Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010-2011 season
i bleed green Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:I've never met anyone who didn't either like or respect Gordie Howe......and I live in the greater Toronto area
Yeah but he's from back in the day.
So what did Mr. Hockey do that was so bad?????
What did Crosby do? Nothing. You don't like him because he isn't gonna jeopardize millions in endorsements by saying something controversial. Don't even start with the whining and diving. He is no worse than anyone else. I don't quite get the Toronto reference. You're saying Laffs fans are bitter?

I made a comment that the greater Toronto area doesn't like Crosby, maybe that us it? That is what I assumed at least.

I am so fucking sick of the whole diving whining thing. You are so fucking right, he does it NO MORE than any other fucking player. Everyone loved Gretsky and Lemieux b/c they were the best. You never heard anyone EVER call either of them names, or falsely characterize them. Now skip forward a generation and everyone hates Crosby BECAUSE he is the best. People are just whiny crabby jealous assholes now more than they were 20 to 30 years ago. People used to appreciate the best athletes now they just hate on them.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Patrick Roy is my friend.
I've said this before, I still think it's the case.
He did whine and dive his first year or two in the league.
It doesn't really matter that other people did it too, because he was the only once being shoved down everyone's throat as 'the saviour of the NHL'. It got really annoying, and left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.
You only get one chance at a first impression.
Now, he's just too squeeky clean, and too good for people to like him if he's not on their team.
Can't we just accept that, you don't have to like an athlete just because he's really good?
Yeah, I respect him and it pisses me off that he's a Penguin.
He doesn't score many goals one year? He practices shooting the entire off season and wins the scoring title the next.
He's not that good at face offs that year? He practices face offs the entire off season and is one of the best in the league at them the next year.
I don't like the Penguins, how the hell am I supposed to like that guy? :poke:
Chip Wrote:I've said this before, I still think it's the case.
He did whine and dive his first year or two in the league.
It doesn't really matter that other people did it too, because he was the only once being shoved down everyone's throat as 'the saviour of the NHL'. It got really annoying, and left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.
You only get one chance at a first impression.
Now, he's just too squeeky clean, and too good for people to like him if he's not on their team.
Can't we just accept that, you don't have to like an athlete just because he's really good?
Yeah, I respect him and it pisses me off that he's a Penguin.
He doesn't score many goals one year? He practices shooting the entire off season and wins the scoring title the next.
He's not that good at face offs that year? He practices face offs the entire off season and is one of the best in the league at them the next year.
I don't like the Penguins, how the hell am I supposed to like that guy? :poke:

The Flyers are the team I hate more than any other in sports, yet I like Richard and Carter and absolutely LOVE Giroux....

That is respect.

I don't hate players just b/c they are on the teams I don't like. In fact, there are only two players on the Flyers I hate and one I have hated since he was in St. Lious, I think you know who, and the other is Hartnell, for the same deserved reasons why people hate Matt Cooke.

Just saying.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
With that said, I have decided not to participate in the hockey thread any more. I am sick and tired of doing nothing but defending Crosby. I don't have the time, patience or anger management to do it any longer. From now on I will be treating the hockey subforum like I did the Friend in Need on TOMB back in the day. I will be simple clicking "mark all as read" to get rid of the little red arrow.

My blood pressure is excellent and I want to keep it that way. I am sick of being antagonized about Crosby, who IS the best player in the game right now.

That is it.

Well geesh.
I thought the Crosby 'talk' has been pretty tame recently.
The picture just made me laugh, so I posted it.
Can we laugh at Lemieux?
He's come across like a bit of a hypocrite lately.

http://www.downgoesbrown.com/2011/02/oth...ances.html
LeNeve Wrote:Patrick Roy is my friend.

Confusedwoot: Sorry to hear that.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

yeah, that sucks[smiley]sorry[/smiley]
Brampton Wrote:

It's only a matter of time before he sends his kid to kick your ass.
Chip Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:

It's only a matter of time before he sends his kid to kick your ass.
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
Big day for the Sabres.
Some notes from the pc.

"Starting today, there will be no financial mandates" on the front office.

Will enhance team's scouting budget and bring in player development coaches. Talks about how there is no cap on scouting spending.
Pegula means business and while he's expected to use the remainder of the season to assess and analyze every aspect of the organization, it's believed Sabres GM Darcy Regier will be given the opportunity to build his team without the financial handcuffs he's been restrained by over most of his time in Buffalo.

Sabres players are also about to learn the importance of family to Pegula and how much he values a family environment in developing a successful business.

The players, their wives, Sabres employees - pretty much all involved - will be invited to a party on Thursday to get to know Pegula and his wife, Kim.

Sources say the Pegula's are willing to go above and beyond to make sure the little things are done for Sabres players and their families, believing in time, Buffalo will become a destination of choice for prospective free agents.

There will be immediate changes - perhaps more subtle than fans might expect - but the long term outlook for the Buffalo Sabres is nothing but positive.
The fat guy took the puck from him.
:roflmao:

[Image: 97s2fr.jpg]
And a blast from the past.

[Image: era6mx.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2011-2012 Season Chip 177 36,173 06-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  2011 Preseason Chip 13 5,284 09-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Chip
  2011 Offseason Chip 139 34,971 09-18-2011, 09:15 AM