Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official NFL 2010-11 Thread
[Image: NFL-Football.jpg]
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
this is a thread I can believe in :high5:
Is it hockey season yet?
Chip Wrote:Is it hockey season yet?
If I was a moderator, I would delete this post.
:flasher:
Brian in NY Wrote:

Joe posted that NFL picture in the hockey thread, so I thought it was only fair that I bring up hockey here.

So, to get back on the correct subject here, football is lame.
It's become a once a week culture based on eating, drinking and gambling. Popular for reasons other then the actual game.
Ok, I'm done.
I like eating, drinking, and gambling though.
Chip Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:

Joe posted that NFL picture in the hockey thread, so I thought it was only fair that I bring up hockey here.

It's become a once a week culture based on eating, drinking and gambling. Popular for reasons other then the actual game.
Ok, I'm done.
And stuff like this.
[youtube]MtED4Y-8q7Y[/youtube]
Everything I say is not true and all things I claim to have done or do are just made up for argument sake!!
[Image: nph_loves_mondays.gif]
We don't need an "Official Thread." We have a whole section for Football. This aint TOMB. ;-)
i bleed green Wrote:
Chip Wrote:
Brian in NY Wrote:

Ok, I'm done.
And stuff like this.

All kinds of jokes came to mind about that not hurting a football players head only because their heads are useless due to all the drugs they've done. Or the fact that they're wearing 50 pounds of pads.
But, I'll just skip all that and say that there are hits like that in hockey. As long as pussies don't call it a "blind side hit". Fuckers.
[Image: x20100919pd_steelersnew_500.jpg]
I was a Little League superstar, don't hate.

Dudebro #5 on the Rich Davis poll and Dudebro #11 on the Steve Covino Poll.  Former Dudebro #18.
[Image: 1square07.jpg][Image: 1square01.jpg]
Chip Wrote:
i bleed green Wrote:And stuff like this.

All kinds of jokes came to mind about that not hurting a football players head only because their heads are useless due to all the drugs they've done. Or the fact that they're wearing 50 pounds of pads.
But, I'll just skip all that and say that there are hits like that in hockey. As long as pussies don't call it a "blind side hit". Fuckers.
Ok.......50 pounds of pads? You've obviously never played football, which is obviously why you don't like the sport.....so stop speaking of something you know nothing about, you sound dumb!

Hockey players wear 4 times as much equipment, and are the dumbest of the pro athletes. Football is inherently more dangerous of a sport.....plus whats scarier a 300 pound lineman who runs a 4.5 40 chasing after you, or a 185 pound white kid from Thunder Bay ontario, who is wearing 25 pound of equipement (which is the same amount you are wearing)
Brampton Wrote:Ok.......50 pounds of pads? You've obviously never played football, which is obviously why you don't like the sport.....so stop speaking of something you know nothing about...

:poke:
I thought that was obvious.

Brampton Wrote:you sound dumb!

I thought that was obvious too.

It's not that I don't like it because I never played it, I never played it because I don't like it.
I'm still going to bet that 185 lbs going 30mph hits a little harder then 300lbs going 15mph.
Hockey players wear about 17lbs of pads, football about 30 lbs.
(thanks to google for all the numbers.)
But, what ever, I'll save this debate for somewhere else. I don't think this is really the place.
Chip Wrote:I'm still going to bet that 185 lbs going 30mph hits a little harder then 300lbs going 15mph.

300 lbs is if you get tackled by one guy.
it is true that the 185lb @30 guy will exert more force than the 300lb @15 guy. I'm not gonna bore you with the calculations
[Image: cat.gif]
I'm a juggernaut of awesomeness

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2010 DBN Football pick pool Pete Nice 329 78,806 01-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice
  DBN - 2010 Fantasy League Recap and suggestions Pokes28 8 3,645 12-30-2010, 09:09 AM
Last Post: Brian
  Dudebronation FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE 2010 Brampton 28 9,391 12-28-2010, 12:31 PM
Last Post: Pete Nice