Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2010 DBN Football pick pool
1964 Ford Falcon
[Image: Mark%27s65FordFalconHardtop.jpg]
Brampton Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:It's funny, people love to hate the Steelers and Penguins, who win, but everyone loves the Pirates.

When it comes down to it, people hate any team that wins that is not their team. Let me rephrase that, the masses hate any team that wins that is not theirs. Look at all the people that hate the Patriots now, before 2000, no one cared about the Patriots. Look at the Lions, I have nothing against the Lions, I have a Barry Sanders jersey, and I can not tell you one person who hates the Lions like I hate the Flyers, or shit, even 10% as much as I hate the Flyers. No one hates the Lions, they are the lovable losers. That sucks for their fans, who I am guessing would much rather everyone hated their team than lose all the time. I personally do not hate teams b/c they win, I hate them if they are rivals of my team or themajority of their fans are assholes.
heres the answer to the question that you have. I've answered it before, but to clear it up....there you go. Oh, I could care less about the Pirates as well due to the fact that their owners are assholes, just like the Maple Leafs management has always been.

I'll give you this.....I cheered for the Steelers for one game in my life.....96 super bowl....thats it

Your opinion is your opinion, I don't want to change it, it was not directed at you in particular, just an overall observation based mostly off facebook the last two days, but in my opinion, Steeler fans are not assholes in whole. Confident, yes, but not assholes, at least the vast majority. EVERY team has that minority shit talking asshole fan base. I compare the Steelers fan base to that of the Packers, in fact so do all the national media outlets, as that seems to be one of the major Super Bowl topics so far. But the Steelers and the Packers are both well known for having the biggest, best and most passionate fan bases, both travel very well, both have very knowledgeable fan bases, both are very passionate for their team to almost extreme ends. Both fan bases are very receptive to opposing fans in their home stadium, with some minor exceptions for rivals. You will not see the average Steeler or Packer fan talking shit on the Giants with nothing invested in the game the Giants are playing (Cowboy fans). You will not see 3 or 4 of the average Steeler or Packer fan beating the shit out of someone for wearing a jersey of another team (Eagles fans). You will not see Steelers fans talking mad smack about AFC Championship wins 8 years ago (Patriots fans). I can go on and on. Steeler and Packer fans are classy. With of course minor exceptions that apply to all sports teams. There are several teams whose fans have a very bad reputation currently, the Patriots, Eagles, Cowboys, Chargers and Raiders in particular. The Steelers don't have that reputation as a whole.

You will never see me knocking the Seahawks, 49ers, Bears or Dolphins for no reason. If they are no good, I will say so, but I will only talk smack on rivals (Brown, Ravens, Bengals) and the Cowboys, well occasionally the Patriots, but I am not going to talk smack on any other team, outside of playful pregame banter like this. [Image: 164855_177504748953085_100000806846679_3...3047_n.jpg]

But when it's all over, I don't have ill feelings for the Jets and wish them only the best of luck, Rex Ryan is a hell of a coach.

Anyway, that is my opinion, and everyone is welcome to their own. As a voting stockholder in the Packers, I usually route for them when they play any team not from Pennsylvania and always hope they do good, classy organization.
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Brampton Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:I'm rooting for GB cause I don't like Favre.

He's not on the Steelers.
I believe this is a spite cheer......I approve
Don't get me wrong. I like both franchises, and would be cheering for GB anyways, cause Pittsburgh already has six titles, but Rodgers leading them to a championship, and proving Ted Thompson and McCarthy right for getting rid of Farv would make it that much sweeter.
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
JDubb Wrote:My first post to this thread, Go Pack Go. I know there are only a few of us rooting for the Pack and I don't get it. I have nothing against the Steelers, I've rooted for them many times, but Green Bay is my team. There aren't two more beloved and storied franchises in the NFL. I am expecting a good game and a close game and praying for a Packer win!

This

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
Joe Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
JDubb Wrote:My first post to this thread, Go Pack Go. I know there are only a few of us rooting for the Pack and I don't get it. I have nothing against the Steelers, I've rooted for them many times, but Green Bay is my team. There aren't two more beloved and storied franchises in the NFL. I am expecting a good game and a close game and praying for a Packer win!
this statement is inaccurate. the Steelers weren't competitive until the 70's. I will say they are the most successfull since then, but there was 50 years or so before this.

The world before the 70s is no longer important.

Actually no one really considers the pre Super Bowl era any more, so before 1960 is basically forgotten these days. Since 1960, there are not two more beloved and storied franchises in the NFL.

i bleed green Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:I'm rooting for GB cause I don't like Favre.

He's not on the Steelers.
I believe this is a spite cheer......I approve
Don't get me wrong. I like both franchises, and would be cheering for GB anyways, cause Pittsburgh already has six titles, but Rodgers leading them to a championship, and proving Ted Thompson and McCarthy right for getting rid of Farv would make it that much sweeter.

I agree, if Green Bay was playing any other AFC team in the Super Bowl I would be routing for them hard.

Pete Nice Wrote:It's funny, people love to hate the Steelers and Penguins, who win, but everyone loves the Pirates.

When it comes down to it, people hate any team that wins that is not their team. Let me rephrase that, the masses hate any team that wins that is not theirs. Look at all the people that hate the Patriots now, before 2000, no one cared about the Patriots. Look at the Lions, I have nothing against the Lions, I have a Barry Sanders jersey, and I can not tell you one person who hates the Lions like I hate the Flyers, or shit, even 10% as much as I hate the Flyers. No one hates the Lions, they are the lovable losers. That sucks for their fans, who I am guessing would much rather everyone hated their team than lose all the time. I personally do not hate teams b/c they win, I hate them if they are rivals of my team or the majority of their fans are assholes.

Nobody hates the Lions, because they all feel sorry for them for losing so miserably all these years. They will redeem themselves one day.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
beckster aka Tatertits Wrote:

When it comes down to it, people hate any team that wins that is not their team. Let me rephrase that, the masses hate any team that wins that is not theirs. Look at all the people that hate the Patriots now, before 2000, no one cared about the Patriots. Look at the Lions, I have nothing against the Lions, I have a Barry Sanders jersey, and I can not tell you one person who hates the Lions like I hate the Flyers, or shit, even 10% as much as I hate the Flyers. No one hates the Lions, they are the lovable losers. That sucks for their fans, who I am guessing would much rather everyone hated their team than lose all the time. I personally do not hate teams b/c they win, I hate them if they are rivals of my team or the majority of their fans are assholes.

Nobody hates the Lions, because they all feel sorry for them for losing so miserably all these years. They will redeem themselves one day.

The Red Sox used to be lovable losers too, just like the Cubs still are now.

I kinda got into this debate last night at Bowling.
My team, the girls on my team at least, are Michigan State fans.
And they say they hate UofM so much because of their fans, and that everybody hates them because of their fans. I just said it's because they've been so good for so long.
You're not going to build up hate for a bad team.
They hate UofM so much they actually like OSU.
And I told them to wear a MSU shirt to a game at Michigan. Then wear one at Ohio, and then tell me which team has the worse fans.
It was at that time I realized I shouldn't be talking sports with girls, they just weren't getting it.
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:
this statement is inaccurate. the Steelers weren't competitive until the 70's. I will say they are the most successfull since then, but there was 50 years or so before this.

Actually no one really considers the pre Super Bowl era any more, so before 1960 is basically forgotten these days. Since 1960, there are not two more beloved and storied franchises in the NFL.

I consider it because the Eagles actually won big games before the Superbowl era.
Joe Wrote:

Are you from Wisconsin?
No, I grew up in northern Minnesota and currently live in the Twin Cities but have always been a Packers fan. I think it was initially a protest thing rooting for the opposite team of obnoxious "fans" that would jump on and off the Viking band wagon every year.
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Nobody hates the Lions, because they all feel sorry for them for losing so miserably all these years. They will redeem themselves one day.

And they say they hate UofM so much because of their fans, and that everybody hates them because of their fans. I just said it's because they've been so good for so long.
And I told them to wear a MSU shirt to a game at Michigan. Then wear one at Ohio, and then tell me which team has the worse fans.
It was at that time I realized I shouldn't be talking sports with girls, they just weren't getting it.

I usually side with MSU, because I almost went there.... BUT MSU has a bad rap with all their stupid riots they've had.
Just because someone can call me Mom now doesn't mean I am gonna be Betty Freakin Cocker and bake any pies.
Beckster is the new Dexter
I HATE PIE!!
Chip Wrote:
beckster Wrote:Nobody hates the Lions, because they all feel sorry for them for losing so miserably all these years. They will redeem themselves one day.

I usually side with MSU, because I almost went there.... BUT MSU has a bad rap with all their stupid riots they've had.

I didn't go to either. I didn't even almost go to one.
But, I had a lot more fun at MSU.
The MSU tailgates were legendary.
I was even at the one that forced them to change all the rules.
We would get in line to tailgate the night before, then they let everyone into the lot at 6am. The game that changed it was against Notre Dame, at 8pm.
Shit happened that day, and they were never the same.
JDubb Wrote:
Joe Wrote:

Are you from Wisconsin?
No, I grew up in northern Minnesota and currently live in the Twin Cities but have always been a Packers fan. I think it was initially a protest thing rooting for the opposite team of obnoxious "fans" that would jump on and off the Viking band wagon every year.

This makes you ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE. Any future football talk from you will be ignored.
Chip Wrote:

I hate Penn State, Pitt's biggest and oldest football rival. My wife wanted to go to Gabriel Brothers, a sort of discount store with mostly cheap shit, but occasionally you find some good stuff. We found NOTHING good. But I did find some $3 tshirts for a bunch of teams that play Penn State Every year, so I bought what I am going to call "PSU gameday tshirts" I got Mich St, Iowa, Illinois and Alabama. It's fun b/c there are a lot of PSU fans around here, even some of my friends, but most of my friends are Pitt fans and the rivalry really is that big, that you would wear the opposing teams shirt and openly route against the other team. It has to be a rivalry for this to be as fun though.

Joe Wrote:
Pete Nice Wrote:
Joe Wrote:
Brampton Wrote:this statement is inaccurate. the Steelers weren't competitive until the 70's. I will say they are the most successfull since then, but there was 50 years or so before this.

I consider it because the Eagles actually won big games before the Superbowl era.

The Steagals were pretty good.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Football Picks 2011, totals Brampton 47 16,820 11-20-2011, 10:58 PM
Last Post: Brampton
  DUDEBRONATION FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE 2011 Brampton 61 18,805 09-06-2011, 12:33 PM
Last Post: Texas Fan
  DBN - 2010 Fantasy League Recap and suggestions Pokes28 8 3,645 12-30-2010, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Brian
  Dudebronation FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE 2010 Brampton 28 9,391 12-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  How Canadians play football negadave 16 5,633 11-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Last Post: NussieT
  Official NFL 2010-11 Thread i bleed green 30 10,378 10-24-2010, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Brampton
  Dudebronation Fantasy Football Pete Nice 10 4,737 08-09-2010, 10:11 AM
Last Post: Joe
  Fantasy Football Brampton 16 8,094 12-29-2009, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Pokes28
  CFL Football - Labor Day Classic/Banjo Bowl NussieT 26 9,078 09-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Last Post: i bleed green