Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010-2011 season
More proof.

http://deadspin.com/5741868/checking-bac...uperheroes
My friend went to get Gordie Howe's autograph over the weekend, and sent me this picture. :roflmao:
I love the decorations.
I'm telling you, nobody likes that guy.
Real fans of hockey like him.

Most Canadians outside of the greater Toronto area, fans of all Western teams except Detroit.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Pete Nice Wrote:Real fans of hockey like him.

Most Canadians outside of the greater Toronto area, fans of all Western teams except Detroit.
I think part of the reason people dont like him is because he has never done anything except win and people get jealous of people that are better than they are.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
i bleed green Wrote:

I think part of the reason people dont like him is because he has never done anything except win and people get jealous of people that are better than they are.
I've never met anyone who didn't either like or respect Gordie Howe......and I live in the greater Toronto area
i bleed green Wrote:

Absolutely. people love to hate winners when their team is a loser.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Pete Nice Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:

Absolutely. people love to hate winners when their team is a loser.

Man I have a long list of sports teams to hate.
Brampton Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:

I've never met anyone who didn't either like or respect Gordie Howe......and I live in the greater Toronto area

I see what you are getting at, but Howe comes from an era where all players were beloved and the media ONLY talked about the good players did and helped cover up scandal and bad things. IF Crosby played in the 60's he would be the most beloved player in the league.

Look at players like Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle. They were all notorious dickheads who did things that would make Mike Vick and Ray Lewis cringe off the filed, but the media loved the good image player and helped cover that shit up.

Pete Nice Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:

I see what you are getting at, but Howe comes from an era where all players were beloved and the media ONLY talked about the good players did and helped cover up scandal and bad things. IF Crosby played in the 60's he would be the most beloved player in the league.

Look at players like Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle. They were all notorious dickheads who did things that would make Mike Vick and Ray Lewis cringe off the filed, but the media loved the good image player and helped cover that shit up.

I get what you're saying, but that might be going a bit far.
Brampton Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:

Yeah but he's from back in the day.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
i bleed green Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:

So what did mr. Hockey do that was so bad?????
Brampton Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:I've never met anyone who didn't either like or respect Gordie Howe......and I live in the greater Toronto area
So what did mr. Hockey do that was so bad?????

We will never know, that is the point, b/c back then everything was covered up by the team, media and other players. He could have been fucking 10 year old boys, but we will never know b/c that shit never got out back then. Now the media wants to expose all that bad shit and turns a guy trying to get a call once in a while into a crybaby.

When Pete said something about the goalie fight on cncted, I almost made a joke about if DiPietro blew out his knee and how long he'd be out.
Well, maybe the Islanders should just give up.
http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/n...id=6090842
Pete Nice Wrote:We will never know, that is the point, b/c back then everything was covered up by the team, media and other players. He could have been fucking 10 year old boys, but we will never know b/c that shit never got out back then. Now the media wants to expose all that bad shit and turns a guy trying to get a call once in a while into a crybaby.

Once in a while... :crank:

It was around that time where the owners were trying to keep a lot of the big players down because they were trying to form a union. I'm not sure how far out of their way they would have gone to protect them. They treated the players like shit.

And it wasn't the media. It was the fans and players.
When Biron was in Buffalo, an on ice mic caught him saying something like "I don't whine, I don't dive".
Forsberg throwing the dive hand-gesture out.
It was as much the players who started it all, as it was anyone else.
Brampton Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:I've never met anyone who didn't either like or respect Gordie Howe......and I live in the greater Toronto area
So what did Mr. Hockey do that was so bad?????
What did Crosby do? Nothing. You don't like him because he isn't gonna jeopardize millions in endorsements by saying something controversial. Don't even start with the whining and diving. He is no worse than anyone else. I don't quite get the Toronto reference. You're saying Laffs fans are bitter?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2011-2012 Season Chip 177 36,173 06-02-2012, 12:49 PM
Last Post: LeNeve
  2011 Preseason Chip 13 5,284 09-30-2011, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Chip
  2011 Offseason Chip 139 34,971 09-18-2011, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Brampton
  2011 Playoffs. Chip 166 39,872 06-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Last Post: Chip