had to protect that guy for three years when I was there. He’d do that and I’d have to fight all his battles for him the next time we’d play a team after he’d do something stupid like that. It doesn’t surprise me.’’

"That's the way he does it. He'll do something like that where he knows he'll get kicked out of the game and won't have to come back and fight anybody. I've been around him long enough to know he does that, and then I'm the one who usually has to fight his battles the next time we play a team. So that's typical."

http://www.nesn.com/2010/11/brian-mcgrat...dence.html
Sounds like Chris Neil would make a great Flyer.

Pete Nice Wrote:Sounds like Chris Neil would make a great Flyer.

Yeah, in the same way that Greg Louganis would make a great Penguin.
Chip Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:Sounds like Chris Neil would make a great Flyer.

Yeah, in the same way that Greg Louganis would make a great Penguin.

Oh, Greg Louganis would make a much better Flyer, fit right in with Hartnell and Briere. And gay people LOVE wearing the color orange.

So I missed the Pens game last night, thank god, but I see today that Crosby dropped the gloves last night, not only did he drop them, he dropped them in defense of Letang. And he handily won the fight. Now Chip is gonna tell me all about how the guy he fought is the biggest pussy in the NHL, which we know can't be true b/c Briere is the biggest pussy in the NHL, but you have to admit, Crosby is the complete package AND a huge team player. You would never see Ovechkin, Hossa, Kovulchuk, Gaborik or Stamkos do that.

Pete Nice Wrote:So I missed the Pens game last night, thank god, but I see today that Crosby dropped the gloves last night, not only did he drop them, he dropped them in defense of Letang. And he handily won the fight. Now Chip is gonna tell me all about how the guy he fought is the biggest pussy in the NHL, which we know can't be true b/c Briere is the biggest pussy in the NHL, but you have to admit, Crosby is the complete package AND a huge team player. You would never see Ovechkin, Hossa, Kovulchuk, Gaborik or Stamkos do that.

So many points to counter here...
I just watched it, I didn't know until just now even. At first I thought "there he goes doing his 'grab the jersey and push and pull them until they fall down' move he's always done before. I was surprised to see him actually land a couple this time. Every other fight I've seen him in, you can barely call it a fight.
He is a complete player, and team player. Like I said before, I just don't like him. He's a little bitch.

This is the only time that came to mind for Ovechkin. He did it right, squared off and took his helmet and visor off. On that note, I do get that sometimes there isn't time too.
But it's not Ovie's fault his teammate didn't let him go through with it.
[youtube]d8iUNIl1_Kw[/youtube]
Gaborik faught Carcillo, and the rest of the Rangers were blasted for not sticking up for him the way Bradley did for Ovechkin. And yes, Gaborik dropped the gloves first.
[youtube]Prk2Lojjmbw[/youtube]
Pete Nice Wrote:So I missed the Pens game last night, thank god, but I see today that Crosby dropped the gloves last night, not only did he drop them, he dropped them in defense of Letang. And he handily won the fight. Now Chip is gonna tell me all about how the guy he fought is the biggest pussy in the NHL, which we know can't be true b/c Briere is the biggest pussy in the NHL, but you have to admit, Crosby is the complete package AND a huge team player. You would never see Ovechkin, Hossa, Kovulchuk, Gaborik or Stamkos do that.
Stamkos is Canadian, so he would absolutely do this if he had been in the league for more than two years, and was the leader of the team.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2011-2012 Season Chip 177 36,173 06-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  2011 Preseason Chip 13 5,284 09-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Chip
  2011 Offseason Chip 139 34,971 09-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Brampton
  2011 Playoffs. Chip 166 39,872 06-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Chip